CONLOLFIMRED - TshibLOLa to ViLOLLOLa

222 posts
mumbo-jumbo

Re: Tshibola to leave?

by mumbo-jumbo » 04 Jul 2016 15:30

5m, if true, is a very decent fee for a relatively unproven player. Still disappointing, but I think most fans might accept it IF that money is ring fenced for the transfer window. Big disenchantment if it is swallowed up in the clubs debts and disappears without trace.

wingnut
Hob Nob Regular

by wingnut » 04 Jul 2016 15:38

Yep, sounds as if he's as good as gone. Decent money I suppose but it won't get spent on replacements (who are as good).

John Smith
Hob Nob Regular

by John Smith » 04 Jul 2016 15:44

Westwood52
John Smith
West Stand Man If he is headed out then so be it. That is football, players come, players go, they always have done.

Tshibola is one who looks as if he could be a player to build a team round but we are guessing a bit. Last season he looked really top rate for the few games he played. However, quite a few other players looked good in those early stages too and that went on to abjectly underperform. So, we have seen a top rate cameo and then a long season on the treatment bench. For that reason I'd be amazed if anyone was prepared to offer serious money for him, but if they did we'd be daft not to consider it.

It is, of course, quite possible that Stam has a plan that includes a player to fill the Tshibola role and is content to see him move on to clear the space. Or that this is all a fabrication to fill column inches during a quiet period of transfer activity.

Hallelujah - 5 pages it's taken for some sense to be spoken. Well done.

Move on people

Yeah but you don't step forward over a cliff or into dog shit.
I would be seriously concerned if Tish went for anything less than £5mill plus add ons.

You got your wish Mr Westwood. I'm glad we can start moving on from this saga now and the ifs and buts of his quality can now be laid to rest from a Reading perspective at least.

The Royal Forester
Hob Nob Regular

by The Royal Forester » 04 Jul 2016 15:54

Maneki Neko oof

we will find it extremely hard to rebuff that
and even stam would reconsider if he was given all of that for new signings...

Do you honestly think any of the fee will be available for replacements? It will only go where the money from most of the fees received the last few years have gone. So much for relying on the young players, then!

Jano

by Jano » 04 Jul 2016 16:06

We are relying on young players, just not to build a team around. Quite clearly relying on them to balance the books.

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 04 Jul 2016 16:10

Jano We are relying on young players, just not to build a team around. Quite clearly relying on them to balance the books.

And reinvest in the Academy to bring through the next crop of young players which is exactly how Tevreden said the club would be run now.

Big shame but £5m is very good.

EverHopeful

by EverHopeful » 04 Jul 2016 16:13

it would also be helpful if they started work on the new Academy site so we can bring through the next crop................can you have a CAT1 academy in Div 1??

Maneki Neko
Hob Nob Legend

by Maneki Neko » 04 Jul 2016 16:18

mumbo-jumbo 5m, if true, is a very decent fee for a relatively unproven player. Still disappointing, but I think most fans might accept it IF that money is ring fenced for the transfer window. Big disenchantment if it is swallowed up in the clubs debts and disappears without trace.

cant see it tbf

we can live in hope though

Maneki Neko
Hob Nob Legend

by Maneki Neko » 04 Jul 2016 16:19

if it was a choice between tish and a couple of half decent strikers, id be more inclined not to lose my shit

WoodleyRoyal
Hob Nob Addict
Location: when was the last time you did something for the first time?

by WoodleyRoyal » 04 Jul 2016 16:24

EverHopeful it would also be helpful if they started work on the new Academy site so we can bring through the next crop................can you have a CAT1 academy in Div 1??

Yes you can have a cat 1 in Div 1, and we have just passed the assessment and kept our CAT 1 status. So our existing training ground is obviously adequate for our needs atm.

I wouldn't get too excited about the new training ground either. Judging from what i have heard we have been doing quite a bit of work at Hogwood . Can't see why we would be spending good money on a training ground that will be turned into houses in a couple of years.

Maybe the club has decided if we can keep CAT 1 status with our existing infrastructure why spend millions on a training ground that can wait until we are in a more stable position.

Maneki Neko
Hob Nob Legend

by Maneki Neko » 04 Jul 2016 16:40

The Royal Forester
Maneki Neko oof

we will find it extremely hard to rebuff that
and even stam would reconsider if he was given all of that for new signings...

Do you honestly think any of the fee will be available for replacements? It will only go where the money from most of the fees received the last few years have gone. So much for relying on the young players, then!

i do doubt we'll see any/much of it for new signings.though im not sure what influence Stam exerted over budgets when he signed.
also - if i was running a loss making club id also be using the funds generated by sales to keep the club afloat and stop me having to throw my own money away

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 04 Jul 2016 16:50

Steve Clarke out seeking revenge!

Who else was his favourites or best player we will be sad to see go... Because I bet he is tapping them up!!

mambo3

by mambo3 » 04 Jul 2016 16:58

wont be the last young player to go, watch this space

moo
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by moo » 04 Jul 2016 16:58

Goodbye Championship football. It was a blast.

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 04 Jul 2016 17:18

Jano If he wants to go as suggested by Get Reading, there isn't really much we can do. Why he'd want to work with Steve Clarke again though is mindboggling.

Not really, Clarke gave him his chance and Tshibola obviously enjoys working with him as a result.

Lower West
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Lower West » 04 Jul 2016 17:31

£5 million for a player with potential. That's a good deal. Hopefully the deal will also include further bonuses if certain criteria is met.

moo
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by moo » 04 Jul 2016 17:33

Lower West £5 million for a player with potential. That's a good deal. Hopefully the deal will also include further bonuses if certain criteria is met.

It would be if Jaap saw the £5 mill to spend.

That, I doubt.

No Fixed Abode

by No Fixed Abode » 04 Jul 2016 17:35

Lower West £5 million for a player with potential. That's a good deal. Hopefully the deal will also include further bonuses if certain criteria is met.

It's a fair chunk of money for someone who hasn't played a lot of first team football. Good deal? Not so sure selling your best youngsters is a good deal unless the replacement is better.

Snowball
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowball » 04 Jul 2016 17:45

If 5 Million is real, up front money we should bite their hands off.

YES, Tish has promise, but 5M is five years of the Academy and players keep coming (like Gylfi et al)

Much as I would like a season or two of an injury-free Tshibola, this is a business
and we have a decent midfield. Ship out Williams, bring one good 25-26 year old in
and the midfield will be fine.

howser
Hob Nob Regular

by howser » 04 Jul 2016 17:53

Agree with that Snowball, that is a lot of money for someone largely unproven at this level.

222 posts