What have you done to express your feelings about the way the club is being run?

I have taken the following action:

Poll ended at 08 Jun 2016 16:19
I did not renew my season ticket
18%
I cancelled my Reading FC HD Player subscription
5%
I have voiced my anger on social media sites
13%
I have continued to support my club, regardless
21%
I have renewed my season ticket
19%
I will renew my Reading FC HD Player subscription
1%
I have done nothing
20%
Other
3%

Total votes: 126
bobby1413
Hob Nob Addict

Re: What have you done to express your feelings about the way the club is being run?

by bobby1413 » 29 May 2016 20:55

paultheroyal Don't see a lot wrong in what new owners have done to be fair.

Funny How quickly everyone forgets about administration threat already.

All part of the journey supporting Reading FC.

I don't generally get as worked up as most about RFC. But they have pished me off this time and disappointed me. The sacking of BM obviously, but also that long standing member of the board left and not a thing was said by the club.

The biggest issue is communication. Especially at a time like this when season tickets should be renewed, a poor season, a manager being sacked, a pre-season tour cancelled. **************SURELY*********** someone at the club has said, "Mrs Chair Woman... our social media people have noticed loads of fans are confused, angry, upset, bemused, and not just nobbers". This should have then resulted in further press releases and re-assurances.

As regards to us avoiding administration - I definitely have not forgotten that. Maybe that's why I generally don't get as worked up as others about the club's behaviour, or stuff to do with REP, or the ownership. I'm just happy we have a club... I just would like some information.

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

Re: What have you done to express your feelings about the way the club is being run?

by paultheroyal » 29 May 2016 21:03

AthleticoSpizz (Paul) Nobodies forgetting anything

But

Why hire someone only to fire him before giving him the time and chance do it his way tho'?..........hardly inspires confidence to us the customer.......enjoy that journey....but to me, the ride in the last month has been unprecedented...definately not part of supporting this RFC

Have we sold off the disabled spaces yet?

I want the team to be successful, clearly under Brian there was zero improvement.

After 3 chances the Thais are going to do it their way and frankly you can't blame them.

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 29 May 2016 21:04

bobby1413
paultheroyal Don't see a lot wrong in what new owners have done to be fair.

Funny How quickly everyone forgets about administration threat already.

All part of the journey supporting Reading FC.

I don't generally get as worked up as most about RFC. But they have pished me off this time and disappointed me. The sacking of BM obviously, but also that long standing member of the board left and not a thing was said by the club.

The biggest issue is communication. Especially at a time like this when season tickets should be renewed, a poor season, a manager being sacked, a pre-season tour cancelled. **************SURELY*********** someone at the club has said, "Mrs Chair Woman... our social media people have noticed loads of fans are confused, angry, upset, bemused, and not just nobbers". This should have then resulted in further press releases and re-assurances.

As regards to us avoiding administration - I definitely have not forgotten that. Maybe that's why I generally don't get as worked up as others about the club's behaviour, or stuff to do with REP, or the ownership. I'm just happy we have a club... I just would like some information.

Agree totally on the communication front.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 29 May 2016 21:16

paultheroyal

But

Why hire someone only to fire him before giving him the time and chance do it his way tho'?..........hardly inspires confidence to us the customer.......enjoy that journey....but to me, the ride in the last month has been unprecedented...definately not part of supporting this RFC

I want the team to be successful, clearly under Brian there was zero improvement.

After 3 chances the Thais are going to do it their way and frankly you can't blame them.
oh for f sake...."there was zero improvement"......dead right there wasn't.....there probably wouldn't have been even if Sir Alf Ramsey had resurrected himself.

We didn't get relegated, BM has not signed any of those wastrells that we had loaned in last season...read my lips.....he needed to replace the deadwood and formulate his own team....why the f11ck was he not given that chance? Clueless ownership that's why....welcome to the Thai Venkey era

...and yes, there was always going to be some kind of payback for "saving us" from the creditors......

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 29 May 2016 21:19

Haag Royal
Ian Royal Sent the club a complaint asking to cancel my ST renewal and voicing my disapproval. Will think about whether to renew my RP subscription when it's up in October.

I'm not walking away from the club, If they can show me their decisions have been for the best and they know what they're doing I'll be back quite sharpish. I'm making a stand on an issue that's pissed me right off after a series of blunders and gradual deterioration. I recognise it can't change anything now, but hopefully it might send a message to make some serious effort to get it right this time and then back the person they put in charge.

