McDermott Sacked (AGAIN)

565 posts
3points
Hob Nob Regular

Re: McDermott Sacked (AGAIN)

by 3points » 27 May 2016 14:31

A usually reliable source said to me about three weeks ago that Brian's future was being seriously considered by the owners. Having been persuaded by Howe to appoint him, they were seemingly less than convinced by his performance to date and, apparently, didn't want to entrust Brian with the summer's transfer kitty.

I was actually quite looking forward to Brian signing a number of journeyman Championship players on free transfers and some lower league punts, together with development of youth. While I didn't think it would get us promoted, I thought it would be an interesting journey to watch. Now I have a feeling of despair, really hoping we don't bring in a foreign manager with no Championship experience as i feel that has more chance of failure than success.

Lower West
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Lower West » 27 May 2016 14:31

Archer So lets guess how many new signings this summer.

I'm gonna go plus 10. All mysteriously linked to one or two agents.

Be a load of loan signings again............

Top Flight
Hob Nob Regular

by Top Flight » 27 May 2016 14:35

3points A usually reliable source said to me about three weeks ago that Brian's future was being seriously considered by the owners. Having been persuaded by Howe to appoint him, they were seemingly less than convinced by his performance to date and, apparently, didn't want to entrust Brian with the summer's transfer kitty.

I was actually quite looking forward to Brian signing a number of journeyman Championship players on free transfers and some lower league punts, together with development of youth. While I didn't think it would get us promoted, I thought it would be an interesting journey to watch. Now I have a feeling of despair, really hoping we don't bring in a foreign manager with no Championship experience as i feel that has more chance of failure than success.

If your source is right, it just clearly proves the lack of experience and incompetence of this Thai regime. To pin the blame on Brian for the poor performances of the past few weeks and not understand all the reasons and issues that lead to that state of affairs shows that they really don't know what they are doing.

Lower West
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Lower West » 27 May 2016 14:35

3points A usually reliable source said to me about three weeks ago that Brian's future was being seriously considered by the owners.

Who knows what the owners think. They aren't even in the country . Don't even come to watch the games. On what basis can they judge and appraise people. One only has to look elsewhere to see the ruin it is bringing to the game we all love. Villa, Blackburn, Charlton.......

maffff
Hob Nob Addict

by maffff » 27 May 2016 14:38

Lower West
Armadillo Roadkill We will see a new manager in weeks if not days. They will be given significant (if not huge) amounts of money to build a team for the new season.

There is no new money. Money for new players will come from sales. The club statement a few weeks back referred to promotion from within, i.e. academy players. The budget is a shoestring for next season. May also now explain Hammonds departure better.

Here's hoping we start poaching a few of Ajax's youth and other decent prospects across the world to grow as our own then..

Top Flight
Hob Nob Regular

by Top Flight » 27 May 2016 14:39

Top Flight
3points A usually reliable source said to me about three weeks ago that Brian's future was being seriously considered by the owners. Having been persuaded by Howe to appoint him, they were seemingly less than convinced by his performance to date and, apparently, didn't want to entrust Brian with the summer's transfer kitty.

If your source is right, it just clearly proves the lack of experience and incompetence of this Thai regime. To pin the blame on Brian for the poor performances of the past few weeks and not understand all the reasons and issues that lead to that state of affairs shows that they really don't know what they are doing.

Considering as well, that none of them are even in the country, of course they won't be able to gauge what is really going on. The Championship is a ruthless, unrelenting division. It doesn't forgive, it doesn't respect, it just crushes you, until you're gone, until you're down.

If they appoint people that don't know this league and players that don't know what it takes, we are going to slide very quickly into the third tier.

Top Flight
Hob Nob Regular

by Top Flight » 27 May 2016 14:39

Top Flight

Considering as well, that none of them are even in the country, of course they won't be able to gauge what is really going on. The Championship is a ruthless, unrelenting division. It doesn't forgive, it doesn't respect, it just crushes you, until you're gone, until you're down.

If they appoint people that don't know this league and players that don't know what it takes, we are going to slide very quickly into the third tier.

winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: How many Spaniards does it take to change a bulb? Just Juan.

by winchester_royal » 27 May 2016 14:39

Horrible end to a horrible season.

I've very little interest in this football club anymore.

Archer

by Archer » 27 May 2016 14:40

Lower West
Archer So lets guess how many new signings this summer.

I'm gonna go plus 10. All mysteriously linked to one or two agents.

Be a load of loan signings again............

