BFTG - 'uddersfield

139 posts
Royal Ginger
Hob Nob Addict

Re: BFTG - 'uddersfield

by Royal Ginger » 25 Sep 2016 12:28

bobby1413
Royal Ginger Enjoyed it today but spent whole of half time queueing on the concourse. The agency staff need better supervision.

This has been going on years. What is it like as a home fan at bigger clubs?

How do Chelsea/Man United/Liverpool fans get served at half time? I don't know why it's so bad. It's hardly a shock is it... They don't suddenly get caught off guard as 6000 fans (or whatever) come at half time.

Maybe they should sell bottles or something? I went to the Olympic stadium (West Ham ground) over the summer for a rugby game (it was shit), but they had massive buckets everywhere with ice and bottles in where you just threw £4 at the person next to it and grabbed one. It took around 1 second to get your drink.

On a separate note I bought a beer at the bit outside the east stand and also a bottle of water. Water cost £2.10 - nearly had a heart attack.

It's not even the pint pouring speed that was the main issue (although it was a issue), the big toothed woman with no name badge (which i assume either means she's agency staff or can't be trusted with the pointy end of a badge) dithered over which button to push on the till repeatedly. The kid last week got his phone out to start doing calculations when the till seemingly surprised him as it popped open.

I use agency staff in a catering operation and yes 8/10 of them are hopeless, that's why they get given the carrying tasks whilst the regulars use the till. It's bad supervision. I got a real bee in my bonnet about this yesterday.

Terrier

by Terrier » 25 Sep 2016 12:55

Afternoon. Town fan here. Thought it was a good game yesterday. Pretty even for 20 minutes before the red card. Daft from VLP but poor from the ref - he was away and pulled down so definitely deserved a booking. No idea what he said but Wells clearly heard and thought he was out of order. You then we're all over us for 25 minutes and we were lucky to get in at half time 1 down.

Wagner clearly got us in order to play with 10 and we probably deserved a point by full time. As is often the case none of the scraps fell for us though and it wasn't to be. Our lack of depth upfront showed (we only have 2 strikers) and, as they were already on, we resorted to 2 CBs up top and went route 1.

I've no doubt if the same had occurred last season we'd have lost 4/5-0. Like yourselves we are well organised, with no 'star' players, just a good, honest squad who are very fit. In a league where all teams can beat each other that will hopefully get us a long way. We've also got a great spirit and the connection between the club and fans has never been better. The response at full time was one I've not seen too often after we've just lost.

All in all an enjoyable day, although the head is a bit thick today after a night out in Reading centre.

Enjoy the season.

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 25 Sep 2016 13:19

leon
Ian Royal Williams is the worst kind of presenter, only looking to stir up controversy and create an argument.

Dellor's just too emotionally invested and happy to be 'in' with the players, staff and ex-players. Fans don't make good commentators or pundits.

Gooding is far and away the best, but even he's only decent by any reasonable expectation of what you should be getting.

I have absolutely no problem with any of them. I think people just like to complain because they don't have anything better to do.

Agreed. Apart from Adie who is a complete arsehole they are fine. I'd rather listen to someone who has a bit of passion than some robotic commentator.

Then again Ian seems to be a very boring person so I can see why he would want to listen to another dullard rather than someone who displays a bit of passion and emotion.

blueroyals
Hob Nob Regular

by blueroyals » 25 Sep 2016 13:42

It's local radio. Who do you expect? Ant and f*cking Dec? Have you guys listened to the other local station's commentary? I'd take those 3 any day

SCIAG
Hob Nob Addict

by SCIAG » 25 Sep 2016 13:46

My problem with the BBCRB coverage is that the presenters all seem to lack a basic grasp on the facts. Passion's all well and good but I'd also want them to be fair and know their stuff.

It doesn't bother me much because I don't listen to them very often (sometimes after a match, but only a feelgood win) but they spend so long struggling with the basics. Obviously it's tough when you can't just Google everything but I'd expect them to know who is or isn't on loan, for example.

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 25 Sep 2016 14:24

Rita: We've had a tweet in from Buck in Burghfield asking why Jack Stacey hasn't featured much this season.

Adi: That's a great tweet Tim.

Tim: A great tweet Adi.

Adi: What's the answer then Tim?

Tim: I'm not sure Adi. We certainly haven't seen him for a while.

Every Reading supporter in the world: (screaming) He's on loan at fcuking Exeter you muppets!!!!! :twisted:

Adi: Maybe you could find out then Tim.

Tim: I think I'll ask the manager that one later.

Adi: That's a good idea Tim. What a great tweet from Buck.

Rita: Keep 'em coming.

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 25 Sep 2016 14:34

Royal Rother Rita: We've had a tweet in from Buck in Burghfield asking why Jack Stacey hasn't featured much this season.

Every Reading supporter in the world: (screaming) He's on loan at fcuking Exeter you muppets!!!!! :twisted:

Maybe you and Ian could do the show.

After all you're both experts on football and broadcasting.

Oilroyal
Hob Nob Regular

by Oilroyal » 25 Sep 2016 15:13

It's not a case of posting on here for something to moan about. BBCRB "wait for it" Adi, and the "Weading legend" Mick Gooding, and that embarrassing local at the studio Rita really are kack. At least Dellor is factual even if a little emotional at times. I often listen to the opposition commentary which only serves to make Dellor and co even more enapt.

