McDermott Sacked (AGAIN)

565 posts
sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: McDermott Sacked (AGAIN)

by sandman » 27 May 2016 20:31

bobby m's syrup Good news. Now to move forward. Courageous and sensible decision.

That's what you said the last time he was sacked and it got us into the mess we're in now.

Hope for your sake and the club's that the outcome is better than the last time, I fear it won't be.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 27 May 2016 20:59

royalp-we sorry but am I missing something? What exactly are you going to achieve by asking the club for a refund?

Surely your love for the football club runs deeper than Brian McDermott unsuccessful tenure

I too believe Brian has been treated harshly, as I expressed previously he should have at least got till Xmas; but I'll still be turning up to watch the team play whoever gets appointed.

Modern day ownership sees that owners can run the club as they see fit.

Something drastic did need to change - do we know that Brian did not lose the dressing room - have any CURRENT players actually passed comment over his departure?

Whether I'll get, or am entitled to, a refund I don't know. The owners are business people and the club is a business. The fastest way I know to make a business take notice is to harm a) its revenue and b) its public image. I've taken the only effective action I can to target those two things, on a matter of principle.

I will always be a Reading fan, but I will not support Reading actively if the club becomes something I'm not happy with. And I am very far from proud of, or happy with, my club right now. I won't sit by and just keep attending like a sheep, or fade away without comment. I'll take my stand and try to make sure my view is heard.

I suspect the last thing the club wants is have a sudden drop in season ticket uptake because of unhappy fans, or worse have to make a bunch of refunds. And if this stops them making such a stupid decision in future, all the better. Sadly, it's too late for this ridiculous one to be taken back.

As for McDermott losing the dressing room... mindless speculation. Besides, the dressing room is now half empty, and I rather doubt the Academy graduates would have given him much trouble, so by the time the new season started, those he may or may not have lost would be just a tiny part of the squad.

There was plenty of green shoots of promise under McDermott, lots of hard work to do, but what exactly is anyone else going to bring that's better? We now have a crucial period with no manager. The new manager has to assess the players to see what he's got and what he needs... except they're all on holiday, so that can't happen for weeks. And they'll be at pre-season stage, which isn't particularly reflective of match day performance.

Not only that, but we've lost one of our senior coaching staff and our Director of Football. The leadership of the footballing side of the club has collapsed. There is no circumstance under which this can be seen as a good move. They might, *might*, strike it lucky. I have my doubts given how well everything else has gone over the last 4 years.
Last edited by Ian Royal on 27 May 2016 21:08, edited 1 time in total.

harry
Hob Nob Regular

by harry » 27 May 2016 21:16

What an utterly crap thing to do to a decent bloke who is the closest thing we'll have to a fan who can manage this club.

Haven't renewed yet & questioning what it means to support this club and whatwho the club even is.

Why don't we get Nadkins back. He's available. Give him 3 months. Then replace him with Clarke. Give him 2 months. We'll be back round to Brian again in no time.

Laughing stock.
Car crash club.
Omnishambles.

royalp-we
Hob Nob Regular

by royalp-we » 27 May 2016 21:17

Ian Royal
royalp-we sorry but am I missing something? What exactly are you going to achieve by asking the club for a refund?

Surely your love for the football club runs deeper than Brian McDermott unsuccessful tenure

I too believe Brian has been treated harshly, as I expressed previously he should have at least got till Xmas; but I'll still be turning up to watch the team play whoever gets appointed.

Something drastic did need to change - do we know that Brian did not lose the dressing room - have any CURRENT players actually passed comment over his departure?

Whether I'll get, or am entitled to, a refund I don't know. The owners are business people and the club is a business. The fastest way I know to make a business take notice is to harm a) its revenue and b) its public image. I've taken the only effective action I can to target those two things, on a matter of principle.

