The King of Thailand

Forbury Lion
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

Re: The King of Thailand

by Forbury Lion » 03 Nov 2016 09:59

Customerservice@readingfc.co.uk:
[color=#0000FF]Thank you for contacting Reading Football Club.

As far as I am aware, there aren’t any plans to do any more. Whilst the mourning period officially lasts for a year, the first month is hugely significant, hence two matches which included a minute’s silence.
Perhaps if they had communicated this to us fans we might have been more understanding and less surprised..... maybe they tried and I just wasn't visiting the website at the right time to read it.

I guess we should do at least the same then for our monarch when the day finally arrives, although I would be more in favor of the National Anthem being played with words on the screen for those who don't know every line of every verse word for word.... although whether we would sing Queen or King would be up for debate, I guess if it's pre-coronation we sign Queen, although God Save the Queen after her passing might be a bit of a meaningless request.

SCIAG
Hob Nob Addict

by SCIAG » 04 Nov 2016 17:02

No more meaningless than saying it before her passing :?

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 04 Nov 2016 19:25

And another thing.

What's with saying passing instead of saying dying or death or passing away?

It's another fcuking Americanism and I for one, am sick of it.

Next we'll be saying math and pronouncing Z Zee.

Fcuks sake.

Paul Cowin

by Paul Cowin » 06 Nov 2016 10:52

I just don't understand the short memories many of you posters have.

We went to Thailand to play at the beginning of last season and were very well received, they even painted a big bus with our logos all over it.

We are well respected here, it's a great country and I am blessed to be able to live here.

The King meant EVERYTHING to the Thai people he did an awful lot of good work for the poor, got his hands dirty so to speak, he had done far more for his subjects than our Monarch has ever done, that is why he is so revered, and some of you talk out of ignorance of these things, well continue to be ignorant. The Thai's that own our club were just showing respect for their beloved King, no more, no less, deal with it

The Royal Forester
Hob Nob Regular

by The Royal Forester » 06 Nov 2016 14:57

Forbury Lion
Customerservice@readingfc.co.uk:
[color=#0000FF]Thank you for contacting Reading Football Club.

As far as I am aware, there aren’t any plans to do any more. Whilst the mourning period officially lasts for a year, the first month is hugely significant, hence two matches which included a minute’s silence.
Perhaps if they had communicated this to us fans we might have been more understanding and less surprised..... maybe they tried and I just wasn't visiting the website at the right time to read it.

I guess we should do at least the same then for our monarch when the day finally arrives, although I would be more in favor of the National Anthem being played with words on the screen for those who don't know every line of every verse word for word.... although whether we would sing Queen or King would be up for debate, I guess if it's pre-coronation we sign Queen, although God Save the Queen after her passing might be a bit of a meaningless request.

As the new Monarch ascends to the throne on the death of the old one , you should be singing Long Live the King from the moment the passing of the Queen is announced.

Jack Celliers
Hob Nob Regular

by Jack Celliers » 06 Nov 2016 15:24

Once the Queen dies, that's it: no more monarchy for me. I'll quite happily give the Queen a minute's silence, but I won't sing or stand for God Save the King. I presume I would just have to wait in the concourse, if I am going to manage this without causing offence at football matches where the anthem is played.

madstadblues

by madstadblues » 06 Nov 2016 16:55

Personally, I am more concerned about the 90 minutes of silence demonstrated by Reading fans at most home games. :?

windermere_royal
Hob Nob Regular

by windermere_royal » 06 Nov 2016 17:03

We should all be thankful that the strict Thai la majeste rules rules are not applied in this country. we could well have some board members serving significent jail sentences.