BFTG-Bristol city.

132 posts
taipairoyal

Re: BFTG-Bristol city.

by taipairoyal » 26 Nov 2016 22:06

Nameless When Ali made his 'wonder save' there was a spontaneous standing ovation in the Eamon Dolan. Well deserved, he really is quite a keeper !

Yes agree, I was watching high up in the north stand B12, it was something special and certainly brightened up an otherwise poor game. We looked the slightly better side in the first half and got lucky with a very dubious penalty, second half we were reeling. Overall I think a draw would have been a fairer reflection. Based on this and other recent performances I think Reading may finish top half but NOT in the play offs. MOTM Chris Gunter.

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 26 Nov 2016 22:30

RoyalBlue
windermere_royal
Westwood52 Ref: Abysmal again.

Please enlighten us to what he actually did wrong?. I thought he was one of the better refs we will see this season.

Waved away the penalty for starters - thank goodness for Bristol City's favourite Assistant Ref!

Waved advantage when one of just two players we had breaking forward was flattened and left on the ground leaving the other player to take on three defenders on his own!

Being balanced, missed a clear handball in our area by one of our players in the first half. Let AH get away with murder in terms of holding ball in hands and general time wasting.

He didn't wave away penalty. He waited and waited and the assistant signalled so you got that wrong.

He correctly called advantage when fouled (not flattened) and at time we were only facing one defender but we slowed the move down so can't blame referee for that. So you got that wrong.

Not aware of any handball blatant in first half and as Habsi was warned about time wasting and then pretty much sped up within reason... so you got that wrong too.

So yeah, abysmal ref!

Scutterbucketz
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Scutterbucketz » 26 Nov 2016 22:34

Muskrat
Scutterbucketz Whatever it is, this is a tight league and we could win it. Much like we did in 2011. Anyone who's not religiously opposed to gambling should stick at least a tenner on it.

We didn't win it 2011 :|

Whenever it was. I forget.

Platypuss
Hob Nob Moderator
Location: No one cares about your creative hub, so get your fukcin' hedge cut

by Platypuss » 26 Nov 2016 22:35

Ian Royal
Royal Ginger McShane was MOTM. Made some really crucial tackles. It was blood and guts stuff for most of the defence. I'm still not sure on Blackett.

Thoroughly enjoyed their no 2 having an Ian Harte gif moment on the corner of our box in the first half.

Sat at the other end, but the penatly looked a bit iffy from where I was. It'll be interesting to see the replay.

From the highlights it had a touch of the Shane Long's about it. Bit of contact, theatrical fall as if leg scythed out.

Indeed. Longtastic.

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 26 Nov 2016 22:37

taipairoyal
Nameless When Ali made his 'wonder save' there was a spontaneous standing ovation in the Eamon Dolan. Well deserved, he really is quite a keeper !

Yes agree, I was watching high up in the north stand B12, it was something special and certainly brightened up an otherwise poor game.

Poor game? I am confused. Why was that a poor game? Help me out here.

tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

by tidus_mi2 » 26 Nov 2016 22:37

paultheroyal
taipairoyal

Yes agree, I was watching high up in the north stand B12, it was something special and certainly brightened up an otherwise poor game.

Ignore the troll.

3points
Hob Nob Regular

by 3points » 26 Nov 2016 22:56

I may be wrong but didn't the east stand Lino flag the attacker as offside for AAH's wonder save? We got a fee kick ( or WA sit a goal kick from the save). Haven't seen the replay but initially thought it would have been a corner. But my sequence of events may have been out

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 26 Nov 2016 23:21

3points I may be wrong but didn't the east stand Lino flag the attacker as offside for AAH's wonder save? We got a fee kick ( or WA sit a goal kick from the save). Haven't seen the replay but initially thought it would have been a corner. But my sequence of events may have been out

Think lino flagged for a GK. El-Habso saved, parried it onto their player's head, and went out of play.

taipairoyal

by taipairoyal » 26 Nov 2016 23:24

paultheroyal
taipairoyal

No, help yourself, be there and watch it live.

Vicky Pollard

by Vicky Pollard » 26 Nov 2016 23:58

paultheroyal
RoyalBlue
windermere_royal
Please enlighten us to what he actually did wrong?. I thought he was one of the better refs we will see this season.

Waved away the penalty for starters - thank goodness for Bristol City's favourite Assistant Ref!

Waved advantage when one of just two players we had breaking forward was flattened and left on the ground leaving the other player to take on three defenders on his own!

