McDermott Sacked (AGAIN)

565 posts
AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

Re: McDermott Sacked (AGAIN)

by AthleticoSpizz » 30 May 2016 20:47

:lol:

Got a fortnight in Portugal coming up.......got to eat humble pie and retract all of my Sa love that I was spreading there last year

'kin football

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 30 May 2016 22:02

Victor Meldrew
leon
Victor Meldrew
So why are so many on here (you and Athletico amongst them) treating the current position as an apocolypse.
It's just another manager moving on with millions in his back pocket.

Different circumstances entirely. We wanted to keep Brian not get rid of him.

Besides, you won't be saying that when Klop fcuks you over and moves to a big club.

That sounds a little bit bitchy. :wink:
The German will move on one day but Liverpool is bigger than just one employee just as Reading is.
BTW a lot of people did not want Brian to be kept on any longer.

It was meant to be.
:wink:

And tbf to me I haven't predicted apocalypse - just really fcuked off that we've got rid of McDermott who I think was exactly what we needed to steer the club through the difficult waters we're heading into.

LWJ
Hob Nob Addict
Location: Hobnob Prediction League Champion 2011/2012, 2020/2021

by LWJ » 31 May 2016 09:20

RG7Fan
LWJ
RG7Fan
Which match was so successful with the diamond then?

Forest and Bolton to name two within the last few weeks of the season..

Suppose you weren't there though?

You mean the Bolton game (against the worst team in the division) where they were down to 10 men after 22 mins and it took us until the 90th+ to score? Yeah - real quality performance that one .... and no I wasn't there as it was away, but if you're calling that out as a success you have set the bar very low ...

Forest - I was on hols and was watching the web updates and it did sound Reading were good, but we still lost. Maybe it worked maybe it didn't - I would say it didn't given we lost.

Bolton we did everything but score and on any other day it would have been a cricket score.. if you judge football on results from a far you are in no position to say whether it works or not.

Forest we also won HTH

RoyalinBracknell

by RoyalinBracknell » 31 May 2016 10:18

Handbags Harris, a regular poster on here, has tweeted that Avram Grant will become new Director of Football - https://twitter.com/Handbags82/with_replies

God help us all.

BR2
Hob Nob Regular

by BR2 » 31 May 2016 10:32

AthleticoSpizz :lol:

Got a fortnight in Portugal coming up.......got to eat humble pie and retract all of my Sa love that I was spreading there last year

'kin football

We're off there on June 15th.
8 years ago we were there when the Euros were on and there were plenty of big screens around but that may have been because the championships were taking place in Portugal.

Uke
Hob Nob Legend

by Uke » 31 May 2016 11:00

RoyalinBracknell Handbags Harris, a regular poster on here, has tweeted that Avram Grant will become new Director of Football - https://twitter.com/Handbags82/with_replies

God help us all.

That means Tevreden will become the manager?

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 31 May 2016 11:07

RoyalinBracknell Handbags Harris, a regular poster on here, has tweeted that Avram Grant will become new Director of Football - https://twitter.com/Handbags82/with_replies

God help us all.

I'll play Devil's Advocate, why would he be a disaster?

Premier League, Champions League, League Cup and FA Cup runner up, 10 titles and cups in Israel

Don't think Reading would be able to attract anyone else with such experience

Snowball
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowball » 31 May 2016 11:37

genome

God help us all.

Premier League, Champions League, League Cup and FA Cup runner up, 10 titles and cups in Israel

Agreed, but, presuming we have no money, can he steer a club that has to scratch around
for cheap buys and frees?

Not sure what a DoF does, but doesn't it make sense, while broke, to let a manager coach, manage, pick players?

bluerinse

by bluerinse » 31 May 2016 12:15

The same Avram Grant was manager of Portsmouth when they got relegated from the Premier League in 2009/10

RG7Fan

by RG7Fan » 31 May 2016 12:18

LWJ
RG7Fan
LWJ Forest and Bolton to name two within the last few weeks of the season..

Suppose you weren't there though?

You mean the Bolton game (against the worst team in the division) where they were down to 10 men after 22 mins and it took us until the 90th+ to score? Yeah - real quality performance that one .... and no I wasn't there as it was away, but if you're calling that out as a success you have set the bar very low ...

Forest - I was on hols and was watching the web updates and it did sound Reading were good, but we still lost. Maybe it worked maybe it didn't - I would say it didn't given we lost.

Bolton we did everything but score and on any other day it would have been a cricket score.. if you judge football on results from a far you are in no position to say whether it works or not.

Forest we also won HTH

My mistake - we did win that one, sorry I was going from memory.

George_

by George_ » 31 May 2016 12:21

bluerinse The same Avram Grant was manager of Portsmouth when they got relegated from the Premier League in 2009/10

West Ham also.

One8Seven1*

by One8Seven1* » 31 May 2016 12:40

Re: Avram Grant

Snowball
genome I'll play Devil's Advocate, why would he be a disaster?

Agreed, but, presuming we have no money, can he steer a club that has to scratch around
for cheap buys and frees?

