Thais OUT!!!!!!!!

Crux

Thais OUT!!!!!!!!

by Crux » 01 May 2016 12:44

Just Fukc off, I have supported you but this club just doesn't feel right anymore.

Hammond knows what's going on. They want a toy and property.

Brian has had a shocker too. :arrow:

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

Re: Thais OUT!!!!!!!!

by Ian Royal » 01 May 2016 12:46

CRUX OUT!!!!!!!!

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 01 May 2016 13:53

tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

by tidus_mi2 » 01 May 2016 15:05

Why are some people so against the Thai's? Ok so they keep to themselves, what have they actually done wrong apart from be accused of unfounded rumours of trying to asset strip the club.

It's like you guys think we have a divine right to be successful and when we're not, someone has to take the blame.

Ravel

by Ravel » 01 May 2016 17:15

Crux Just Fukc off, I have supported you but this club just doesn't feel right anymore.

Hammond knows what's going on. They want a toy and property.

Brian has had a shocker too. :arrow:

Get out your cheque book, buy the club, finance it, develop the training facilities, work on (and pay for) a plan to develop the land around the stadium, fund transers, singing on fees, agent fees and wages for new players, and everything that comes with owning a football club yourself or piss off.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 01 May 2016 17:19

I too am unsure of the criticism levelled at the Thais. We actually invested a decent amount last summer.

Lower West
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Lower West » 01 May 2016 18:34

genome I too am unsure of the criticism levelled at the Thais. We actually invested a decent amount last summer.

Wasted not invested. What's to show for the activity except the loss of Hector.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 01 May 2016 18:47

That's not the owners fault though, unless they are picking all the signings

moo
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by moo » 01 May 2016 19:07

Well said.

Stick ya song up your rectum.

Stevie G

by Stevie G » 01 May 2016 19:26

The Thai ownership is not the consistent theme in the last 3 absolutely crap years, give them a break, it's the end of their first year. If i were them i'd be questioning the club management. A top to bottom review required, perhaps Nicky had already been shown the cards..

Desperate times call for desperate measures, cue the announcement of the first pre-season friendly and the clarity that it will Brian's team.

Ascotexgunner
Hob Nob Addict

by Ascotexgunner » 01 May 2016 19:37

genome I too am unsure of the criticism levelled at the Thais. We actually invested a decent amount last summer.

This /\/\. Its a shame that Scottish excuse for a manager wasted so much and the players seemed to be "on the beach" from October onwards.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 01 May 2016 19:49

....just wanted to add to yet another pointless thread

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 01 May 2016 20:07

Lower West

We're not loaded with expensive new signings we have to keep paying for 2 - 3 years that we don't want.

Al-Habsi. Bond (may well come good - though I wouldn't bet on it personally), McShane, Quinn, Liburd (doubt he'll make it but he could), Semedo (ditto Liburd).

TBH, I'd say Al-Habsi, McShane and Quinn are pretty excellent additions. Oh, and all came without big transfer fees. Funny that.

Lower West
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Lower West » 01 May 2016 21:33

Ian Royal
Lower West

We're not loaded with expensive new signings we have to keep paying for 2 - 3 years that we don't want.

Al-Habsi. Bond (may well come good - though I wouldn't bet on it personally), McShane, Quinn, Liburd (doubt he'll make it but he could), Semedo (ditto Liburd).

TBH, I'd say Al-Habsi, McShane and Quinn are pretty excellent additions. Oh, and all came without big transfer fees. Funny that.

Perhaps not but we have been left with a depleted unbalanced squad. Rather than pay wages etc for Hurtado and Fernandez we could have signed lower league players with potential. As a plan b.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 01 May 2016 21:51

Lower West
Ian Royal
Lower West

Perhaps not but we have been left with a depleted unbalanced squad. Rather than pay wages etc for Hurtado and Fernandez we could have signed lower league players with potential. As a plan b.

Mebbes, but that wasn't the point made that I disagreed with.

3points
Hob Nob Regular

by 3points » 02 May 2016 00:02

Ian Royal
Lower West

They would have got decent signing on fees though (well Quinn and McShane anyway)

Royal With Cheese
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal With Cheese » 02 May 2016 12:25

My understanding of the situation is:

Purchase the club.
Develop the real estate as a separate entity from the club.
Sell the real estate and make lots of money. The club will not benefit from this.
Sell the club for whatever they can get for it.

I'm not sure they need a successful club to achieve this.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 02 May 2016 12:58

Royal With Cheese My understanding of the situation is:

Purchase the club.
Sell the real estate and make lots of money. The club will not benefit from this.

That is the concern. Trouble is, Madejski was so desperate to get his money that I doubt he spent too much time considering whether there might be a way of preventing this happening in the future. That's not saying that would even be possible, and definitely not easy, but I doubt it was even at the forefront of his mind at that time.

I really hope he hasn't managed to pick two duff buyers in succession but it is starting to look a little more that way.

Top Flight
Hob Nob Regular

by Top Flight » 02 May 2016 13:08

Don't be too worried about the Thais.

You're all concerned because they are not going to spend ££££milllllions on new players. Madejski never did that either. If they can develop the club so that it can be self sustaining and grow whilst gradually improving the team in the proper Reading way then they will be a good thing.

The appointment of Brian shows that they want to do exactly that. At the end of the day we're Reading not Manchester United.

As always Reading fans expectations are up there some where in cloud cuckoo land. What we need is stability and continuity. I think the Thais and Brian will provide that.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 02 May 2016 13:15

RoyalBlue
Royal With Cheese My understanding of the situation is:

Purchase the club.

That is the concern. Trouble is, Madejski was so desperate to get his money that I doubt he spent too much time considering whether there might be a way of preventing this happening in the future. That's not saying that would even be possible, and definitely not easy, but I doubt it was even at the forefront of his mind at that time.

I really hope he hasn't managed to pick two duff buyers in succession but it is starting to look a little more that way.

No offence, but you think Madejski was a duff owner, so your view on the Thais is pretty ignorable.