Anyone For Chinese?

948 posts
JIM

Re: Anyone For Chinese?

by JIM » 27 Jan 2017 09:13

Out of interest, How long will it take PL/FL TO VET 30 Million share holders if Southampton get the investment from CHINA stock market.

pwb

by pwb » 27 Jan 2017 09:32

Royalwaster
pwb
maffff Interestingly the charge is against RFC Propco, not the club itself.

https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/09315720

24.66% of Royal Elm Park I assume.

Not sure where you have found the "Charge document" within that link as there is NO charge against that company. The charge is agaist Reading football Holding Limited see https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/comp ... UOZ9h2jmKw

As for the take over collapsing, i think it all done and dusted, they just don't what to announce until after the transfer window has closed. as if everyone new RFC had new owners, then they would be asking for more money for potential signings.

Sorry that's just wishful thinking and not true ... not saying it's definitely off but definitely not done and dusted.

Yes it maybe wishful thinking, but lets just see? if we have new owner by the end of next week (Friday 3rd) then was it??

LoyalRoyal22
Hob Nob Regular

by LoyalRoyal22 » 27 Jan 2017 10:16

pwb

Not sure where you have found the "Charge document" within that link as there is NO charge against that company. The charge is agaist Reading football Holding Limited see https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/comp ... UOZ9h2jmKw

As for the take over collapsing, i think it all done and dusted, they just don't what to announce until after the transfer window has closed. as if everyone Knew RFC had new owners, then they would be asking for more money for potential signings.

I actually think the takeover has been blocked. If it was complete & we had funds to use, I would have expected us to have signed or be putting in significant offers for strikers

Royalwaster
Hob Nob Regular

by Royalwaster » 27 Jan 2017 10:20

It's neither off nor completed .... at least that's what I've heard.

maffff
Hob Nob Addict

by maffff » 27 Jan 2017 13:27

pwb

As for the take over collapsing, i think it all done and dusted, they just don't what to announce until after the transfer window has closed. as if everyone Knew RFC had new owners, then they would be asking for more money for potential signings.

What the securities are against P16.

SCHEDULE 1 - THE SECURITIES

1,499,817 ordinary shares comprising approximately 10% of the issued share capital of RFC Propco Limited (company number 09315720)

Money is into the club, collateral isn't against the club.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 27 Jan 2017 13:38

Nameless
Sutekh The only news on this is that both parties are still discussing and presumably both hoping that an agreeable solution can be brokered.

Interesting phrasing (although it can be dangerous to read too much into exact semantics I think !)
When you say 'both parties' I assume you mean the Thai's and the Chinese.
The hold ups seem to be the FL and PL raising issues though.
So are you suggesting those issues have been resolved and it isn't just the terms of the deal to be concluded ?
Or are they trying to find ways jointly to overcome whatever the PL concerns are ?
Or am I reading too much into a casual comment ?

Sorry, reading to much in there I think, by both parties I was meaning more both sides, the club on one and the FL/PL on the other.

pwb

by pwb » 27 Jan 2017 13:57

maffff
pwb

1,499,817 ordinary shares comprising approximately 10% of the issued share capital of RFC Propco Limited (company number 09315720)

Sorry, the charge is on Reading Football Holdings Limited and they are responsible for paying the debt back! The security is against RFC Propco, who are responsible for paying the debt back If Reading Football Holdings goes under!!! this is the same as if you want to by a car, but you have a poor credit rating, so you would need someone to stand as a guarantor. Also the same when you by a house, the house is used as the security.

so the CHARGE is on Reading Football Holdings Limited!

maffff
Hob Nob Addict

by maffff » 27 Jan 2017 18:47

pwb
maffff
pwb

Sorry, the charge is on Reading Football Holdings Limited and they are responsible for paying the debt back! The security is against RFC Propco, who are responsible for paying the debt back If Reading Football Holdings goes under!!! this is the same as if you want to by a car, but you have a poor credit rating, so you would need someone to stand as a guarantor. Also the same when you by a house, the house is used as the security.

so the CHARGE is on Reading Football Holdings Limited!

OK, fair. I worded it badly. Still, that's the point I was trying to make.

Oilroyal
Hob Nob Regular

by Oilroyal » 27 Jan 2017 19:46

Reasons to believe the deal is done with FL and PL approval.

1) FL won't comment saying it's down to the club to make a statement (exactly the same as when the present owners took over)
2) The club refuse to comment on the status of the new ownership. We can only assume an announcement will be made after the window closes to prevent inflation of target players, plus manage fan/media expectations during the January window.
3) We keep hearing it's not a done deal, but keep being told that the deal has not fallen through
4) 10 £ million quid in our bank against security offered by the present owners which is odd considering it's well know the present owners do not want to put more money into the club.
5) 10 £ million which has already helped to sign current players improved terms/contracts, Kelly, McCleary and others as well as fund a new club record signing.
6) Dominic Samual on the verge of a loan move would also support the arrival of a new striker. Any championship striker that would help a promotion push with cost upward of 3 million.

