BTFG Wolves

paddy20
Hob Nob Regular

Re: BTFG Wolves

by paddy20 » 13 Aug 2016 20:44

genome
P!ssed Off Joey Van Den Berg is a dreadful centre back and in no way better than Jake Cooper.

FTFY

Did you see Cooper on Tuesday??

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 13 Aug 2016 20:46

Did you see the original post?

LUX
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by LUX » 13 Aug 2016 20:46

Nuremberg Royal . Shall we look to get to 40 point safety first....? I think so .

Er, it's 50 points in this league.

Emeraldroyal

by Emeraldroyal » 13 Aug 2016 21:06

CountryRoyal Honestly that was the very definition of tame and any sense of renewed optimism has evaporated just like that. On par if not worse than a lot of the dross we were served up last year. To me it had all the characteristics of a team uncomfortable and uncertain with the style of play, which is expected it is early doors after all. Very disappointing though it took us to concede 2 goals before we started to show a bit of urgency. I'm all for the possession game but you don't win any points for it, and passing it around the back 5 is never going to challenge the opposition. At least 70% of our possession in the first half must have been in our on third and as soon as we broke into their half we fell to pieces and lost it.

We could have been playing all week and not scored and I doubt Wolves will have an easier game all season, we were so pedestrian we might as well have not even got off the bus. I'd say it's hard to break play against a team with 11 men behind the ball but seeings how most of our football was played in our own half it's kind of expected. The whole aim is to pass and move, drag players out of position, find pockets of space and really play with some kind of purpose and idea, that was lacking today. Little movement, no creativity, no clue. Credit to Wolves they were organised, stronger, harder in the tackle and broke with pace and accuracy. Every time they got the ball they did something with it. That being said I think we made them look a lot better than they were, we were that poor.

Al-Habsi 6 - made a fair few saves but also got us into trouble

Gunter 5 - Not his worst performance but pretty oxf*rd average. Beaten too easily for their first.

McShane 5 - Seeing McShane take 4 touches and spend 30 seconds to pass square or back is more painful than a hernia.

VDB 5 - Likewise. Not a CB.

Obita 5 - Turned inside out time and time again.

Evans 4 - Rabbit in headlights.

Williams 4 - Standard Williams of old. Appears to be doing a lot but in reality did feck all. Still can't shoot.

Swift 5 - Not his day.

Beerens 4 - ditto.

McCleary 5 - Tried but nothing came off, poor delivery.

Kermorgant 2 - Truly inept.

Subs

Meite 4 - Passionate lad but frustrating cameo. Was poor.

Harriot 3 - Ineffective

Rakels 0 - Did he touch the ball? He perfectly epitomized this reading team today. Running around like headless chickens chasing shadows and being generally clueless.

Stam 1 - Tactically incompetent. Shape of the team wasn't working so what did he do? Like for like subbing the wingers off. No plan B. Must have studied at the Brian McDermott school of half time team talks. "Right lads, lets keep it tight straight after the break".

Ref 4 - Seemed to favor the home team.

Summed up perfectly.
Not sure I would be as harsh on scoring the boys but this is a very accurate assessment.

Special mention to '9 toes' sat in front of me. That's dedication.

Fans were very quiet (myself included I have to be honest)

My personal jaap Staam hysteria has been watered down hugely. Kept seeing Staam clapping when we were clearly struggling with hideous attempts to keep the ball at the back.
Obvious Stam is telling them to keep the ball and build from the back but the simple fact is we don't have that technical ability. Joey was smashing hopeless cross field balls to nobody. Rabbits in headlights from the very start and it worries me a lot. I'm not angry just really deflated. Still, we go again and we'll see what sort of metal they have when they travel to Geordie land midweek.

High point ? The chicken Baltie pie. Absolutely immense 8)

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 13 Aug 2016 21:22

http://www.wolvesforum.co.uk/showthread ... 94067aa767

First thoughts - Reading were abysmal.

Reading were appalling

Reading won't be troubling anyone this season

Reading were pretty much awful

Reading weren't very good

:shock: :lol:

Berry

by Berry » 13 Aug 2016 21:40

Crux
Berry Crux, I bow to you're superior knowledge of football, Kermogant will be a French International by mid season, my son told me that!!

Was aimed at the Adkins comment but I wouldn't expect someone like you to get it.

People that use retarded as part of reply tend to be on another level......You're the king

Maguire
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Maguire » 13 Aug 2016 21:52

Goal difference might come into it when we're fighting relegation come the end of the season so at least we limited them to two.

Wolves Fan in Peace

by Wolves Fan in Peace » 13 Aug 2016 22:29

You came upon one of the best Wolves performances I have seen in a year. We're now backed by Fosun, Zenga is bedding in and our new player look good.

Today was just a very good performance from Wolves we played you off the park.

