Reading FC sell Seid Behram to Lille - just five months after signing the 'Bosnian Messi'

10 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
Forbury Lion
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

Reading FC sell Seid Behram to Lille - just five months after signing the 'Bosnian Messi'

by Forbury Lion » 25 May 2016 17:47

http://www.getreading.co.uk/sport/footb ... m-11382918

getreading.co.uk Reading FC sell Seid Behram to Lille - just five months after signing the 'Bosnian Messi'
11:40, 25 MAY 2016 UPDATED 11:40, 25 MAY 2016
BY CHARLES WATTS

The 17-year-old only arrived at Madejski Stadium in January from FC Zeljeznicar

Reading have sold teenager Seid Behram, just five months after he joined the club.

The 17-year-old - dubbed the Bosnian Messi - only arrived at Madejski Stadium in January from FC Zeljeznicar, with Royals handing the winger a three-year contract following a successful trial period at the club.

At the time Behram said: "This is a great day for my family and me, since I officially became a player for Reading FC.

"Thanks to everyone who stood by me and supported me in everything. Great days are ahead of me."

Shortly after his arrival, Behram was sent out on loan to Lille as he did not hold an EU passport, but he has now completed a permanent switch to the French club after impressing the coaching staff. He has signed a two-year deal.

It has been reported across the channel that Reading decided to part company with the talented attacker because of problems with his paperwork.

Behram, who can also play up front, has represented his country at under-15 and under-17 level.

It is unclear whether Royals have received any transfer fee for the attacker.

I guess Nicky Hammond's mind was on other things when he sorted out all the paperwork on this one.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

Re: Reading FC sell Seid Behram to Lille - just five months after signing the 'Bosnian Messi'

by AthleticoSpizz » 25 May 2016 17:53

Yeah spotted this, this morning.

On loan to a decent team, decent team values his assets, decent team sign him permanently........nice bit of "flipping" Reading........cannot help thinking that it's our loss tho'

genome
Hob Nob Legend

Re: Reading FC sell Seid Behram to Lille - just five months after signing the 'Bosnian Messi'

by genome » 25 May 2016 17:54

Hopefully we've inserted a nice sell-on clause.

SpaghettiHoop

by SpaghettiHoop » 25 May 2016 23:05

If he can't play for us because he doesn't have an EU passport, how does he qualify to play for Lille?

tmesis
Hob Nob Regular

by tmesis » 25 May 2016 23:44

SpaghettiHoop If he can't play for us because he doesn't have an EU passport, how does he qualify to play for Lille?

Other countries don't have the same work permit rules with regards to non-EU players. Nearly all just have a non-EU quota.

Forbury Lion
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Forbury Lion » 26 May 2016 09:19

How long does he have to be in the EU to get an EU passport? - Maybe we could have loaned him to Lille for a few years?

RustyRoyal

by RustyRoyal » 26 May 2016 10:32

Forbury Lion How long does he have to be in the EU to get an EU passport? - Maybe we could have loaned him to Lille for a few years?

I think it's five years in France. Would have to have been a long loan.

taipairoyal

by taipairoyal » 26 May 2016 20:09

Good Riddance then.

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 26 May 2016 23:19

Where's the ambition...etc etc

tmesis
Hob Nob Regular

by tmesis » 28 May 2016 10:24

You have to question the reasoning behind signing players we'll never be able to play. We did it a while back with a couple of Koreans as well.

10 posts   •   Page 1 of 1