Hats off to everyone at the club if this deal is a done deal to be announce early Feb.

If the deal is dead with the Chinese with no other interested party, then we're screwed, F*cked and bust!

My money's on we'll be fine with the new owners... Whenever they decide to step forward.

Lower West
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Lower West » 27 Jan 2017 20:30

Oilroyal 4) 10 £ million quid in our bank against security offered by the present owners which is odd considering it's well know the present owners do not want to put more money into the club.

With promotion a possibility would you throw away the opportunity? A gamble worth taking surely. At the very least they'll be further interest in Reading from other sources.

Oilroyal
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Anyone For Chinese

by Oilroyal » 27 Jan 2017 21:07

Lower West
Oilroyal 4) 10 £ million quid in our bank against security offered by the present owners which is odd considering it's well know the present owners do not want to put more money into the club.

With promotion a possibility would you throw away the opportunity? A gamble worth taking surely. At the very least they'll be further interest in Reading from other sources.

Agree 100% but I get the feeling that the Thai's deal was always the redevelopment project of the surrounding land and as they've pretty much accomplished what they set out to do in getting their prize, they won't be making any more £ investments. They've steadied the clubs finances in the early days by selling players for hefty fees and signing low cost options of unknowns or young potential with the smart addition of Stam. With that part of business complete and the club siting in a playoff position its their golden ticket to sell. They've made us attractive having taking two years and now they will offload with the surrounding land in their name, which was always the plan. Why would 4 Thias want to plough money into a loss makeing Champ club? I'd be surprised if the Thai's are behind the 10 million by way of them taking a gamble to make us more saleable than we already are. To me it's more the new owners strengthening their position without showing their hand.

Thank god the Chinese government are backing this crazy idea of China becoming a world force within the game.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 27 Jan 2017 23:08

Oilroyal Reasons to believe the deal is done with FL and PL approval.

1) FL won't comment saying it's down to the club to make a statement (exactly the same as when the present owners took over)
2) The club refuse to comment on the status of the new ownership. We can only assume an announcement will be made after the window closes to prevent inflation of target players, plus manage fan/media expectations during the January window.
3) We keep hearing it's not a done deal, but keep being told that the deal has not fallen through
4) 10 £ million quid in our bank against security offered by the present owners which is odd considering it's well know the present owners do not want to put more money into the club.
5) 10 £ million which has already helped to sign current players improved terms/contracts, Kelly, McCleary and others as well as fund a new club record signing.
6) Dominic Samual on the verge of a loan move would also support the arrival of a new striker. Any championship striker that would help a promotion push with cost upward of 3 million.

Hats off to everyone at the club if this deal is a done deal to be announce early Feb.

If the deal is dead with the Chinese with no other interested party, then we're screwed, F*cked and bust!

My money's on we'll be fine with the new owners... Whenever they decide to step forward.

4 and 5 are basically the same point, and most of the rest is stuff people assume dressed up as fact because lots of people assume it.

PieEater
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by PieEater » 29 Jan 2017 13:09

We need the loan just to get to the end of the season and cover the current costs, that should pretty well cover the operating loss.

I'm surprised they've not gone early for the ST money.

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 29 Jan 2017 14:14

PieEater We need the loan just to get to the end of the season and cover the current costs, that should pretty well cover the operating loss.

I'm surprised they've not gone early for the ST money.

Difficult decision. Do they offer them at Champ prices and miss out on a possible Prem bonus, or do they push the prices up and risk losing STH ? I could see them offering renewals early at a good price but then if we go up raising prices quite steeply for new STH.

largetrousers
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by largetrousers » 30 Jan 2017 09:46

The massive amount of debt the club are now in does worry me, frustrating considering we were pretty much solvent under JM and Anton just completely did us over taking advances from the parachute payments which the PL agreed to pay early from what I understand plus loans secured against them, rumoured to go into dodgy Russian places and that ice hockey team which have now also been done over. Anton was also stupid flashing the cash and giving people like Roberts extended deals when he was injured, and then daddy refused to bankroll his fantasy. Hope he gets his comeuppance!

Whilst the Thais have come in and have just about kept the lights on, the growing debt will still exist when they sell the majority of their stake. I thought originally that was one of the saving graces of them coming in to effectively wipe some of this debt? Yet they'll keep the land around the ground worth an estimated 60M, broken away into separate companies.

They've no where near put that into the club since taking ownership, so just from their drip feeding and not even honouring bills that are outstanding month in month out they get to keep the land whilst selling off the majority share and prob making the money back they've spent thus far. Does it leave the football club in a better place? We'll still have the debt, and we'll be minus the land around the ground which will be privately owned and probably won't have any revenue stream into the club if the Thais aren't the majority shareholders.

