BFTG - QPR (a)

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: BFTG - QPR (a)

by CountryRoyal » 16 Oct 2016 13:55

FAO those singing "he's always offside he's always offside yann kermorgant he's always offside"

Literally fukk off.

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 16 Oct 2016 14:43

CountryRoyal FAO those singing "he's always offside he's always offside yann kermorgant he's always offside"

Literally fukk off.

'greed

It should be, "he's always offside, he's always offside, Roy Beerens he's always offside"

bobby1413
Hob Nob Addict

by bobby1413 » 16 Oct 2016 15:46

Surprised at the police presence in and around ground/Shepherds bush. I guess I'm used to home games where's there's only 5-6 police officers and not many more in town.

It was like Brentford, police everywhere. Walking away after and the street was lined with them.

Just an observation ...

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 16 Oct 2016 19:52

tonyrfc In with the Rangers fans and didn't get a clear view of the Gunter elbow? incident. Did anybody see clearly what happened ?

Will call it an aggressive use of the arm....

Not a proper red card elbows but more of a stick out my arm to let you know I am here etc

eleventh earl of mar

by eleventh earl of mar » 16 Oct 2016 20:08

bobby1413 Al Habsi: 7/10 nothign obvious but his distribution wasn't great

Gunter: 8/10 - Pretty good I thought, the best of the back four

Blackett: - 6/10 - Not great, he looked off pace and not good enough

Moore: 7/10 - did his job but nothing more

Beerens: 6/10 - average, nowt special
Van den berg: 7/10 - average
Williams: 8/10 one of the best on the pitch - very good

Swift: 7/10 - average, struggled to really get involved
Kemit: 8/10 - good, at times he looked completely out paced but he put the most effort in I think out of all the squad

Steve_Upper_West We missed McShane today - Gunter was the only one of the back 4 not making mistakes.

Al Habsi's distribution was wayward to say the least.

Have no idea how Blackett gets in the side ahead of Jordan.

Thought we were going to nick it towards the end but it wasn't to be... :(

Interesting to see how one player is marked as 6 with a comment of "average" and two other players are marked 7 with a comment of "average". Ant chance of explaining your marking system please?

el_presidente

by el_presidente » 17 Oct 2016 09:15

Worth noting that QPR pressed very high up the pitch for the full 90 minutes. Other teams have tried this season but then faded. QPR's discipline meant we had to be much more direct and there was very little passing it around the back. Al-Habsi probably kicked long more times in this match than all the other games put together. This meant Evans was bypassed for a lot of the game, and Williams & Swift played higher up the pitch.

I think it is credit to how well the side has progressed that we seemed to cope fairly easily with this significant change in strategy. I assume this was purely down to QPR's approach, but it will be interesting to see on Tuesday if we revert to type or whether Stam has decided that getting it forward more quickly is now required.

East Grinstead Royal

by East Grinstead Royal » 17 Oct 2016 13:01

There were a few moments where we looked really sharp in the middle - short, quick passes that tied QPR in knots. Unfortunately, these moments either ended with our own players being tied in knots as well, or with us being caught offside. However, I do see the positives, and can see we are starting to function as a team rather than a bunch of individuals.

It was my 18y.o. son's first visit to Loftus Road. Bit of an eye-opener for him - an away game 80s style. Police everywhere as we approached the ground; a cage in the street for away fans to be frisked; primitive catering facilities with nowhere to queue; totally inadequate seating; 10 minute queue to get out at full time. Proper football.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 17 Oct 2016 13:17

eleventh earl of mar

Kemit: 8/10 - good, at times he looked completely out paced but he put the most effort in I think out of all the squad

Steve_Upper_West We missed McShane today - Gunter was the only one of the back 4 not making mistakes.

Interesting to see how one player is marked as 6 with a comment of "average" and two other players are marked 7 with a comment of "average". Ant chance of explaining your marking system please?

This is why ! proposed moving towards marks out of 100.. Or that average should be considered 5.

bcubed
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by bcubed » 17 Oct 2016 13:25

eleventh earl of mar

I'm guessing the answer might be along the lines of:

its not that scientific mate
or
what do you want, a different description for every single numerical rating?!
or
are you a teacher?!

Forbury Lion
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Forbury Lion » 17 Oct 2016 13:55

Is Top Flight back from the game yet or do we need to send a search party? - Apologies if he's already reported in, but I've not seen it mentioned anywhere.

oh_ROAR

by oh_ROAR » 17 Oct 2016 14:56

I've not always been his biggest fan this season but I think this was Williams' best performance in a while, the same goes for Gunter.
Polter bullied Moore and VDB all afternoon. Can't help but feel the game was crying out for a substitution in the last 20 a real shame not to see Samuel thrown on. Seemed to have three men trying to cross the ball with only a very static Kermorgant in the box!

arthurfondrelli

by arthurfondrelli » 17 Oct 2016 18:38

Had to watch this in the QPR end as made a last minute decision to go

Al Habsi - 4 - really poor kicking, even when he had time

Gunter - 6 - steady
Van den Berg - 7 - thought he had a good game against a physical Poulter. Don't agree with the love for Poulter on here, don't think I've ever seen him have a good game
Moore - 7 - oozes confidence
Blackett - 5 - made a few risky decisions, especially first half

McCleary - 6 - always looked a threat, but not too much end product
Swift - 7 - good on the ball, few nice touches and passes
Evans - 7 - solid
Williams - 8 - nice to see a bit more purpose in his runs on Sat
Beerens - 6 - see McCleary, probably should have scored

Kermorgant - 6 - not much of a threat going forward, but think we will miss his defending from set-pieces if he does indeed get replaced

Subs:
Obita - 7 - looked bright when he came on
Harriott - 6 - not enough time to make an impact really

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 18 Oct 2016 20:14

Looks like a couple of hairy moments from the highlights, but otherwise loads of opportunities not quite taken, at least partly due to good defending from QPR. Beerens could have had two, Kermorgant unlucky to be squeezed out by Onoua on a header that probably otherwise was in. Couple of possible chances for McCleary.

Some inventive play, but also some front to back to switch things up and exploit space in behind from the high press. It's only 10 minutes highlights, and obviously goals are still a problem, but it looked like they were learning when to play to plan and when to choose something else to take advantage of a situation.