122 posts
George_

Message from the Thai's

by George_ » 09 May 2016 11:55

genome
Hob Nob Legend

Re: Message from the Thai's

by genome » 09 May 2016 11:59

To save you a click (bad nobbing form there)

Sasima, Tiger and Narin on end of season reflection, aims and ambitions

Having ended our season at Blackburn Rovers on Saturday, we can now fully reflect on what has been another disappointing and very frustrating league campaign for everyone – the players, the manager and his coaching team, ourselves the shareholders, the board of directors and a dedicated staff…but most of all our fans.

We took control of this club nearly two years ago now and we are still learning. Our ambition remains the same. But, like so many others in football, we are trying to understand how best to achieve those ambitions as a group and reach the Premier League. Last summer, we decided to invest in a lot of additions and improvements to our squad of players, introducing eleven new faces to the first team during a very busy transfer window. As we are all aware, the results on the pitch have not met this club’s high expectations nor the hopes and aspirations of our loyal supporters in 2015-16.

We have watched and paid close attention to each and every match this season and, although we cannot be at Madejski Stadium every week or travelling up and down the country to see every single game in person – like we know so many of our fantastic supporters have done all season – we still feel the same disappointment, share the same frustrations and possess the same passion in wanting to see this club back where it belongs, battling for the promotion places and competing with the very best once more. For a variety of reasons, this squad of talented individuals have not fulfilled their potential as a team nor found the consistency that this division clearly demands this season.

We have to build from within now and this summer will be an important one. Six loan players have returned to their clubs and there are a number of others who have reached the end of their contracts – so change is inevitable and we will need to build and bind together a new squad of players capable of challenging at the top end of the division in 2016-17.

Despite the obvious disappointment of this season, our commitment to the club grows stronger. Before a ball had been kicked this season, the campaign began with a wonderfully well-received pre-season tour to Bangkok and Koh Samui that successfully connected the club with a football-loving fan base who took the Royals to their heart out in Thailand. On the pitch, the FA Cup proved a real highlight once more as we reached the quarter-finals for only the sixth time in the club’s history and came so close to earning another day out at Wembley!

Off the pitch, exciting new preliminary plans for Royal Elm Park have been put in place, while the wheels have been set in motion on our new training ground development at Bearwood. Football, of course, is the driving force behind our involvement in Reading Football Club. But investment in long term projects like these is crucial if we are to successfully lay the foundations for a sustainable future for this club.

And, on that theme, our Academy continues to be a beacon for all others to follow. This season, our Under-18s reached the FA Youth Cup quarter-final, only to miss out on a semi-final place after a narrow defeat to Chelsea at Stamford Bridge. And our Under-21 side have competed admirably in their first season in the Premier League, beating the likes of Liverpool, Everton and Tottenham to end the season amongst the top ten teams in the country. Only last weekend, 17-year-old Josh Barrett made his first professional start for the club and there were six other Academy products amongst the squad for the last game of the season at Ewood Park – while, out on loan, Tariqe Fosu won the League Two Player of the Month last week, and he will continue his fight for promotion and hopefully feature in a final at Wembley later this month! Investment in our youth is the way forward, as has been proven at Reading for a number of years. We are extremely proud of the reputation our Academy has rightly earned and we are confident we will see yet more young players break into professional football next season to make a real impact in our first team.

Now this season has come to an end, we all have to cast aside any negativity and collectively move this club forward, together, as one, with renewed spirit and passion. The Premier League is where we want to see Reading Football Club. There is no quick answer, no easy route. Sport has ups and downs and football is no different – it won’t always go our way, every week, every season. But we will stay loyal and dedicated to the cause until it all comes together. Ten years ago, this club was celebrating its greatest ever season – 106 points is still a record and the Royals became Premier League. Since then, it has enjoyed three seasons in the top division, won a second league title and reached four FA Cup quarter-finals as well as a semi-final. As fellow fans, our aim is to make more of those memorable moments at Madejski Stadium. But we also know that we have to be positive, be supportive and be together as a club to give ourselves a fighting chance.

Thank you for your continued allegiance and incredible support. Enjoy the summer and let’s look forward to a strong new-look team taking on the brand new challenge of the brand new season ahead!

Best wishes,

Sasima, Tiger and Narin

MrSwickle

by MrSwickle » 09 May 2016 11:59

Sounds to me like they are intending to promote from within and start using the upcoming academy players, which may mean not much money in the transfer window.

But if that's what is needed to rebuild the heart and soul for the club then i'm in.

Top Flight
Hob Nob Regular

by Top Flight » 09 May 2016 12:03

They certainly talk the talk.