Being balanced, missed a clear handball in our area by one of our players in the first half. Let AH get away with murder in terms of holding ball in hands and general time wasting.

He didn't wave away penalty. He waited and waited and the assistant signalled so you got that wrong.

He correctly called advantage when fouled (not flattened) and at time we were only facing one defender but we slowed the move down so can't blame referee for that. So you got that wrong.

Not aware of any handball blatant in first half and as Habsi was warned about time wasting and then pretty much sped up within reason... so you got that wrong too.

So yeah, abysmal ref!

I didn't see Al Habsi speeding up to be honest, think a yellow would have been entirely warranted.

I thought the pen was harsh, and would have been pretty fuming if it was given against us.

The worst decision of the match though was the goal kick given in the second half- a clear corner won by Beerens! But fair play to him, he made the wrong call with complete confidence. Overall, I would rate the officials as OK, which is about as good as it gets.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 27 Nov 2016 00:01

That's never a penalty in a million years.

bobby1413
Hob Nob Addict

by bobby1413 » 27 Nov 2016 00:04

taipairoyal

[/quote]

Bloody hell. I hate this sort of stuff... that's a dive and no excuses.

windermere_royal
Hob Nob Regular

by windermere_royal » 27 Nov 2016 00:13

bobby1413
taipairoyal

Bloody hell. I hate this sort of stuff... that's a dive and no excuses.[/quote]

Don`t think it was a dive, accidental clip. causing him to go down. never a pen though.

TFF
Hob Nob Addict

by TFF » 27 Nov 2016 00:17

bobby1413 Bloody hell. I hate this sort of stuff... that's a dive and no excuses.

No, the two players' paths cross with Samuel going after the ball and the defender going near post. Samuel's heel is clipped causing his feet to tangle.

Foul.

rob_dawson

by rob_dawson » 27 Nov 2016 00:32

TFF
bobby1413 Bloody hell. I hate this sort of stuff... that's a dive and no excuses.

No, the two players' paths cross with Samuel going after the ball and the defender going near post. Samuel's heel is clipped causing his feet to tangle.

Foul.

You're saying it's afoul? Really?

It looks like a dive to me...

Kitsondinho
Hob Nob Addict
Location: at a cricket ground somewhere around the country........

by Kitsondinho » 27 Nov 2016 08:32

If it isn't a dive, it certainly isn't a foul. We'd (rightly) be furious if one was given against us like that. The touch on Samuel is minimal at best.....

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 27 Nov 2016 08:49

Kitsondinho If it isn't a dive, it certainly isn't a foul. We'd (rightly) be furious if one was given against us like that. The touch on Samuel is minimal at best.....

Lee Johnson's view as the Bristol City manager was “It was two players running for the ball, the striker’s legs get tangled up as he cuts across the defender and falls over. No complaints, yet it’s a penalty." So I think that it isn't a dive, Samuel got caught up with the defender or lost his footing and tumbled down, there certainly didn't appear to be a reaction from him or anyone appealing for a penalty.

Given the split second the officials have to make a decision the linesman thought he saw Magnusson clip Samuel's heels either deliberately or accidentally. Harsh decision I think but it's one of those things we've had given against us down the years as much as Bristol City would have benefitted from. And yet it's one of the best things about the game, human error, was it/wasn't it? The day that things like that get taken away and replaced by video technology is the day the game should be packed in.

Samuel is all about speed and has a lightweight presence in my opinion, and when running at full pelt I don't think it would be too difficult to "dislodge" him. That is a part of his game he needs to work on otherwise he's going to get a lot of attention from referees and fans for perceived diving - which may or may not be warranted.

Question. If Kermorgant is fit next week would you start with him or Samuel?

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 27 Nov 2016 08:58

To be honest that clip is not very helpful.
You cannot really see whether he is clipped because the image quality is too poor and it needs to run on another couple of seconds to see Samuel's reaction.
It isn't a question of it being either a penalty or a dive, there is a third option.

Irvinchangeyaname

by Irvinchangeyaname » 27 Nov 2016 09:07

Sutekh Question. If Kermorgant is fit next week would you start with him or Samuel?

With Moore suspended I think we'll need Kermorgant's defensive abilities IMO.

Platypuss
Hob Nob Moderator
Location: No one cares about your creative hub, so get your fukcin' hedge cut

by Platypuss » 27 Nov 2016 09:08

For me there's a clear second movement from Samuel.

132 posts