Royal_jimmy
Hob Nob Regular

by Royal_jimmy » 13 Aug 2016 22:36

Hopefully we have learned a fair bit from today's game. Van Der Berg is not a centre back. Cooper should come in for him unless Moore signs in time v Newcastle.

Kermogant on his own doesnt work and not does Rakels. I hope Mendes can be that player but his goalscoring record is substandard in weaker divisions than the championship. If he can't step up then we will struggle for goals

double d

by double d » 13 Aug 2016 22:46

Going to write to STAR and ask for my money back that was my first game in years going to see Reading no wonder why i stopped going utter drivel we are going to get relegation like that im going back to supporting Forest Green Rovers sack the board sack Stam we are useless :evil:

Muskrat
Hob Nob Regular

by Muskrat » 13 Aug 2016 22:52

I said on here after the Preston game that all this playing it across the back four was a problem and nothing I saw in the Plymouth game changed that view. Didn't go today but was hopeful that our possession based game would suit us away from home. Obviously not :| . Am quite grateful that I'm on holiday for the next couple of weeks and won't have to witness the "evolution " of this style of play. It's going to make for painful viewing and I fear it's doomed to failure. The only question that remains after that realisation dawns is how long before the trap door opens beneath JP. Sorry and all that but that's the way I see it.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 13 Aug 2016 22:58

double d Going to write to STAR and ask for my money back that was my first game in years going to see Reading no wonder why i stopped going utter drivel we are going to get relegation like that im going back to supporting Forest Green Rovers sack the board sack Stam we are useless :evil:

Nuremberg Royal

by Nuremberg Royal » 13 Aug 2016 22:59

LUX
Nuremberg Royal . Shall we look to get to 40 point safety first....? I think so .

:oops: My bad.. wishful thinking.Very kind of you to correct me.

Royal_jimmy
Hob Nob Regular

by Royal_jimmy » 13 Aug 2016 23:06

double d Going to write to STAR and ask for my money back that was my first game in years going to see Reading no wonder why i stopped going utter drivel we are going to get relegation like that im going back to supporting Forest Green Rovers sack the board sack Stam we are useless :evil:

Dave is back

Jagermesiter1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Jagermesiter1871 » 13 Aug 2016 23:27

This forum does have some absolute spastics on it. Genuinely, who get's a kick out of writing the juvenile crap Jojo does? It's weird. If they're older than 12 then I'm worried for them.

jojo1

by jojo1 » 13 Aug 2016 23:52

Nuremberg Royal
LUX

:oops: My bad.. wishful thinking.Very kind of you to correct me.

oxf*rd off you oxf*rd idiot

tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

by tidus_mi2 » 14 Aug 2016 00:00

We're still a team in transition, hopefully Stam learns from this result as frankly despite what the Wolves poster has put here, his fellow fans on their forum and by what it sounded like on the radio would suggest Reading being shit was the main factor in that game, not Wolves being good.

We've played some nice stuff so far and held good possession but there were signs that maybe it wasn't perfect, I remember a brief spell in the first half against Preston where we were passing it around the back but the midfield was pushed so far up they didn't have an outlet so Preston kept pushing the defence back.

We need a striker, frankly Kermorgant and Rakels have shown nothing to suggest they deserve a starting spot and unfortunately Samuel is injured again otherwise most likely would have been given a shot by now. We need to make getting a striker a priority, the Newcastle game might come too soon which is a shame because after their poor start, if we can make it hard for them their fans will quickly turn on them, but we have to have a striker in place for the Brighton game.

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 14 Aug 2016 00:27

tidus_mi2 We're still a team in transition, hopefully Stam learns from this result as frankly despite what the Wolves poster has put here, his fellow fans on their forum and by what it sounded like on the radio would suggest Reading being shit was the main factor in that game, not Wolves being good.

We've played some nice stuff so far and held good possession but there were signs that maybe it wasn't perfect, I remember a brief spell in the first half against Preston where we were passing it around the back but the midfield was pushed so far up they didn't have an outlet so Preston kept pushing the defence back.

We need a striker, frankly Kermorgant and Rakels have shown nothing to suggest they deserve a starting spot and unfortunately Samuel is injured again otherwise most likely would have been given a shot by now. We need to make getting a striker a priority, the Newcastle game might come too soon which is a shame because after their poor start, if we can make it hard for them their fans will quickly turn on them, but we have to have a striker in place for the Brighton game.

Not sure that would have made a difference today.

windermere_royal
Hob Nob Regular

by windermere_royal » 14 Aug 2016 00:45

Well piss of then. who the feck is stopping you? stupid brain dead knob head . 2 fecking games in. thats all. I womder someties how guys like you have the abiity to use a computer.

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 14 Aug 2016 01:05

windermere_royal

Well piss of then. who the feck is stopping you? stupid brain dead knob head . 2 fecking games in. thats all. I womder someties how guys like you have the abiity to use a computer.

Oh the irony.