Hob Nob Legend

Re: SERIOUSLY STOP BOOING

by genome » 10 Sep 2016 17:05

I see we've dropped to 9th. Stam out

Gunny Fishcake
Hob Nob Regular

by Gunny Fishcake » 10 Sep 2016 17:07

It was embarrassing especially as we were on Sky , quality from our moronic minority

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 10 Sep 2016 18:38

Pepe the Horseman I liked it when everyone cheered Al Habsi lumping the ball up there, then it immediately came back to us and put us under pressure. Have some patience ffs.

+ 1

However, it was only the footballing illiterates who cheered and thus demonstrated their ignorance.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 10 Sep 2016 18:39

genome I see we've dropped to 9th. Stam out

What did you expect - we concentrate on going backwards! ;-)

Brosef Stalin
Hob Nob Regular

by Brosef Stalin » 10 Sep 2016 18:57

CountryRoyal
Brosef Stalin Nothing wrong with motivational booing....you need to get over yourselves

While I know you're joking it does raise an interesting point. Playing devil's advocate here a bit but booing in itself doesn't necessarily always translate into a negative consequence on the pitch. Some people could rise to it and make them perform better in a kind of "fukk you i'll show you what I can do" attitude. It all depends on players mentality.

I think its still far more likely to have a negative impact, but its possible for some it might have a different effect.

BoooooooooOOOOOOOOooooooOOOOOOOOOooooooooo!!!!!!!!

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 10 Sep 2016 20:45

That's Stam and now GMac who have hit out at the fans who've booed and are justified in doing so. Slightly worrying though as there aren't too many examples of success when the whole club and fans aren't on the same page and in it together, especially one with small resources.

Unfortunately I don't see them stopping until they see a drastic improvement in performances which isn't realistic.

So it's up to us - if you hear anyone booing tell them to shut the fukk up or go home. I know I will.

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 10 Sep 2016 20:57

Great let's go full West Ham and start having a ruck in the stands. Perhaps we should have renamed the North Stand to North Korea.

John Madejski's Wallet
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Anyone who lives within their means shows a serious lack of imagination

by John Madejski's Wallet » 10 Sep 2016 21:19

The problem is there's a weight of history here. 3 of our last 4 managers have tried to get us playing possession football and they have been utterly painful seasons. Now we have a new manager apparently trying to get us 'playing a new style' when its just the same style previous managers failed to succeed with.

Maybe Stam is finally the man to succeed where other have failed. (and not just in our team, in all others in the league). I don't like the booing, but those fans are booing more than this team, they're booing the years of dross that have gone before it too

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 10 Sep 2016 21:53

sandman Great let's go full West Ham and start having a ruck in the stands. Perhaps we should have renamed the North Stand to North Korea.

I heard that was because there were Watford fans in the home end

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 10 Sep 2016 22:00

sandman Great let's go full West Ham and start having a ruck in the stands. Perhaps we should have renamed the North Stand to North Korea.

Oh fukk off Sandmong. Nice to see you've reverted back to your usual negative, argumentative pcuntishness.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 10 Sep 2016 22:04

genome

Actually, might've read some wrong info.

https://twitter.com/footbalifights/stat ... 7767565316

:lol:

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 10 Sep 2016 22:06

CountryRoyal

Oh fukk off Sandmong. Nice to see you've reverted back to your usual negative, argumentative pcuntishness.

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 10 Sep 2016 22:22

sandman
CountryRoyal

I've missed this. I like you better when you're a tool.

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 10 Sep 2016 23:08

CountryRoyal
sandman
CountryRoyal

When did it all change then?

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 10 Sep 2016 23:25

paultheroyal
CountryRoyal
sandman

When did it all change then?

I don't know, I felt he hasn't been as obnoxiously clueless recently, or he hasn't been posting. One or the other.

TBM
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: Prediction League Champion 2009/2010, 2010/2011 & 2013/2014

by TBM » 11 Sep 2016 00:28

genome
genome

Actually, might've read some wrong info.

https://twitter.com/footbalifights/stat ... 7767565316

:lol:

That was 2 weeks ago

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 11 Sep 2016 02:04

John Madejski's Wallet The problem is there's a weight of history here. 3 of our last 4 managers have tried to get us playing possession football and they have been utterly painful seasons. Now we have a new manager apparently trying to get us 'playing a new style' when its just the same style previous managers failed to succeed with.