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 25 Sep 2016 15:14

Royal Rother Rita: We've had a tweet in from Buck in Burghfield asking why Jack Stacey hasn't featured much this season.

Jesus if you read it in their voices this is actually spot on :lol:

tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

by tidus_mi2 » 25 Sep 2016 15:18

CountryRoyal

Jesus if you read it in their voices this is actually spot on :lol:

I certainly couldn't decide if it was true or not.

bobby1413
Hob Nob Addict

by bobby1413 » 25 Sep 2016 15:41

I've stopped listening to BBCRB on the way to/from games now. I think the three of them are the best we could hope for but I do find it frustrating listening to them. Particularly Adie and have to agree totally that he does seem to just want to create a debate from nothing, but I won't moan too much as he's doing his best and I think it's great having ex players involved.

One thing I've said before is that it would be great if they had fans on as guests - proper fans, not Peter from Sonning Common who is fed up with fans swearing and unsavory behaviour at games.

Say every week, 1 fan joins them either for the build up, or for the whole game just to give their view as a fan.

Lower West
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Lower West » 25 Sep 2016 15:59

Royal Rother Over to Dillon - he said he was very impressed by Huddersfield but that it was "an exceptionally poor performance" from Reading. Very disappointed. Had expected to see something good from this team but it was much worse than when he'd seen us against Cardiff, Preston and Ipswich....

Seems a fair summarisation. Stam has some way to go to prove himself as a manager. Whole focus at the moment is developing a style of play along with taking no risks with players , ( i.e. knowing that both Swift and Joey were to be subbed). Doubt there'll be the same support once the opposition have us worked out and we lose a few games on the trot.

Royal Ginger
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal Ginger » 25 Sep 2016 16:08

Oilroyal It's not a case of posting on here for something to moan about. BBCRB "wait for it" Adi, and the "Weading legend" Mick Gooding, and that embarrassing local at the studio Rita really are kack. At least Dellor is factual even if a little emotional at times. I often listen to the opposition commentary which only serves to make Dellor and co even more enapt.

Inept*

WAZZOCK

by WAZZOCK » 25 Sep 2016 16:21

The problem with Adie is that he has such a big chip on his shoulder.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 25 Sep 2016 16:38

blueroyals It's local radio. Who do you expect? Ant and f*cking Dec? Have you guys listened to the other local station's commentary? I'd take those 3 any day

Yeah, a few. They were way better.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 25 Sep 2016 16:41

bobby1413 I've stopped listening to BBCRB on the way to/from games now. I think the three of them are the best we could hope for but I do find it frustrating listening to them. Particularly Adie and have to agree totally that he does seem to just want to create a debate from nothing, but I won't moan too much as he's doing his best and I think it's great having ex players involved.

One thing I've said before is that it would be great if they had fans on as guests - proper fans, not Peter from Sonning Common who is fed up with fans swearing and unsavory behaviour at games.

Say every week, 1 fan joins them either for the build up, or for the whole game just to give their view as a fan.

Christ no. Fans should be kept as far away from broadcasting about their team as possible.

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 25 Sep 2016 16:47

Oilroyal It's not a case of posting on here for something to moan about. BBCRB "wait for it" Adi, and the "Weading legend" Mick Gooding, and that embarrassing local at the studio Rita really are kack. At least Dellor is factual even if a little emotional at times. I often listen to the opposition commentary which only serves to make Dellor and co even more enapt.

Rita had a mare yesterday.
Calling the Arsenal game result at 5:45 and had the latest score just before 6pm at the Liberty stadium

Half Biscuit

by Half Biscuit » 25 Sep 2016 17:03

Terrier Afternoon. Town fan here. Thought it was a good game yesterday. Pretty even for 20 minutes before the red card. Daft from VLP but poor from the ref - he was away and pulled down so definitely deserved a booking. No idea what he said but Wells clearly heard and thought he was out of order. You then we're all over us for 25 minutes and we were lucky to get in at half time 1 down.

Wagner clearly got us in order to play with 10 and we probably deserved a point by full time. As is often the case none of the scraps fell for us though and it wasn't to be. Our lack of depth upfront showed (we only have 2 strikers) and, as they were already on, we resorted to 2 CBs up top and went route 1.

I've no doubt if the same had occurred last season we'd have lost 4/5-0. Like yourselves we are well organised, with no 'star' players, just a good, honest squad who are very fit. In a league where all teams can beat each other that will hopefully get us a long way. We've also got a great spirit and the connection between the club and fans has never been better. The response at full time was one I've not seen too often after we've just lost.

All in all an enjoyable day, although the head is a bit thick today after a night out in Reading centre.

Enjoy the season.

Cheers Terrier. As you may have noticed, your team and your fans have made a pretty good impression down here. Wish there were more like you.

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 25 Sep 2016 18:30

leon

Maybe you and Ian could do the show.

After all you're both experts on football and broadcasting.

:|

They are PAID to know about Reading FC, which also happens to be the club they support. I am paid to do something else, support another club yet I know more about the fringe and Academy players than they do.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 25 Sep 2016 18:35

I keep thinking, imagine if we had kept Tshibola. Him in the midfield trio with Swift and VDB would be immense.

139 posts