Not sure what a DoF does, but doesn't it make sense, while broke, to let a manager coach, manage, pick players?

Perhaps more importantly, what will his role entail, as it's no secret the Thai's can't help but interfere with bringing players to the club.

Maneki Neko
Hob Nob Legend

by Maneki Neko » 31 May 2016 12:52

genome

God help us all.

Apart from his slug like appearance. And lack of charisma I find myself agreeing

Top Flight
Hob Nob Regular

by Top Flight » 31 May 2016 13:40

I'm beginning to come to terms now with the awful sacking of Brian McDermott. A man that I believe was the right man to lead Reading FC through a very difficult period of transition. I would rather trust the leadership of the side through this transitionary period to someone who knows this league inside out, who knows what it takes to succeed in this league and who has a track record that backs him up. Brian was that man.

In any case he is now gone. The Thais have put themselves under huge pressure now with the Reading supporter base. As supporters, I and many others had accepted that their would be no money to spend this summer. In those circumstances, Brian is a good fit for Reading FC because he has proven that he can unearth talented players without spending huge sums of money and he can mould them into a good team that wins matches at this level.

The Thais are under big pressure now. They have brought this pressure onto themselves. If Brian was in charge and we struggled next season, the pressure would have been on Brian, not the Thais. Even if Brian wasn't backed in the transfer market, it would have been Brian that would have taken the heat.

Now, it will be the Thais. If our new manager delivers a poor season and worse still, if we get relegated, the revolt against the Thais will begin and it could become a very hostile place for them. The Thais have put themselves in the situation now, where they cannot afford to get this appointment wrong. They have to solve the problems at the club.

They seem to be making the same mistakes that the Americans and British made when we went in to Iraq for their oil, I mean to give them peace and democracy and rid them of that awful tyrant who used to be our best friend, Saddam. We got rid of everyone in the baathist regime and the country has descended into sectarian violence and has been taken over by ISIL and Iran. Baath party leadership could have kept the Iraqi country united and together instead of all the bloodshed that we have witnessed.

The Thais getting rid of the old regime at Reading in Hammond, Madejski, Brian, all the back room staff and coaches that Clarke cleared out, soon Howe, Wood-Smith etc. They have cleared out our old Baath regime and they are leading the club to chaos and disorganistion. No one feels any togetherness. No one is pulling in one direction. Their is no spirit, no ethos. They are losing the fanbase, they are losing our support. The players just want out. They do this at a time when we are already a poor side and just one more step backwards towards relegation.

I can't help but feel hugely pessimistic about what's in store for this great football club that I love that is Reading FC. Our fans won't walk away from Reading FC. We support the club, not the owners. The Reading FC fans won't just stand by and quietly watch our great club be destroyed. There will be resistance in the shape of ping pong balls and inflatables and there will be alot of noise on social media. We will resist. Come on you ROYALS!

Uke
Hob Nob Legend

by Uke » 31 May 2016 13:52

genome

God help us all.

Because he couldn't even score in a brothel?
http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/av ... use-199681

Who knows though? There could be a Thai-style happy ending to all this.

Top Flight
Hob Nob Regular

by Top Flight » 31 May 2016 13:53

Below is a message from the Wealdstone FC Chief Executive to their supporters. They are a club with no money and they have faced plenty of adversity with ground problems. But at least they are run by people who care, there is togetherness, everyone is pulling in the same direction. A great little family club that gives a sh*t. Reading FC was a much larger version of this not so long ago.

A Message from Mark Winkworth, Chief Executive
By Webmaster ⋅ News ⋅ May 27, 2016 ⋅
I hope you are all enjoying the close season and a well-deserved rest from travelling the breadth of the country to follow the Stones.

I am writing to give you a progress report on pre-season planning and to give you a flavour of the things we are planning to achieve over the coming few weeks and months.

Playing Budget & First Team Squad
You will have seen from recent announcements that we are busy building the squad for the next campaign. We have set a playing budget which represents an increase of about 10% over last year. Whilst quite modest, it does give us a little more flexibility when it comes to attracting the right calibre of player to boost our squad. We are delighted with the signings of Elliot Benyon and Danny Green and both players will add cutting edge and panache to the side.
Gordon is working tremendously hard to recruit the right type of players to the club. Players talk to each other, as we know, and it is fair to say that a number of good quality individuals have been in touch with Gordon, having heard that we are on the verge of something very positive as we head towards the next campaign.

More player news will follow in the coming days and weeks.

New Chairman and Board News
We will shortly be making a formal announcement about our new Chairman. When we do, I think you will see this as a positive statement of Wealdstone Football Club’s ambition and intent. The board is reviewing its composition to ensure that we are fit for purpose, operating effectively, and able to respond to both current challenges and future opportunities. I will report further in due course.