If we've got yet another new manager within the next 12 months, I may well just call it quits entirely.

um. Asking for a refund on your ST?

You are quite within your rights to do what you want but don't pretend you are not walking way when you are.

No there's a difference between asking for a refund on the season ticket and stopping supporting the club and stopping going to any matches again.

Maneki Neko
Hob Nob Legend

by Maneki Neko » 29 May 2016 21:28

Wheres the pissed and moaned ineffectually and grumbled quietly to myself option?

Maneki Neko
Hob Nob Legend

by Maneki Neko » 29 May 2016 21:31

paultheroyal

But

Paul the Royal is a mental

RoyalinBracknell

by RoyalinBracknell » 29 May 2016 21:37

Have written to the club over the weekend to express my anger at the sacking of Brian McDermott and the direction the club is going in under the current ownership.

Pretty certain I won't renew my season ticket (was all set to do it until Friday morning.) It's easy to give it a few days, sigh and then keep on going - but to me it's a matter of principal and making your thoughts known on the way the club is going.

SCIAG
Hob Nob Addict

by SCIAG » 29 May 2016 22:06

I will not be giving the club any additional money by attending cup or away matches (possibly excepting away FAYC matches) or purchasing anything on match day or from the Megastore. If users successfully get refunds on their season tickets then I shall follow their lead. I will only renew my season ticket next season (2017/18) if we are relegated or there is a genuine turnaround - by which I mean, a manager signed to a long contract, owners making repeated statements about the value of loyalty, youth players given multiple chances in the first team. I'd be proud to walk away from this shambles, and I certainly don't intend on "supporting" it.

Lower West
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Lower West » 29 May 2016 22:15

paultheroyal

The real problems are off the field not on. There's no parachute payment to fill the void.

royalp-we
Hob Nob Regular

by royalp-we » 29 May 2016 22:33

I've got a funny feeling that come August when the dust has settled and with the new management in place. You folk saying the club oxf*rd off and keep their ST's... Will be right there beside us. Because no manager or player or consortium is bigger than this club. After all, what in this world is more enjoyable than the opening weekend of the football season :D

That, or a couple of hundred of extra empty seats which shall be known as 'Brians forsaken' till the end of time.

bobby m's syrup

by bobby m's syrup » 29 May 2016 22:44

and if the new administration proves a success, this thread will vanish quicker than Dave Royal from an IQ test

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 29 May 2016 22:45

Liking the use of " administration" :)

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 29 May 2016 22:59

royalp-we I've got a funny feeling that come August when the dust has settled and with the new management in place. You folk saying the club oxf*rd off and keep their ST's... Will be right there beside us. Because no manager or player or consortium is bigger than this club. After all, what in this world is more enjoyable than the opening weekend of the football season :D

That, or a couple of hundred of extra empty seats which shall be known as 'Brians forsaken' till the end of time.

In August, no chance. In October, possibly.

bcubed
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by bcubed » 30 May 2016 00:58

Maneki Neko Wheres the pissed and moaned ineffectually and grumbled quietly to myself option?

I also looked for this option
Would have liked
Felt disgruntled for a while

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 30 May 2016 09:18

I moved abroad 3 years ago in readiness for a situation just like this. People called it extreme at the time, but who's laughing now!

Steve_Upper_West

by Steve_Upper_West » 30 May 2016 11:25

Stranded I moved abroad 3 years ago in readiness for a situation just like this. People called it extreme at the time, but who's laughing now!

:)

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 30 May 2016 13:04

Where's the "Got on with my life as normal" option?

Dr_Hfuhruhurr
Hob Nob Addict

by Dr_Hfuhruhurr » 30 May 2016 14:48

This morning I unsubscribed myself from the Reading FC mailing list. But a warning to anybody thinking of this option - they DONT offer you the 'Why did you choose to unsubscribe' question. I was getting ready to smash that 'other' box.

Silver Fox
Hob Nob Legend

by Silver Fox » 30 May 2016 15:31

BonBoh I'm interested to know what you all feel about recent developments at the club and whether you have done anything about it.
I cancelled my RFC HD Player subscription today - a form of protest about what has been going on since Zingarevich and then the Thai consortium took over.

I'm literally gobsmacked that this hasn't forced the Thais to reverse their decision and rehire Brian immediately