Yep. You can get some nice agent fees from loans. One league table we will defiantly be flying up next season.

How's that new training ground coming btw? Could build some expensive houses on that......

Top Flight
Hob Nob Regular

by Top Flight » 27 May 2016 14:41

Lower West
3points A usually reliable source said to me about three weeks ago that Brian's future was being seriously considered by the owners.

Who knows what the owners think. They aren't even in the country . Don't even come to watch the games. On what basis can they judge and appraise people. One only has to look elsewhere to see the ruin it is bringing to the game we all love. Villa, Blackburn, Charlton.......

I think I just made the same point that you made.

Lower West
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Lower West » 27 May 2016 14:47

Archer
How's that new training ground coming btw? Could build some expensive houses on that......

All work has been stopped on the facilities. Not a good sign. Makes one wonder if the club is up for sale.

Extended-Phenotype
Hob Nob Addict

by Extended-Phenotype » 27 May 2016 14:47

Maguire Is there a single thing to be positive about, really?

RFC deserve all the mocking that's coming their way.

Agreed.

One can only hope that at the cost of feeling like we support a honourable, rational club this is just a sign of some owners with a huge transfer kitty for rebuilding t team, not being convinced that Brian would be the one to trust it with, and looking to sign significant managerial talent to take the club forward in a new dawn.

Sadly I think it's a sign of clueless owners not watching any games or appreciating the difficulties Brian faced, failing that give me him the benefit of the doubt or backing him when the chance of a clean slate arrived just a few months after he picked up the reigns of another man's dying, horse.

Ark Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Ark Royal » 27 May 2016 14:48

Sadly inevitable. If was never, ever going to work again for Brian.

Looks like Stammertime.

RoyallyFcuked
Hob Nob Regular

by RoyallyFcuked » 27 May 2016 14:50

winchester_royal Horrible end to a horrible season.

I've very little interest in this football club anymore.

I've lost interest since Brian returned tbh, but the interest has rekindled somewhat over the past couple of weeks due to the season being over.

Can't say I'm not interested in what happens next, I just hope it's positive.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 27 May 2016 14:52

....on paper, Stam has no relevant credentials

blythspartan
Hob Nob Regular

by blythspartan » 27 May 2016 14:56

Top Flight
Top Flight

Do you mean just like Watford did?

None of us know how this will affect the club going forward. It could be a whole lot better, a whole lot worse or just stay the same.

All I know is, if there is a club to support I'll be supporting it in whatever league it happens to be in.

And until I can stump up the cash to buy it I'll have to trust that the owners know what they are doing.

Archer

by Archer » 27 May 2016 14:56

Lower West
Archer

All work has been stopped on the facilities. Not a good sign. Makes one wonder if the club is up for sale.

I don't think ALL the clubs up for sale. Too much money to be made.

Can't make money from the actual football cub though.

The big difference between us and Watford is the owners there have a history of working in football.

RoyallyFcuked
Hob Nob Regular

by RoyallyFcuked » 27 May 2016 14:58

AthleticoSpizz ....on paper, Stam has no relevant credentials

You could say that about most first time managers though, sometimes you have to give people a chance.

Every manager, good or bad, has to be given a chance to start somewhere.
Last edited by RoyallyFcuked on 27 May 2016 14:59, edited 1 time in total.

Winston Smith
Hob Nob Addict

by Winston Smith » 27 May 2016 14:59

AthleticoSpizz ....on paper, Stam has no relevant credentials

Being a name is all that matters in this day and age

RG7Fan

by RG7Fan » 27 May 2016 14:59

Extended-Phenotype
Maguire Is there a single thing to be positive about, really?

RFC deserve all the mocking that's coming their way.

Agreed.

One can only hope that at the cost of feeling like we support a honourable, rational club this is just a sign of some owners with a huge transfer kitty for rebuilding t team, not being convinced that Brian would be the one to trust it with, and looking to sign significant managerial talent to take the club forward in a new dawn.

Sadly I think it's a sign of clueless owners not watching any games or appreciating the difficulties Brian faced, failing that give me him the benefit of the doubt or backing him when the chance of a clean slate arrived just a few months after he picked up the reigns of another man's dying, horse.

Which difficulties would they be?

The sort that make you play a diamond formation week in week out that clearly didn't work?
or the ones that make you recall a player from loan only to leave him on the bench while you sub on a player who is leaving?
or maybe the ones that mean not using youth players that could be available?
or possibly not recalling a young forward who is having a cracking season, but instead relying on other forwards who couldn't score in a drug den?

565 posts