I will always be a Reading fan, but I will not support Reading actively if the club becomes something I'm not happy with. And I am very far from proud of, or happy with, my club right now. I won't sit by and just keep attending like a sheep, or fade away without comment. I'll take my stand and try to make sure my view is heard.

I suspect the last thing the club wants is have a sudden drop in season ticket uptake because of unhappy fans, or worse have to make a bunch of refunds. And if this stops them making such a stupid decision in future, all the better. Sadly, it's too late for this ridiculous one to be taken back.

And I appreciate it's completely your decision. But a) they won't be losing any sleep over a handful of ST refund requests and b) they will continue to make their decisions as they see fit.

I do understand it's not what many of the fan base want. But lesser minded people were calling for his head; and have been for quite some time. The board obviously know this. It's been tough for some to see it getting any better since he has been re-appointed.

The journos are doing a decent job of harming the owners & club image by printing 'Reading sack McDermott after 5 months' etc.

A turn out of fans at the ground would open their eyes. Not 20 or so nobbers asking for a refund.
Last edited by royalp-we on 27 May 2016 21:19, edited 1 time in total.

tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

by tidus_mi2 » 27 May 2016 21:18

I have already renewed and will give whatever they have planned a go, lest I be a hypocrite, go on some sort of mini-protest and jump back on the bandwagon if we're top at Christmas.

Simon Cox has had his say it seems

blueroyals
Hob Nob Regular

by blueroyals » 27 May 2016 21:21

tidus_mi2 I have already renewed and will give whatever they have planned a go, lest I be a hypocrite, go on some sort of mini-protest and jump back on the bandwagon if we're top at Christmas.

Spot on really - retweeted by Karacan and Jake Taylor too

The radio silence from anybody at the top of the club for the last 6 months - PR statements don't count - just makes it worse

blueroyals
Hob Nob Regular

by blueroyals » 27 May 2016 21:23

Just read the statement on the website again, they didn't even say why he was sacked?! Do they fans not even deserve an explanation?

Kitsondinho
Hob Nob Addict
Location: at a cricket ground somewhere around the country........

by Kitsondinho » 27 May 2016 21:25

blueroyals
tidus_mi2 I have already renewed and will give whatever they have planned a go, lest I be a hypocrite, go on some sort of mini-protest and jump back on the bandwagon if we're top at Christmas.

Spot on really - retweeted by Karacan and Jake Taylor too

The radio silence from anybody at the top of the club for the last 6 months - PR statements don't count - just makes it worse

Agreed.
I don't think we should have let him go, as we may well be struggling for an XI in May 2017. He would have been useful in League One the following August.....

Y21
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Y21 » 27 May 2016 21:33

Dave-Royal
Y21
Dave-Royal calling me names are you ?

I asked a question. That's why there was a question mark. Read it again, and see if you can work it out. Also, while I have your attention, read this post from a couple of weeks ago...http://hobnob.royals.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=132551&p=4337378#p4337378...you changed your tune.

who cares !!!!

I care Dave, I care. I care about idiots posting non stop drivel on a portal that used to be an interesting place to discuss RFC. I care about the football club that I support being taken over by people whose motives I don't fully understand. I care that good people are put out of a job. So I do care Dave.

Whereas all you seem to care about is towing the company line, changing your tune to whatever song the owners want to sing and insulting anyone on here that won't join in.

Longhorn1970
Hob Nob Regular

by Longhorn1970 » 27 May 2016 21:34

blueroyals Just read the statement on the website again, they didn't even say why he was sacked?! Do they fans not even deserve an explanation?

Are you not able to work that out yourself ! ..

harry
Hob Nob Regular

by harry » 27 May 2016 21:36

Longhorn1970
harry What an utterly crap thing to do to a decent bloke who is the closest thing we'll have to a fan who can manage this club.

Haven't renewed yet & questioning what it means to support this club and what/who the club even is.

Why don't we get Nadkins back. He's available. Give him 3 months. Then replace him with Clarke. Give him 2 months. We'll be back round to Brian again in no time.