As long as they don't do a Blackpool on us, offering season tickets on a 2 year deal, only to then asset strip the over achieving team selling players at inflated prices and only fielding youth/reserves, pocketing the advanced ST money and then in year 2 when the gates claim x number are going through the turnstiles, realistically half the ST haven't bothered turning up at their despise of what has happened to their team through the greed of their owner.

Royalwaster
Hob Nob Regular

by Royalwaster » 30 Jan 2017 10:15

largetrousers The massive amount of debt the club are now in does worry me, frustrating considering we were pretty much solvent under JM and Anton just completely did us over taking advances from the parachute payments which the PL agreed to pay early from what I understand plus loans secured against them, rumoured to go into dodgy Russian places and that ice hockey team which have now also been done over. Anton was also stupid flashing the cash and giving people like Roberts extended deals when he was injured, and then daddy refused to bankroll his fantasy. Hope he gets his comeuppance!

Whilst the Thais have come in and have just about kept the lights on, the growing debt will still exist when they sell the majority of their stake. I thought originally that was one of the saving graces of them coming in to effectively wipe some of this debt? Yet they'll keep the land around the ground worth an estimated 60M, broken away into separate companies.

They've no where near put that into the club since taking ownership, so just from their drip feeding and not even honouring bills that are outstanding month in month out they get to keep the land whilst selling off the majority share and prob making the money back they've spent thus far. Does it leave the football club in a better place? We'll still have the debt, and we'll be minus the land around the ground which will be privately owned and probably won't have any revenue stream into the club if the Thais aren't the majority shareholders.

As long as they don't do a Blackpool on us, offering season tickets on a 2 year deal, only to then asset strip the over achieving team selling players at inflated prices and only fielding youth/reserves, pocketing the advanced ST money and then in year 2 when the gates claim x number are going through the turnstiles, realistically half the ST haven't bothered turning up at their despise of what has happened to their team through the greed of their owner.

Phew ... mate, you need to break up your sentences a bit with commas and full-stops .... is exhausting reading otherwise.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 30 Jan 2017 10:34

With us well through the season and currently looking like the play offs a possibility, I'm wondering if some of the delay is regarding the worth of the club.

Surely if we got promotion, the club is worth millions more than it is in the champ. You have guaranteed TV money and then the parachute payments should you go back down.

I wonder if thats partly why Tiger wants to keep a stake in the club. Promotion would completely transform the finances of the club. I don' think they'd want to sell us as a champ club if we have a 1 in 4 chance of being in the Prem next season.

largetrousers
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by largetrousers » 30 Jan 2017 10:54

Royalwaster Phew ... mate, you need to break up your sentences a bit with commas and full-stops .... is exhausting reading otherwise.
:lol: Think that's the effects of my missus running on at me over the years without pausing to take breath in her sentences!

muirinho
Hob Nob Regular

by muirinho » 30 Jan 2017 10:57

largetrousers Yet they'll keep the land around the ground worth an estimated 60M, broken away into separate companies.

where on earth did you get this from? The land was valued by an independent company at in and around £12million, - and ReadingFC got that money last season. After it's developed, maybe it will be worth £60 million, but it's not worth that now. According to what The Secret footballer was saying (assuming he was talking about Reading) it was estimated as costing £25 million to develop,

Seeing as we lost £15 million this year alone, "drip feeding" is a very expensive business, and not to be underestimated. They also bought the land at Bearwood.

Remember they took on the debt that already existed at the club when they bought it - i.e., instead of the club owing millions to SJM, it now owes millions to the Thais.
The club was not solvent before they came, it wasn't solvent before Anton came, I don't know if it has been solvent for years.
SJM kept it afloat by making loan after loan after loan (and a whole pile of thanks he got for that too :evil: ). when he was no longer in a position to do that, he brought in Anton. IF things had been managed sensibly then, we might have scrabbled clear a bit, but unfortunately they weren't.

The problem the Thais have now is they clearly don't have the resources to both keep the football club afloat AND have money to start developing the land, not to mention develop Bearwood. It's all very well talking about missing out on future profit streams from the land development, but it's going to take an awful lot of investment first before there's any profit stream to have! As things stand, note that the club actually still owns some percentage of the property company - so if the Thais actually received a £100million windfall from somewhere and were able to pump that into both club and property, some of the eventual profits from the property would find their way back to the club.

However, by the time there is any profit at all from the land development, the club could have changed hands three times over. They don't even have planning permission yet.

USA_Loyal_Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by USA_Loyal_Royal » 31 Jan 2017 21:58

Does all this activity in the transfer window indicate that the Chinese takeover is completed?!? :shock:

948 posts