McDermott Sacked (AGAIN)

565 posts
AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

Re: McDermott Sacked (AGAIN)

by AthleticoSpizz » 27 May 2016 17:47

Lower West
RoyallyFcuked It seems whatever money there is available, they don't trust him to spend it. Whoever comes in needed to be given the summer.

There is no money for big signings. That's a certainty.
Jaap Stam....can he still play a bit?

Tamworth_Royal
Location: She's got a tongue like an electric eel and she likes the taste of a man's tonsils.

by Tamworth_Royal » 27 May 2016 18:09

Madejski failure appointment made by someone who knows nothing football for owners who know nothing about football.
How's the Thai's building project coming on ?

Lower West
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Lower West » 27 May 2016 18:30

RoyallyFcuked
Crux
RoyallyFcuked Maybe the club should have appointed him on an interim basis or given him a contract to the end of the season instead, because clearly unless he worked miracles they had no intention of retaining him.

It seems whatever money there is available, they don't trust him to spend it. Whoever comes in needed to be given the summer.

There is no Money - Kitson has confirmed

I know we won't spend much, the point still stands tho.

Clarke was given plenty of money and that has all gone down the drain. That was a wake call for the owners.......

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 27 May 2016 18:33

RoyallyFcuked
leon And the clown hasn't even been to any games.

I don't have an ST anymore no, mostly only go to away games now. Did a handful under Clarke towards the start of the season, since Brian returned I've only been to two as I've become too disillusioned to keep attending and frankly lost a lot of interest over the season, as I said already.

How many you been to this season you cretin? Been enjoying it have you? Tell me more about how much we've improved.

Enough to know we've got systemic issues at the club, that giving the bloke 6 months to fix them isn't enough and crowing about the sacking of someone who's had a track record of success with us is out of order.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 27 May 2016 18:43

You know what Leon?

Thanks to our current incumbant tyrants, I am actually looking forward to playing the likes of Colchester, Bury and Shrewsbury in the years to come.

Disgraceful and ignorant decision announced today.

At least we will get to enjoy that "build-up- feeling of success" thing that so many of the young voices on here have never experienced....let's do it again from division 4

Jagermesiter1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Jagermesiter1871 » 27 May 2016 18:48

Crux
RoyallyFcuked Maybe the club should have appointed him on an interim basis or given him a contract to the end of the season instead, because clearly unless he worked miracles they had no intention of retaining him.

It seems whatever money there is available, they don't trust him to spend it. Whoever comes in needed to be given the summer.

Sorry Kitson has confirmed? I wasn't aware he was on the clubs accounting department or even privy to any knowledge of spending. Why would he be?

Lower West
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Lower West » 27 May 2016 19:04

Jagermesiter1871
Crux

Sorry Kitson has confirmed? I wasn't aware he was on the clubs accounting department or even privy to any knowledge of spending. Why would he be?

The club statement a few weeks back said as much. Home developed is the plan.

Given the general patience of many supporters for instant results. Likely that they are going to be severely disappointed. In a league as competitive as this.

Elm Park Old Boy

by Elm Park Old Boy » 27 May 2016 19:10

I too have joined the Ian Royal bandwagon (though wasn't aware of a bandwagon when I sent this).
"Dear Reading FC,
I thought for a long time about renewing my season ticket, and that of my son, before finally doing so yesterday. I have supported Reading FC for over forty years, but like many supporters, I have been disappointed with the style, direction and results of the team in the last few seasons.

What finally tipped the balance, and made me decide to renew, was the thought that whatever else was changing, at least in Brian McDermott we had someone in charge of the team with a genuine feeling for the town and the Club itself. I was confident, that given time and backing, he would build a team worth watching again.

So I was dismayed to hear that he had been sacked today, after such a short time in charge, and without having a chance to do the job he was appointed to do.

More than that, I feel angry that this should be done so close to the deadline for renewing season tickets. I feel I have been sold a false prospectus. I would not have renewed if I had known this was about to happen.

Accordingly, I would be grateful if you would kindly refund my money. Obviously, I wish the Club the best, but I cannot help but feel it has lost its way."

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 27 May 2016 19:15

Elm Park Old Boy I too have joined the Ian Royal bandwagon (though wasn't aware of a bandwagon when I sent this).
"Dear Reading FC,
I thought for a long time about renewing my season ticket, and that of my son, before finally doing so yesterday. I have supported Reading FC for over forty years, but like many supporters, I have been disappointed with the style, direction and results of the team in the last few seasons.

