Message from the Thai's

122 posts
Top Flight
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Message from the Thai's

by Top Flight » 13 May 2016 14:42

By the way huge title decider about to kick off in Iran.

http://www2.live.irib.ir/

A final day title decider between 3 teams.

Esteghlal Khuzestan 54pts
Persepolis 54pts
Esteghlal 51pts

Last game of the season about to start. Persepolis and Esteghlal are the big clubs with huge support. 100,000 fans are packed into the Azadi stadium supporting Persepolis right now. Esteghlal Khuzestan who are currently ahead on goal difference are the smaller, unfancied side. the surprise package.

You can bet on the games at bet365

http://www.bet365.com/home/FlashGen4/WebConsoleApp.asp?rn=13902771927&stf=1

These are the three games that matter.

Esteghlal Khuzestan Vs Zob Ahan
Persepolis V Rah Ahan
Saba Qom Vs Esteghlal

It'll be interesting to see how this big day of football turns out. I reckon the small club will pull it off, although they don't have an easy game. Last day nerves could get them. Persepolis should win their final game.

Esteghlal will find it tough away to Saba Qom and they are the team that bottled the title run in. But Khuzestan have held their nerve like Leicester and will probably finish the job.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 13 May 2016 15:17

:|

Rollerbob

by Rollerbob » 13 May 2016 15:57

Wow. A thread about our owners, and Top Flight is blabbing about an Iranian league??

Go home Top Flight, you're drunk.

Top Flight
Hob Nob Regular

by Top Flight » 13 May 2016 16:28

There's a game going on at the moment in the Ugandan Premier League, but it's not as interesting. Nothing is riding on it.

Longhorn1970
Hob Nob Regular

by Longhorn1970 » 13 May 2016 17:21

Top Flight Longhorn. I think this is where we differ at the moment.

You think our players are good and it is McDermott's fault entirely that they have underperformed.

I think our players were average and had serious motivational problems that were not fixable in a short space of time by McDermott or any other manager.

Is that fair to say?

Early results would suggest the squad assembled was more than capable at this level ... managers take the rap for poor results that's the way it is in the current landscape

Top Flight
Hob Nob Regular

by Top Flight » 13 May 2016 19:59

Longhorn1970

You think our players are good and it is McDermott's fault entirely that they have underperformed.

I think our players were average and had serious motivational problems that were not fixable in a short space of time by McDermott or any other manager.

Is that fair to say?

Early results would suggest the squad assembled was more than capable at this level ... managers take the rap for poor results that's the way it is in the current landscape

That might be the way it is in the current landscape. But what is your opinion on the matter? In any case, every owner is different and has a different way of doing things. Some are more patient than others.

Do you blame McDermott completely for the lack of effort and desire from the squad this season?

Top Flight
Hob Nob Regular

by Top Flight » 13 May 2016 20:04

The reason this is important Longhorn is because, if the manager is the reason the players underperformed then it is right to sack the manager. But if the players underperformed for a variety of other reasons, then sacking the manager isn't going to solve the problem and improve the situation.

If you think McDermott has failed to get these players to perform, then which manager would have got them to perform?

Longhorn1970
Hob Nob Regular

by Longhorn1970 » 14 May 2016 17:46

Top Flight
Longhorn1970

Is that fair to say?

That might be the way it is in the current landscape. But what is your opinion on the matter? In any case, every owner is different and has a different way of doing things. Some are more patient than others.

Do you blame McDermott completely for the lack of effort and desire from the squad this season?

Since he took over yes, I said at the time I didn't agree with the appointment ..

Top Flight
Hob Nob Regular

by Top Flight » 15 May 2016 10:30

Longhorn1970
Top Flight
Longhorn1970

Since he took over yes, I said at the time I didn't agree with the appointment ..

You love to slam McDermott, but you don't offer an alternative as manager. You don't say who you would have appointed. Exactly who would you have chosen to be our manager?

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 15 May 2016 11:06

Top Flight
Longhorn1970
Top Flight

You love to slam McDermott, but you don't offer an alternative as manager. You don't say who you would have appointed. Exactly who would you have chosen to be our manager?

I'd have probably appointed McDermott (at least I was relatively happy with him getting it at the time) but that doesn't mean you can't be balanced enough to accept that his performance since then, after a pretty decent start I hasten to add, has been bang average at best.

