Are you getting excited yet?

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

Re: Are you getting excited yet?

by NewCorkSeth » 18 Jul 2016 19:04

Ian Royal
NewCorkSeth
Ian Royal Perhaps if they'd turned out a few more results for him he wouldn't have got sacked. Besides, has anyone credible seriously suggested Clarke lost the dressing room? I mean, lost the plot, certainly. And he absolutely lost the board, entirely justifiably, but I don't recall anyone really suggesting he lost the players. Picked the wrong ones in the wrong places, again that's a yes.

Royalp-we suggest the players were miserable under Clarke 10 posts up in this thread.. And I believe I have read posts like this on many occasions.

What I took away from my conversation with (one) player was that the players (it seemed not just to be his opinion) respected Clarke and thought he was doing a good job.

Fair enough, I hadn't seen many people suggest it, but given p-we's recent track record with signings I'd be had pressed to say he has no credibility.

Still not sure how a player can think that 1 win in 8, or whatever it was, was a good job. I'm not surprised they'd be totally indifferent to him talking to Fulham though.

Oh he certainly has more credibility than me. I mean I could be making this whole thing up! I reckon it was injuries that undid him.

We seem to be getting more balanced but as many have pointed out people have been saying that the last 3 summers.

PremAddict
Hob Nob Regular

by PremAddict » 18 Jul 2016 20:19

K.URZ13 Reserving judgement. I remember being equally excited last year.
I'd be happy with; good football, young players coming through and a mid-table finish.

This. With the exception that last season we were signing more loanees than permanent players. I'm hopeful that those with multi-year contracts will show more determination.

Lower West
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Lower West » 18 Jul 2016 20:55

NewCorkSeth What I took away from my conversation with (one) player was that the players (it seemed not just to be his opinion) respected Clarke and thought he was doing a good job.

Sometimes just doesn't work out. Clarke took a one season punt and it backfired.