Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

Re: The "who do you want next as manager "poll

by Nameless » 28 May 2016 09:53

TBM
Nameless
Crux
They should call you clueless not nameless. He won it with QPR in 2011

Sometimes I wonder if anyone in here actually watches football.

I think you'll find the Football League strippedQPR of their title retrospectively due to their massive breach of FFP.
Keep up :roll:

:?

Look up the word retrospective in a dictionary .....

RoyalinBracknell

by RoyalinBracknell » 28 May 2016 09:57

CountryRoyal
leon
Noggin the Nog Making the decision to sack a popular manager wasn't easy. But they want success. And you and I want success. So would BM have brought us success? Almost certainly not.

Why the fcuk not? He'd done it before, which tends to be an indicator of future performance. You know horse shit.

Under the circumstances McDermott was probably just as likely to get us promoted as anyone else.

I.e not very.

I wasn't especially expecting a promotion challenge next season,

But I think Brian McDermott was more likely than the average manager we might get to take us up.

I also think Brian McDermott was less likely than the average manager we might get to take us down.

That's why I was glad he was our manager. I think the club is in a worse place without him.

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 28 May 2016 10:00

With no manager we are obviously in a worse place than with one.
Whether whoever we appoint is better than Brian we cannot judge until we know who it is.

harry
Hob Nob Regular

by harry » 28 May 2016 10:51

RoyalinBracknell
CountryRoyal
leon
Why the fcuk not? He'd done it before, which tends to be an indicator of future performance. You know horse shit.

Under the circumstances McDermott was probably just as likely to get us promoted as anyone else.

I.e not very.

But I think Brian McDermott was more likely than the average manager we might get to take us up.

I also think Brian McDermott was less likely than the average manager we might get to take us down.

That's why I was glad he was our manager. I think the club is in a worse place without him.

^
This

Lower West
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Lower West » 28 May 2016 11:01

CountryRoyal Under the circumstances McDermott was probably just as likely to get us promoted as anyone else.

I.e not very.

In all reality a top six finish is some way off. Just look at the squad that's left. I'd happily watch a team be built over the next 2 seasons. That's part of the game.

ILoveMoonPig

by ILoveMoonPig » 28 May 2016 11:22

Who was Huddersfield manager when they went 2-0 up against us? Didn't they sack him? To be honest, they were a small club and massively outplayed us until they had a player sent off. I'd take him as manager.

Lower West
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Lower West » 28 May 2016 11:40

ILoveMoonPig Who was Huddersfield manager when they went 2-0 up against us? Didn't they sack him? To be honest, they were a small club and massively outplayed us until they had a player sent off. I'd take him as manager.

Reading are a small club. The elastic has snapped.

Eaststandman

by Eaststandman » 28 May 2016 12:01

I'm conflating a number of issues here, but who cares which thread is actually the most appropriate.
I used to wonder if there was anything that could persuade me to consider supporting or not supporting the club, (hiring a rapist, racist or whatever) but now I know, its the conduct of the club regarding hiring and firing managers! I had thought that Kelvin Hall, Billy Smart or Ronald MacDonald as a new manager might be bad enough, but now they are seriously considering somebody called PANTic, you really, really couldn't make it up and therefore I'm out! :lol:

Lower West
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Lower West » 28 May 2016 12:37

Eaststandman I'm conflating a number of issues here, but who cares which thread is actually the most appropriate.
I used to wonder if there was anything that could persuade me to consider supporting or not supporting the club, (hiring a rapist, racist or whatever) but now I know, its the conduct of the club regarding hiring and firing managers! I had thought that Kelvin Hall, Billy Smart or Ronald MacDonald as a new manager might be bad enough, but now they are seriously considering somebody called PANTic, you really, really couldn't make it up and therefore I'm out! :lol:

We'll see be here. Long after the Thai's have departed. 8)

Huckleberry Hound

by Huckleberry Hound » 28 May 2016 15:03

If Stam gets the job, I wonder if we'd see our players drug-tested more often?

paddy20
Hob Nob Regular

by paddy20 » 28 May 2016 15:12

RoyalinBracknell
CountryRoyal
leon

I.e not very.

Based oh his performance last season????

Reading 1964

by Reading 1964 » 28 May 2016 15:16

How about Quique Flores ?????

CavershamRoyal

by CavershamRoyal » 28 May 2016 15:17

Not sure if this is anything new, but: http://www.premierleague.com/en-gb/news ... -move.html

Jaap Stam has revealed his desire to become a manager and would be keen to return to England to do so.
The Dutchman moved to Manchester United in 1998 as the world’s most expensive defender and, in three seasons under Sir Alex Ferguson, won Barclays Premier League titles in each campaign, including the treble in his first, establishing himself as a firm fans favourite.
But after the release of an autobiography he was surprisingly sold in early 2001/02, a decision Ferguson later regretted, and Stam reveals how the shock sale came about.
“I don’t regret the book but I regret how everything went,” he says.
Now in charge of Ajax’s reserve team, Stam harbours ambitions to become a first-team manager and would jump at the opportunity to do so in England.
“If somebody gave me the chance I would take the next plane out,” Stam says.
Watch Stam, discuss his rollercoaster BPL career in the video above.

Royal_jimmy
Hob Nob Regular

by Royal_jimmy » 28 May 2016 15:38

How about Guy Luzon or Michael Appleton?

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 28 May 2016 16:23

Ryan Giggs

royalp-we
Hob Nob Regular

by royalp-we » 28 May 2016 16:49

BBC Berks look at who could be in the running (Pog & Warnock aside its not a bad list IMO)

http://bbc.in/24c5tSw

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 28 May 2016 17:01

paddy20
RoyalinBracknell
CountryRoyal

I.e not very.

Based on his two full seasons with us.

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 28 May 2016 17:03

royalp-we BBC Berks look at who could be in the running (Pog & Warnock aside its not a bad list IMO)

Problem with that is, other than Stam, there's absolutely nothing to suggest that any of them are or will be in the running.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 28 May 2016 17:05

paddy20
RoyalinBracknell
CountryRoyal

I.e not very.

Why would you only consider his performance last season under difficult circumstances?

And if Clarke could go from the same level of performance to winning six games out of seven and having us 2nd in October, why couldn't McDermott? He's got a far better track record than Clarke. One that includes turning around poor form to excellent form.
Last edited by Ian Royal on 28 May 2016 17:05, edited 1 time in total.

Lower West
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Lower West » 28 May 2016 17:05

royalp-we BBC Berks look at who could be in the running (Pog & Warnock aside its not a bad list IMO)

Rather optimistic list. The appointment is far more likely to be rather underwhelming. Coming to Reading may do little for the CV.

155 posts