Maybe Stam is finally the man to succeed where other have failed. (and not just in our team, in all others in the league). I don't like the booing, but those fans are booing more than this team, they're booing the years of dross that have gone before it too

This is where I'm coming from. I'm bored of enduring a series of managers trying to play a system that never works and failing, At quite a cost to the club.

Tommy Burns tried it, Rodgers tried it, Adkins, Clarke all tried and failed. Who were the ones who were successful?

Pardew, Coppell, Brian.

(OK and McGhee whose team were fcuking brilliant and could pass the ball. So there is some hope, but they ATTACKED)

Dr_Hfuhruhurr
Hob Nob Addict

by Dr_Hfuhruhurr » 11 Sep 2016 08:39

paultheroyal
Sutekh We have a problem with the fact that Habsi is not suited to this style, he lacks confidence on the ball. It is not helped by the fact that our outfield players keep passing the ball back to him and then leave massive gaps between him and a passing opportunity. Also if Habsi thinks about what to do he seems to get confused rather than just moving the ball out quickly

On top of that the belmonts in the stands getting on the player's back doesn't help even though it's understandable given the utterly ineffective passing styles we had with Adkins, Clarke etc.

So give it a chance, STOP BOOING and try supporting for a change.

For all the reasons quoted by various people I agree with the angst towards booing, pathetic.

For those saying we did this with Adkins and this is worse, you are wrong.the fact we are sitting 3rd (probably 9th at 4:50pm) tells its own story.

We are exceeding expectations.

Let's have the e-i-e-i-e-i-o chant on Tuesday for a change.....

This is nothing to do with league position. I agree with JMW and Leon - its a history thing.
If you want success or top flight football you can just get a SKY subscription or do what fickle Reading fans have done through the eras, and follow a London club. The fact is, the appeal about Reading to some supporters is that it is a local club for local people, and is much a part of the Reading soap opera as reading the crap on Get Reading, or spotting Elvis in town.

The worst thing about Reading in the last 5 years is not that we've dropped a division but we have slowly seen the departure of all the personalities who care about us, and replaced them with personnel who would be just as happy playing here, or at Huddersfield or at Southampton. Jaap's PR problems are not only just that he has the poison chalice of replacing the only manager in the last five years who understood what local football is, but first impressions are that Jaap is much the same as the other managers. He's put half our academy graduates out on loan and replaced them with more players that nobody has heard of. The problem with pissing about with the ball at the back is that it was a style favoured by our recent managers as an obvious ploy not to lose games (rather than win them) and, frankly, its completely boring now.

I actually agree, ironically, with the OP and the general feel on here , Stam is probably hard done by. I have a (gut) feeling that Stam will prove to be alright, tbh. Unlike Atkins and Clarke, he has something to prove. But he's got to deal with this, and maybe dealing with this will make him a better manager. I would recommend trying to get the club closer to the supporters, but this is 21st Century football, so Im not actually expecting that will ever happen. We're just cash machines nowadays.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 11 Sep 2016 09:46

leon
John Madejski's Wallet The problem is there's a weight of history here. 3 of our last 4 managers have tried to get us playing possession football and they have been utterly painful seasons. Now we have a new manager apparently trying to get us 'playing a new style' when its just the same style previous managers failed to succeed with.

This is where I'm coming from. I'm bored of enduring a series of managers trying to play a system that never works and failing, At quite a cost to the club.

Tommy Burns tried it, Rodgers tried it, Adkins, Clarke all tried and failed. Who were the ones who were successful?

Pardew, Coppell, Brian.

(OK and McGhee whose team were fcuking brilliant and could pass the ball. So there is some hope, but they ATTACKED)

And it took MM TWO WHOLE seasons to get to that passing team he wanted in 93-94. Both of those seasons exhibiting performances of dire crap veering to something quite special but generally improving game on game and certainly season on season.

So give JS and the team some slack to build something.

Maneki Neko
Hob Nob Legend

by Maneki Neko » 11 Sep 2016 10:34

You can't just lump all passing football into 1 category.
The football is different to that of Rodgers and adkins. Mainly because Stam has bought a load of players he knows are more comfortable on the ball.
And you cant dismiss a whole style if football because it doesnt work here. Thats a mad thing for a scientist to say.theres nothing special about reading that means any ine system wont work.

Agree on the weight of history being involved in the booing. But booing a current team because the last few years have been shit is still silly.
Also, that game is a terrible game to Base your opinion on, literally the worst home performance.
The rest have shown real promise.
Yes we pass back. But when weve pulled the oppo out of shape amd made space we have attacked with real purpose(albeit toothless, through lack of striker)

198 posts