McDermott Sacked (AGAIN)

565 posts
RG7Fan

Re: McDermott Sacked (AGAIN)

by RG7Fan » 02 Jun 2016 16:41

John Smith Steve Clarke to Villa as Di Matteo's assistant!! What a crazy world we live in!!

Villa Park should be a good one next season. Unbelievable Geoffrey!

Could be a good away trip that

Longhorn1970
Hob Nob Regular

by Longhorn1970 » 02 Jun 2016 22:37

John Smith Steve Clarke to Villa as Di Matteo's assistant!! What a crazy world we live in!!

Out the frying pan and into the fire ... Tough job for them

Lower West
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Lower West » 02 Jun 2016 22:42

Longhorn1970

Out the frying pan and into the fire ... Tough job for them

At least a decent pairing!

Elm Park Old Boy

by Elm Park Old Boy » 04 Jul 2016 16:03

Ian Royal
Elm Park Old Boy I too have joined the Ian Royal bandwagon (though wasn't aware of a bandwagon when I sent this).
"Dear Reading FC,
I thought for a long time about renewing my season ticket, and that of my son, before finally doing so yesterday. I have supported Reading FC for over forty years, but like many supporters, I have been disappointed with the style, direction and results of the team in the last few seasons.

What finally tipped the balance, and made me decide to renew, was the thought that whatever else was changing, at least in Brian McDermott we had someone in charge of the team with a genuine feeling for the town and the Club itself. I was confident, that given time and backing, he would build a team worth watching again.

So I was dismayed to hear that he had been sacked today, after such a short time in charge, and without having a chance to do the job he was appointed to do.

More than that, I feel angry that this should be done so close to the deadline for renewing season tickets. I feel I have been sold a false prospectus. I would not have renewed if I had known this was about to happen.

Accordingly, I would be grateful if you would kindly refund my money. Obviously, I wish the Club the best, but I cannot help but feel it has lost its way."

Glad I won't be the only one looking stupid if we have a good season.

Good man.

Hey, Ian, sorry if I missed it, but did you get your refund? I did (after some delay), and can't say the Tshibola news makes me regret it....

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 04 Jul 2016 16:04

Elm Park Old Boy
Ian Royal
Elm Park Old Boy I too have joined the Ian Royal bandwagon (though wasn't aware of a bandwagon when I sent this).
"Dear Reading FC,
I thought for a long time about renewing my season ticket, and that of my son, before finally doing so yesterday. I have supported Reading FC for over forty years, but like many supporters, I have been disappointed with the style, direction and results of the team in the last few seasons.

What finally tipped the balance, and made me decide to renew, was the thought that whatever else was changing, at least in Brian McDermott we had someone in charge of the team with a genuine feeling for the town and the Club itself. I was confident, that given time and backing, he would build a team worth watching again.

So I was dismayed to hear that he had been sacked today, after such a short time in charge, and without having a chance to do the job he was appointed to do.

More than that, I feel angry that this should be done so close to the deadline for renewing season tickets. I feel I have been sold a false prospectus. I would not have renewed if I had known this was about to happen.

Accordingly, I would be grateful if you would kindly refund my money. Obviously, I wish the Club the best, but I cannot help but feel it has lost its way."

Glad I won't be the only one looking stupid if we have a good season.

Good man.

Hey, Ian, sorry if I missed it, but did you get your refund? I did (after some delay), and can't say the Tshibola news makes me regret it....

Yeah posted up a summary of the reaponse I got on CP on the season ticket thread.

565 posts