Longhorn1970
genome What a fcuking joke.

Should never have been re-appointed

On the plus side we should see the end of one point tedious posters like you

Longhorn1970
Hob Nob Regular

Re: McDermott Sacked (AGAIN)

by Longhorn1970 » 27 May 2016 12:32

One8Seven1* I can't pretend to be disappointed. Brian is a nice guy but he's too nice, and clearly not learned a great deal since his first stint here. We move on, again.

Sadly it's not a popularity contest !

SCIAG
Hob Nob Addict

by SCIAG » 27 May 2016 12:33

I never had any doubt that they wanted to own a successful football club. They were obviously delighted by the trip to Wembley, for example, and they've invested heavily in the playing staff (albeit not very well).

Their decision making is terrible and they've just sacked a highly successful manager shortly after appointing him.

If you think that results or performances under McDermott were bad then maybe you only started paying attention in 2006. Even then, we were much better this season under McDermott than last season under Clarke, and look at the quality of football Clarke briefly produced.

Longhorn1970
Hob Nob Regular

by Longhorn1970 » 27 May 2016 12:33

Silver Fox
Longhorn1970
genome What a fcuking joke.

Should never have been re-appointed

On the plus side we should see the end of one point tedious posters like you

Get over yourself

Armadillo Roadkill

by Armadillo Roadkill » 27 May 2016 12:33

leon
Armadillo Roadkill
leon You're getting on my tits

If I've played even a small part in pîssing Leon off, I must be on the right track.

Tbf boys I've never noticed you before.

Disappointing, as I crave your attention.

TFF
Hob Nob Addict

by TFF » 27 May 2016 12:34

This club is now everything I once took pride in it not being.

Brum Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Brum Royal » 27 May 2016 12:35

LWJ Yet to renew and now considering it because I don't agree with how we are being run. It has nothing to do with Brian. It could have been anyone who we had employed in DECEMBER (6 (SIX) months ago)

This is the crux of it IMO. Regardless of who the manager was, to give him 6 months to turn around a squad of not good enough and not committed enough players, a loanee loaded squad and make us promotion challengers is ridiculous. Brian needed to have a summer to build a squad and make it his own, to sack him now on the basis of 6 months is awful.

The one consolation in doing it now is the new manager will have a summer to build a squad, on the assumption that they get a new man in quickly. If we are still without a manager in 2 months time then it will make an already poor decision seem even worse.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 27 May 2016 12:37

Noted that the statement mentions "rigorous" search for a new manager, yet some are touting Stam as a shoe in.

LWJ
Hob Nob Addict
Location: Hobnob Prediction League Champion 2011/2012, 2020/2021

by LWJ » 27 May 2016 12:37

TFF This club is now everything I once took pride in it not being.

RoyallyFcuked
Hob Nob Regular

by RoyallyFcuked » 27 May 2016 12:37

LWJ
RoyallyFcuked
Armadillo Roadkill Seriously, all this refunds on season tickets business.

Who do you support - the former manager or the club?

This.

The OTT meltdown over the departure of the limited one is all too predictable, as his employment clearly means more to some than the results and performances of the team.

I've supported the club a lot more vocally than others throughout the season. I missed a total of 12 games home and away.

Yet to renew and now considering it because I don't agree with how we are being run. It has nothing to do with Brian. It could have been anyone who we had employed in DECEMBER (6 (SIX) months ago)

I have become so disillusioned with how we are being run that I've stopped going to games. I just think it was a mistake to bring Brian back in the first place, it felt like a backwards step at the time and so it has proved. I refuse to accept that sacking him now has to be seen as negative. If we were going to do it, this was the time.

Let's pretend for a minute that another manager had come in and done exactly what Brian has done since he has been back. Would we be saying this guy deserves a chance to build a squad over the summer? Or would we be saying lets start afresh in the summer and give someone else with new ideas a chance instead?

Top Flight
Hob Nob Regular

by Top Flight » 27 May 2016 12:37

RoyallyFcuked
Hoop Blah I'm worried for Top Flight....