Maneki Neko
Hob Nob Legend

by Maneki Neko » 09 May 2016 12:04

Sounds to me like they are intending to promote from within and start using the upcoming academy players, which may mean not much money in the transfer window.

no shit

frees, cheap punts, yoof.
now the parachutes are nearly gone, its pretty much our only option

decent enough statement
if a bit generic/bland-probably a symptom of going through a translator

Silver Fox
Hob Nob Legend

by Silver Fox » 09 May 2016 12:08

They've said the right things there, although I'd have liked Brian to get a shout by name as the man to take us forward.

I now look forward to people reading between the lines and making up stuff they think they see

Armadillo Roadkill

by Armadillo Roadkill » 09 May 2016 12:12

Silver Fox They've said the right things there, although I'd have liked Brian to get a shout by name as the man to take us forward.

I now look forward to people reading between the lines and making up stuff they think they see

OK. Here goes.

"We've noticed people aren't buying season tickets so we thought we'd try and reassure them that we have got some plans for next year."

blueroyals
Hob Nob Regular

by blueroyals » 09 May 2016 12:13

A nice token gesture from the RFC PR department. As if the owners wrote that

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 09 May 2016 12:17

Standard statement of positive spin doctoriness. At least they've said something though.

Top Flight
Hob Nob Regular

by Top Flight » 09 May 2016 12:19

Their statement sounds similar to Madejski statements of the past.

"We want to be in the Premier League, but we will do it without spending a ton of cash. Academy, youth, cheap signings etc."

This approach can work, but it takes time, patience and a lot of long-term building. If the Thais can bring financial stability and a patient and calm influence without judging managers after just 3 months then that would be fine with me. Madejski could no longer even provide financial stability.

We don't need to have an owner that will go crazy and splash the cash. Just give us stability and give us enough power that we can hold onto our better players so that we can build a team. If we can't even hold onto our best players then it will be difficult to build.

They've told us their intentions are good, but we wouldn't expect to be told anything else. Let's hope they honour that by providing stability. That's all we really need and Brian can get to work.

Zammo
Hob Nob Addict

by Zammo » 09 May 2016 12:28

I am quite pleased with this statement, tbf. Thai's IN!....for now.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 09 May 2016 12:33

Silver Fox I now look forward to people reading between the lines and making up stuff they think they see

I'll try my best:

This

For a variety of reasons, this squad of talented individuals have not fulfilled their potential as a team nor found the consistency that this division clearly demands this season.

+

No mention of Brian

+

This tweet

Anthony Smith ‏@Smudgersport 11m11 minutes ago
Hearing Brian McDermott will meet #readingfc Thai owners this week to discuss future. Let's hope they back him in the transfer market.

:?

Dr_Hfuhruhurr
Hob Nob Addict

by Dr_Hfuhruhurr » 09 May 2016 12:36

I'm all a bit apathetic to be honest. Its quite clearly been written by a PR company. There's no substance to it at all.

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 09 May 2016 12:41

Sasima writes better English on the club website than she does under her Dave-Royal/Top Flight alter ego on here.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 09 May 2016 12:43

sandman Sasima writes better English on the club website than she does under her Dave-Royal/Top Flight alter ego on here.

I'd wager it was probably written by the PR department, sent to the three of them and they said "yeah that's alright".

Rollerbob

by Rollerbob » 09 May 2016 12:43

Silver Fox They've said the right things there, although I'd have liked Brian to get a shout by name as the man to take us forward.

Brian underachieved. Massively.

So if he was to get a mention, it would be in that section - naming him specifically would have been pretty savage, especially as he's still boss.

I guess they could have mentioned him in the "next season" bit - maybe they are waiting to see what Brian thinks when they have their "conversation". I certainly wouldn't be gutted if he was to lose his job. We don't really know what the owners think of Brian...

EcScotty

by EcScotty » 09 May 2016 12:45

It seems as though they are stating what everyone knows, having so many loan players was a bad idea, we should promote from with etc. etc. Hopefully they just let Brian work his magic

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 09 May 2016 12:48

Well at least they've said something now !

And as expected the summer will be one of no money as we tried that last summer and look what happened (although the amount spent was largely offset by those sold during the season). Someone needs to tell them it's having an intelligent manager that knows precisely what is needed for the overall blend of players on and off the pitch that needs to be supported.

So, next season, expect a side with a load of youth, the bit of experiences remaining from this season and perhaps couple of useful acquisitions from other clubs e.g. Gudmundsson, Bradshaw, Dack

That will be about as good as it gets. At least all the loans have gone and the useless Kanu, Ferdinand and Cox won't be troubling our payroll system next season.

Expectation really is for a mid-table finish...

Maneki Neko
Hob Nob Legend

by Maneki Neko » 09 May 2016 12:51

Gudmondsson, Dack and Bradley plus what we have plus kids would do me tbf

One8Seven1*

by One8Seven1* » 09 May 2016 12:53

No mention of McDonut gives me hope he wont be here much longer.
Build from within is a warning to those of you hoping for lots of new signings.
The Thai's wont be long after they sell their properties.

122 posts