Top Flight
Hob Nob Regular

by Top Flight » 15 May 2016 11:11

Hoop Blah
Top Flight
Longhorn1970

I'd have probably appointed McDermott (at least I was relatively happy with him getting it at the time) but that doesn't mean you can't be balanced enough to accept that his performance since then, after a pretty decent start I hasten to add, has been bang average at best.

I do accept that our performances have been bang average since McDermott arrived. But, also, my analysis tells me that with 6 loan players, and several others at the end of their time at Reading, there were alot of boys who just didn't care. After several managerial failures, I concluded that the problems were not because of McDermott. McDermott is the one who will fix it and in that regard with 9 players already out the door, he is doing a pretty good job of clearing out all the bad characters. His real work has only just begun.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 15 May 2016 11:51

Top Flight
Hoop Blah
Top Flight

I do accept that our performances have been bang average since McDermott arrived. But, also, my analysis tells me that with 6 loan players, and several others at the end of their time at Reading, there were alot of boys who just didn't care. After several managerial failures, I concluded that the problems were not because of McDermott. McDermott is the one who will fix it and in that regard with 9 players already out the door, he is doing a pretty good job of clearing out all the bad characters. His real work has only just begun.

How is he doing a good job of clearing out anyone? Everyone who has left was out of contract or a loanee!

TheBaldOne

by TheBaldOne » 15 May 2016 13:55

Parkinson needs to be next manager . Brian hasn't got a clue.

Portsmouth Royal

by Portsmouth Royal » 15 May 2016 14:14

TheBaldOne Parkinson needs to be next manager . Brian hasn't got a clue.

Whilst i don't think McDermott has done a fantastic job thu far, what evidence has Parkinson shown that he would do any better in his managerial career thus far?

I'm going to stick my neck out and say that if he were to be a successful manager he would have shown signs of it by his age.

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 15 May 2016 14:17

Only previous experiences at this level was leaving Hull in the relegation zone after a disastrous reign and relegated with Charlton.

Interesting you would post that just as Parkinson and his Bradford team are losing the home tie in their Play Off Semi Final.

royalp-we
Hob Nob Regular

by royalp-we » 15 May 2016 15:37

Ah, that old chestnut.

I love the guy. Would give his heart to RFC. Was my favourite player growing up, I was a ball boy at his testimonial actually :lol: the only game I ever saw Gazza play :D

But to manage Reading FC right now?! You must be mental.

Longhorn1970
Hob Nob Regular

by Longhorn1970 » 15 May 2016 15:55

He would be better ..

Longhorn1970
Hob Nob Regular

by Longhorn1970 » 15 May 2016 16:24

Top Flight
Longhorn1970
Top Flight

It's not a question of slamming anyone, as I said at the time I thought it was a lack lustre appointment given who was available. You could make a case for quite a few, some upcoming, some experienced, but whether they would take the job and work in the existing framework and with a limited budget is another matter ...

Top Flight
Hob Nob Regular

by Top Flight » 16 May 2016 10:25

Ian Royal
Top Flight
Hoop Blah

How is he doing a good job of clearing out anyone? Everyone who has left was out of contract or a loanee!

Ok, let's have it the boo boys way. He's doing a bad job. I'm not saying that you're a boo boy Ian. I know you support Brian and will give him the time to sort things out. You take the balanced, reasonable position. I am an extremist Brian lover. Get the extremists off the forum.

The reason I take a more extreme position in favour of Brian is because some people take an extreme anti Brian position, slating without substance or evidence that he is totally incompetent and inept when only he and Coppell have lead Reading to the top division since 1871. I'm going to back him and support him to the same extremes that the anti Brian movement love to hate him because he is a good manager and I know he's good. I'm not going to join the bandwagon that calls for his dismissal before he has even had a chance to do anything with the team. I think I'm being reasonable affording him some time to make a difference.

Others can call me a troll for that if they want.

Top Flight
Hob Nob Regular

by Top Flight » 16 May 2016 10:29

Longhorn1970

He would be better ..

Of course, he would be so much better wouldn't he Longhorn.

Having said that, I wouldn't be against Parkinson being our manager in the future. I like that kind of appointment. A proper Reading person that loves the club being in charge. We have that already in Brian, a man that has won the championship title, has lead us to three cup quarter finals and a play off final. Why would you want to change that for a man with a lesser track record? On what basis is Parkinson a better manager? I love Parky and would love him to be our manager in the future. But not right now.

122 posts
It is currently 20 Apr 2024 15:51