148 posts
Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

Re: Fair play to the club

by Ian Royal » 30 Oct 2016 12:32

jt_1871
AthleticoSpizz
OldBiscuit
Interesting statement, please elaborate. What exactly does grow up mean in this context?

Let's make one thing clear, a grass is about as popular as a scorpion in a lucky dip barrel and always has been. The problem of grassing is even highlighted in the Bible with Judas paying the ultimate price.
Can you seriously say that your average classroom tell tale tit was an acceptable friend at school?
not sure what age that your username alludes to....but.....why are you getting involved in this juvenile sh1t anyway.

My point still stands....."grass"......grassing-up........is so 1980 Ronnie Barker stuff

Once in a while the PIGS/authorities need to be informed of unacceptable situations.

(If I witnessed your house being burgled by your neighbour whilst you are away, would you rather I not dial 999?
If that makes me a "grass" (lol) then so be it.....)

I think that many of the others here have done a better job of explaining the "context"

+1

Well played Spizz

Scutterbucketz
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Scutterbucketz » 30 Oct 2016 14:24

I just hope the "no crisis" argument washes with the club.

Personally, I'm not 100% convinced. It's a good effort though.

I once got caught at school reading an offensive comic called "Smut". The French teacher who caught me wrote in my book. "Caught him reading "Smut" magazine in class. Please discipline." And sent me to the headmaster. On the way to his office I took out a pen and changed it to "Shoot" magazine, which would get me out of a fair bit of trouble. And my plan would have worked if the French teacher and the headmaster never spoke to each other again.

But you've got to try though. Desperate times and all that.

boycey

by boycey » 30 Oct 2016 14:27

we should be forced to play behind closed doors and banned from all European competition .

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 30 Oct 2016 14:45

Scutterbucketz I just hope the "no crisis" argument washes with the club.

Personally, I'm not 100% convinced. It's a good effort though.

I once got caught at school reading an offensive comic called "Smut". The French teacher who caught me wrote in my book. "Caught him reading "Smut" magazine in class. Please discipline." And sent me to the headmaster. On the way to his office I took out a pen and changed it to "Shoot" magazine, which would get me out of a fair bit of trouble. And my plan would have worked if the French teacher and the headmaster never spoke to each other again.

But you've got to try though. Desperate times and all that.

Chuckles

tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

by tidus_mi2 » 30 Oct 2016 14:59

Certainly the right decision made by the club, however, the more I think about it, I would say I don't believe the ones involved in this were trying to abuse AAH but they ignorantly believed it was clever to make the chant. I would say as long as this is their first major offence, ban them for the season which should get the message across that what they did is unacceptable.

Of course if they are intolerant dicks and were authentically abusing AAH they will probably slip up again in the future, that would be the point to just outright ban them.

Mr.Swainey

by Mr.Swainey » 30 Oct 2016 17:41

McDermolenko
Nameless There was a group near me and one lad was trying to start the ISIS chant (he was wearing a darkish orange coat, had a beard and glasses). His mates one of whom wore a rather incongruous deerstalker hat), ignored him.

???

Stop being a oxf*rd grass.

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 30 Oct 2016 17:55

Grow up and stop blaming everyone else for your actions.

Mr.Swainey

by Mr.Swainey » 30 Oct 2016 18:05

sandman Grow up and stop blaming everyone else for your actions.

If hanging was still about, you lot would be sending people to the gallows with absolutely no evidence to back up their claims.

tmesis
Hob Nob Regular

by tmesis » 30 Oct 2016 21:30

As thick as they sound, it does come across as woefully misguided humour rather than actual abuse. They probably thought Al-Habsi would find it funny.

Fans can be a bit dim, after all. I recall a few years back when Chris Tarrant was in the away end at West Ham, shortly after his marriage break-up. Some fans got the hump because he didn't appear to like their "banter" in his direction about it.

On the other hand, going to games dressed like a Green Street extra ought to be grounds for a ban of fair length, or as least a caning across the eyes.

TFF
Hob Nob Addict

by TFF » 30 Oct 2016 22:50

I really don't see the relevance of b8ing Tarrant. He put his dick in the wrong woman, got outed in the press and then went to a football match.
Tough shit.

It's really not comparable to mocking someone's race/religion.

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 31 Oct 2016 00:30

TFF I really don't see the relevance of b8ing Tarrant. He put his dick in the wrong woman, got outed in the press and then went to a football match.
Tough shit.

I think the post was highlighting the massive dickheadness of football fans.

Chanting any sort of shit about ISIS to our goalkeeper who is Muslim really is fcuking moronic on a level that is quite spectacularly low. ie wnaker London club levels - eg West Ham/Chelsea. Seriously we're better than those cnuts.

Maguire
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Maguire » 31 Oct 2016 09:46

TFF I really don't see the relevance of b8ing Tarrant. He put his dick in the wrong woman, got outed in the press and then went to a football match.
Tough shit.

That Chris Tarrant stuff was embarrassing. Bloke's an actual Reading fan, you'd think we could manage a nod and a "hello mate" rather than spending the whole of half time abusing him.

Maguire
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Maguire » 31 Oct 2016 09:48

PS I like the way RFC thinks stopping people going to their games is a punishment. It's a sweet blessed relief.

Scutterbucketz
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Scutterbucketz » 31 Oct 2016 10:02

Poor Chris Tarrant. He really took our relegation back to the Championship hard. Coupled with the mindless and unnecessary abuse he suffered that day he has never ever returned.

Fezza

by Fezza » 31 Oct 2016 10:06

leon
Tough shit.

I think the post was highlighting the massive dickheadness of football fans.

Chanting any sort of shit about ISIS to our goalkeeper who is Muslim really is fcuking moronic on a level that is quite spectacularly low. ie wnaker London club levels - eg West Ham/Chelsea. Seriously we're better than those cnuts.

+1

TFF
Hob Nob Addict

by TFF » 31 Oct 2016 10:40

Maguire
Tough shit.

That Chris Tarrant stuff was embarrassing. Bloke's an actual Reading fan, you'd think we could manage a nod and a "hello mate" rather than spending the whole of half time abusing him.

To be clear, I'm not condoning the treatment of CT but questioning its relevance in a discussion about racist chanting directed towards AAH

Forbury Lion
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Forbury Lion » 31 Oct 2016 11:16

boycey FFS
these are about as close to RFC have to real football lads
Which one are you?

Forbury Lion
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Forbury Lion » 31 Oct 2016 11:32

If they were chanting that Al Habsi is not ISIS, which is a true fact then it was misguided and shows a lack of intelligence amongst those who started the chant and joined in - like all chants, some join in without understanding all the words so it isn't always clear cut.

I'd say punishment is due and the club have to be seen to be dishing out punishment. However I feel intent has to be taken into account and I don't believe it was intended as a racial attack on Al Habsi anymore than football chants about stabbing/shooting Swindon fans is anything more than a throwaway chant.

A precedent was set with the Back the Burbs and make some noise song sheets from Palace away all those years ago and the songs about John Salako and the Reading so called superfan, Paul Black. Not sure what the outcome was for those fans.

bobby1413
Hob Nob Addict

by bobby1413 » 31 Oct 2016 12:39

Forbury Lion A precedent was set with the Back the Burbs and make some noise song sheets from Palace away all those years ago and the songs about John Salako and the Reading so called superfan, Paul Black. Not sure what the outcome was for those fans.

What was this about? Don't recall this

RG30
Hob Nob Addict

by RG30 » 31 Oct 2016 13:30

Why did the club not sack John Mackie when he racially abused Carl Asaba back in 2002?

148 posts