What finally tipped the balance, and made me decide to renew, was the thought that whatever else was changing, at least in Brian McDermott we had someone in charge of the team with a genuine feeling for the town and the Club itself. I was confident, that given time and backing, he would build a team worth watching again.

So I was dismayed to hear that he had been sacked today, after such a short time in charge, and without having a chance to do the job he was appointed to do.

More than that, I feel angry that this should be done so close to the deadline for renewing season tickets. I feel I have been sold a false prospectus. I would not have renewed if I had known this was about to happen.

Accordingly, I would be grateful if you would kindly refund my money. Obviously, I wish the Club the best, but I cannot help but feel it has lost its way."

Glad I won't be the only one looking stupid if we have a good season.

Good man.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 27 May 2016 19:16

Succinct and to the point EPOB.....I don't have a ST anymore, but if I had...I would've copied and pasted your post to the "business that once was our club"

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 27 May 2016 19:29

Failing that

Stay away or just bare your arse at the "Royals box" next tome the thais bother to turn up

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 27 May 2016 19:33

Crux

Where has he said this?

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 27 May 2016 19:38

Lacoste
AthleticoSpizz Failing that

Stay away or just bare your arse at the "Royals box" next tome the thais bother to turn up

I'll pop a ping pong ball out of my arse straight into her face with get out of my club written on it.
hopefully she'll catch it in her mouth...seen that before...but not with her..obviously

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 27 May 2016 19:38

Maneki Neko LOL

tweeted the discgracefully snide adie Williams to disagree with him on brian
his reply was to ask if id have got the team to finish above 17th place.

yeah adie, probably not eh, since im a drug addled scientist, not a football manager.
:| :| :| :| :| :| :| :| :| :| :|

(oxf*rd brain dead, thick as pig shit cnut(thanks for your exemplary playing career here though, obvs :lol: )

Don't forget woman beater.

royalp-we
Hob Nob Regular

by royalp-we » 27 May 2016 19:39

sorry but am I missing something? What exactly are you going to achieve by asking the club for a refund?

Surely your love for the football club runs deeper than Brian McDermott unsuccessful tenure

I too believe Brian has been treated harshly, as I expressed previously he should have at least got till Xmas; but I'll still be turning up to watch the team play whoever gets appointed.

Modern day ownership sees that owners can run the club as they see fit.

Something drastic did need to change - do we know that Brian did not lose the dressing room - have any CURRENT players actually passed comment over his departure?

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 27 May 2016 19:43

Lacoste
sandman
Crux

Where has he said this?

Look back a few pages. He tweeted saying Hammond left because we were relying on freebies this summer or something.

Cheers.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 27 May 2016 19:50

My love for the football club runs deep enough to know that I am p1ssed off enough with the turn-around of recent managers

Most have been rooked by the hierarchy....and more recently by the clueless Thai tyrant/speculator/developers

I came into this club when we played games on grassless pitches with Division 4 quality players......I have loved the moments of success since.....I look forward to rejoining the club to do it all again from scratch in the years to come.

royalp-we
Hob Nob Regular

by royalp-we » 27 May 2016 20:06

Lacoste
royalp-we sorry but am I missing something? What exactly are you going to achieve by asking the club for a refund?

Surely your love for the football club runs deeper than Brian McDermott unsuccessful tenure

I too believe Brian has been treated harshly, as I expressed previously he should have at least got till Xmas; but I'll still be turning up to watch the team play whoever gets appointed.

Modern day ownership sees that owners can run the club as they see fit.

Something drastic did need to change - do we know that Brian did not lose the dressing room - have any CURRENT players actually passed comment over his departure?

It's a way of voicing displeasure and hopefully next time they'll listen to the fans before being cnuts.

But are they being cnuts if the players were not responding to Brians coaching and the owners didn't see him as the man to take us forward in their new company tree?

Honestly Lacoste I've got no beef, I just see people asking for refunds as a pointless task. It won't make them suddenly likeable. It won't change the fact a new management team is going to be appointed. It will simply mean a few hundred less bums on seats next year?

bobby m's syrup

by bobby m's syrup » 27 May 2016 20:26

Good news. Now to move forward. Courageous and sensible decision.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 27 May 2016 20:28

Sooooo who next bobbym for the short tenure?

565 posts