This is a time for positivity and looking ahead to a bright future. It is a time for togetherness and for all of us to pull together and see what can be achieved. Will we make mistakes? Yes. Will the Club make decisions that not everyone agrees with? Undoubtedly. But everyone needs to be aware that the club’s board and staff are working extremely hard, usually behind the scenes, to make this club more successful and more professional in its outlook. Now will be the time for everyone associated with the club to ask themselves “how much do I want to be part of this; what contribution do I want to make to the future of my club?”

Other Activities
Board Directors, Staff and Supporters are working on numerous projects at the club – to ensure our readiness for the next campaign, to widen our appeal within the local community, to attract new commercial partners, and to improve our facilities and matchday experience.

The Club’s changing rooms are currently undergoing a major refurbishment – all thanks to the amazing generosity and expertise of our Club Sponsors GPF Lewis plc

The Summer Groundworks crew is already hard at work at the Vale – a huge thank you to all involved

The Commercial Team is busy renewing existing advertising contracts and meeting new potential club partners

The Marketing Team is finalising plans for the club’s full participation at this summer’s Ruislip Manor Fun Day on Saturday 2nd July 2016 – with some great attractions and offers

Ruislip Social Club will be announcing some great promotions around its live coverage of Euro 2016

The Operations team will shortly be announcing our new catering partners for the coming season – providing matchday, hospitality and event food service at the Vale.

More details and information will follow shortly.

Enjoy the summer!

Denver Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Denver Royal » 31 May 2016 14:14

Ian Royal Tell them they can shove Murdoch's shriveled penis up their dirty arses, I want nothing to do with their evil corporate football ruining scumbag corporation.

If the new manager comes in, and we make a promotion push, or even if he just does better than Brian, will you be hopping back on board?

Top Flight
Hob Nob Regular

by Top Flight » 31 May 2016 15:59

Denver, Ian Royal is making a stand because he's furious at the way the club is being run at the moment. I feel exactly the same way. Don't suddenly get on his back and say that he has suddenly stopped supporting the club. We have to show our dissatisfaction in whatever ways that we can.

The current situation at the club is alarming. Sandman has laid out plenty of evidence and quotes from different people that show there are problems at the top of the football club. The club is not being run in a patient and wise manner within it's means. Either the Thais are going to take huge short-term financial risks with our football club in order to make a quick push for promotion and leave us in debt unable to secure decent players in future seasons and slide down the league in Portsmouth style or they're going to play it safe financially and make mistake after mistake recruiting all the wrong people and take us down the divisions Plymouth style.

These are not football people. They don't understand English football. They don't understand how tough the Championship is. They seem to be in it for the wrong reasons.

They have axed a good football person who has Reading in his blood and knows how to navigate the Championship on a budget. They want to replace him with what? Someone from a completely different football culture? Are we signing players now from Poland and the Dutch 2nd tier. It's going to be pure luck whether these players can cope in such a tough league as the Championship.

Let's be honest Denniss the menace looks like he's struggling with the strength and physicality of the league. He is like a mosquito to Championship defenders. He's a bit of a nuisance but he's easy to swat away. We need Bulldogs if we're going to get out of this league. Not flies.

Relegation for Reading FC looks highly likely right at this moment in time. We need to hear something from the Thai regime. They need to communicate with the fans and explain their strategy because they are losing support right through the football club at the moment particularly on the terraces.

Haag Royal

by Haag Royal » 31 May 2016 16:40

Top Flight Denver, Ian Royal is making a stand because he's furious at the way the club is being run at the moment. I feel exactly the same way. Don't suddenly get on his back and say that he has suddenly stopped supporting the club. We have to show our dissatisfaction in whatever ways that we can.

The current situation at the club is alarming. Sandman has laid out plenty of evidence and quotes from different people that show there are problems at the top of the football club. The club is not being run in a patient and wise manner within it's means. Either the Thais are going to take huge short-term financial risks with our football club in order to make a quick push for promotion and leave us in debt unable to secure decent players in future seasons and slide down the league in Portsmouth style or they're going to play it safe financially and make mistake after mistake recruiting all the wrong people and take us down the divisions Plymouth style.

These are not football people. They don't understand English football. They don't understand how tough the Championship is. They seem to be in it for the wrong reasons.

They have axed a good football person who has Reading in his blood and knows how to navigate the Championship on a budget. They want to replace him with what? Someone from a completely different football culture? Are we signing players now from Poland and the Dutch 2nd tier. It's going to be pure luck whether these players can cope in such a tough league as the Championship.

Let's be honest Denniss the menace looks like he's struggling with the strength and physicality of the league. He is like a mosquito to Championship defenders. He's a bit of a nuisance but he's easy to swat away. We need Bulldogs if we're going to get out of this league. Not flies.

Relegation for Reading FC looks highly likely right at this moment in time. We need to hear something from the Thai regime. They need to communicate with the fans and explain their strategy because they are losing support right through the football club at the moment particularly on the terraces.

Its difficult to know where to start to comment on this post as it is littered with inaccuracies and false assumptions. People really should try and calm down.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 31 May 2016 16:53

Looks like royalp-we has had this behemoth of a thread stolen from him, and now tulip is the OP instead.

Feel for him.

565 posts