Laughing stock.
Car crash club.
Omnishambles.

He was dog awful, let's just hope the next appointment is a good one ..

He wasn't given a chance. No way to treat a legend.

Longhorn1970
Hob Nob Regular

by Longhorn1970 » 27 May 2016 21:36

bobby m's syrup Good news. Now to move forward. Courageous and sensible decision.

+1

Longhorn1970
Hob Nob Regular

by Longhorn1970 » 27 May 2016 21:38

harry
Longhorn1970
harry What an utterly crap thing to do to a decent bloke who is the closest thing we'll have to a fan who can manage this club.

Haven't renewed yet & questioning what it means to support this club and what/who the club even is.

Laughing stock.
Car crash club.
Omnishambles.

9 from 30 legend or not .. He looked clueless

blueroyals
Hob Nob Regular

by blueroyals » 27 May 2016 21:43

Even Mourinho would look clueless if you sold his two top scorers and replacement them with shite

Clarke and Adkins looked clueless when they took over and yet you all said "it's not their squad, give them the summer"

Did McD nob your wife or something?

harry
Hob Nob Regular

by harry » 27 May 2016 21:47

Longhorn1970
harry
Longhorn1970

9 from 30 legend or not .. He looked clueless

The whole club is clueless. Ever since he was sacked him first time for effectively over-achieving the previous season we've been on a downward spiral. I really hope whoever comes in next can turn it around, but the constant turnover of managers, other backroom staff, players suggests otherwise.

Longhorn1970
Hob Nob Regular

by Longhorn1970 » 27 May 2016 21:53

Lower West
RoyallyFcuked
Crux
There is no Money - Kitson has confirmed

I know we won't spend much, the point still stands tho.

Clarke was given plenty of money and that has all gone down the drain. That was a wake call for the owners.......

He had to cull top earners before he could sign McShane, Quinn and AAH on a free, how much you think he spent ? Then deduct sale of Blackman and Hector ..

Longhorn1970
Hob Nob Regular

by Longhorn1970 » 27 May 2016 21:54

blueroyals Even Mourinho would look clueless if you sold his two top scorers and replacement them with shite

Clarke and Adkins looked clueless when they took over and yet you all said "it's not their squad, give them the summer"

Selective memory ... Stop ranting

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 27 May 2016 21:55

royalp-we
Ian Royal

And I appreciate it's completely your decision. But a) they won't be losing any sleep over a handful of ST refund requests and b) they will continue to make their decisions as they see fit.

I do understand it's not what many of the fan base want. But lesser minded people were calling for his head; and have been for quite some time. The board obviously know this. It's been tough for some to see it getting any better since he has been re-appointed.

The journos are doing a decent job of harming the owners & club image by printing 'Reading sack McDermott after 5 months' etc.

A turn out of fans at the ground would open their eyes. Not 20 or so nobbers asking for a refund.

We'll have to agree to differ. You can easily ignore a bunch of people who rock up to the ground to protest, but keep paying their money into your coffers. The only thing I can do is control what they get from me. IMO you're far more likely to see a reaction from multiple people doing what I've done, than multiple people waving some banners in a car park and then buying their tickets as usual.

Part of my personal integrity is that I won't contribute to RFC if I'm seriously unhappy about how it's run. I'm not whining, or moaning. I'm making a position statement. Do with it as you will.

tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

by tidus_mi2 » 27 May 2016 21:59

It's a dangerous game when you start claiming to have special needs, especially when it's clear you're just someone's little troll account. There are plenty out there who struggle with mental disabilities who would be less than impressed by someone putting on a 'special needs' act.

harry
Hob Nob Regular

by harry » 27 May 2016 21:59

Longhorn1970
blueroyals Even Mourinho would look clueless if you sold his two top scorers and replacement them with shite

Selective memory ... Stop ranting

If today isn't the day to rant when the Oxford is the right time? I thought Blueroyals made good points .... especially the last :twisted:

565 posts