Rumour has it that he (predictably) didn't take the news too well, and promptly launched himself off a cliff upon hearing it.

We won't be seeing him on here again.

I don't know what to say...

I'm gutted.

BR2
Hob Nob Regular

by BR2 » 27 May 2016 12:38

No surprise as a number of us said to Top Flight on the other thread over these past months.
Hopefully the new manager will have good connections to bring in better than we have had lately in Rekels and Kermorgant.
Unfortunately Brian seemed to have lost any sense of adventure in his style of play this time round with so much more emphasis on not losing (no wingers etc.).

Nice bloke but seemingly limited in his approach to matches and let's not forget, there was no improvement unlike with Lee Johnson and old Warnock who had an immediate impact on their clubs.

Will the new man (or woman) be given funds?
Did Brian ask for money for transfers and get refused?
Will the Thais appoint a "name" and then sell up?

As I see it there isn't (and hasn't been for a long time) a Reading way so there is no point going on about that anymore.

BTW I renewed last week when I convinced myself that I wouldn't have to watch Kanu again (but would probably have renewed anyway)-I don't get why others are saying they won't renew.

LWJ
Hob Nob Addict

by LWJ » 27 May 2016 12:38

genome Noted that the statement mentions "rigorous" search for a new manager, yet some are touting Stam as a shoe in.

I saw somewhere that he had rejected us :?

Stam was actually considered back in December alongside BM and one other..

OLLIE KEARNS

by OLLIE KEARNS » 27 May 2016 12:39

Wouldn't surprise me to see Nigel Howe follow soon. If a leader appoints someone who has to then go just 5 months later there is a lot to answer for higher up the chain. That's assuming the owners were indeed persuaded by the Howe / Hammond combination. Maybe part of the Hammond moves also ?
Very best of luck to Brian but I can't really argue with the decision. We looked very poor over the last two months of the season and there was no sign of us bucking the trend. Yes, new players were needed but the shape of the side and players deployed in certain roles just wasn't working.
Upwards and onwards !

Fezza

by Fezza » 27 May 2016 12:39

I'm pretty certain this was the reaction of the Leicester supporters after Nigel Pearson was sacked last summer. At the end of the day the club again showed no improvement under his leadership (in fact we were worse than we were under Clarke).

If the Thais wanted to save money this wasn't the way to go. I think this shows a lot of ambition!

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 27 May 2016 12:39

RoyallyFcuked
Let's pretend for a minute that another manager had come in and done exactly what Brian has done since he has been back. Would we be saying this guy deserves a chance to build a squad over the summer? Or would we be saying lets start afresh in the summer and give someone else with new ideas a chance instead?

Pretty much what Clarke did last season. Can't remember many people saying he should go before he had the chance to rebuild.

LWJ
Hob Nob Addict

by LWJ » 27 May 2016 12:40

RoyallyFcuked Let's pretend for a minute that another manager had come in and done exactly what Brian has done since he has been back. Would we be saying this guy deserves a chance to build a squad over the summer? Or would we be saying lets start afresh in the summer and give someone else with new ideas a chance instead?

I would be in exactly the same camp. If you think 6 months, 1 January transfer window is enough to rebuild a squad shattered of confidence then you are deluded.

He should have been given the summer and then a minimum of 15 games into the season.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 27 May 2016 12:41

If we do get Stam

What do we have against managers with hair?

BR2
Hob Nob Regular

by BR2 » 27 May 2016 12:41

Top Flight
RoyallyFcuked
Hoop Blah I'm worried for Top Flight....

Rumour has it that he (predictably) didn't take the news too well, and promptly launched himself off a cliff upon hearing it.

We won't be seeing him on here again.

I don't know what to say...

I'm gutted.

At least the rest of us are saved from reading your hundreds of posts about Brian keeping us up next year and that in itself being good enough.
Will you say the same about the new managaer or do you expect a return to the.....top flight?

Maneki Neko
Hob Nob Legend

by Maneki Neko » 27 May 2016 12:41

Genuinely disgusted.

565 posts