Anyone For Chinese?

948 posts
Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: Anyone For Chinese?

by Sutekh » 05 May 2023 07:03

There is no reason that Reading couldn’t be successful if the owners remain and you have to say that this season behind the scenes the club has turned a corner and things are starting to look up.

The club now need to make a proper managerial change within the next couple of weeks and look forward to building a winning mentality for a change and get shot of any players who don’t want to be at the club.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 05 May 2023 07:36

Sutekh There is no reason that Reading couldn’t be successful if the owners remain and you have to say that this season behind the scenes the club has turned a corner and things are starting to look up.

The club now need to make a proper managerial change within the next couple of weeks and look forward to building a winning mentality for a change and get shot of any players who don’t want to be at the club.

Yes, there is a reason Rrading cant be successful if the owners remain. Its because they're oxf*rd idiots who couldn't run a race let alone a football team.

Royal_jimmy
Hob Nob Regular

by Royal_jimmy » 05 May 2023 08:53

elrey
Ascotexgunner
NathStPaul He thinks very little as is evident by his previous club ownership ventures.

I had no idea he owned 2 other clubs that have basically ended up in administration/gone broke. But it sounds like the Chinese generally have pissed so much money up the wall on their super league they haven't got a clue about sustainability.

For China, often the mentality is, do something now, because in the future they might just change the rules. And change the rules they did.

Xi wanted China to be really successful at football. He wanted to win the World Cup. So he let clubs do whatever they wanted. Then he realized that they were literally funnelling money out of China. Pay £100 million for a player, that money will just leave China, not good.

Dai, and others, owned clubs to ADVERTISE. Xi took that away, it's why he disbanded Beijing Renhe, which is an interesting club in itself.

I moved to Xi'an in 2012. Xi'an team was Dai's team. But they moved a few months before I got there, and I literally walked past the stadium on my way to work every day, I saw China play there twice (what crap those games were). He moved the team to Guiyang or somewherethere, then he moved it again to Beijing (where I saw them when I lost my passport three days before when trying to leave China forever, so ended up in Beijing and went to watch them play, and lose, and see a player get sent off for headbutting, fun)

The club served a purpose for him, and he got rid of it when he realized it wasn't going to do that. He probably wants Reading to be his premiership club, he must realize that with him in charge, that is never going to happen by now.

I remember a documentary on YouTube about HITC talking about the rise and fall of China's involvement with football. They didn't do their due diligence

elrey

by elrey » 06 May 2023 09:40

Royal_jimmy
elrey
Ascotexgunner
I had no idea he owned 2 other clubs that have basically ended up in administration/gone broke. But it sounds like the Chinese generally have pissed so much money up the wall on their super league they haven't got a clue about sustainability.

For China, often the mentality is, do something now, because in the future they might just change the rules. And change the rules they did.

Xi wanted China to be really successful at football. He wanted to win the World Cup. So he let clubs do whatever they wanted. Then he realized that they were literally funnelling money out of China. Pay £100 million for a player, that money will just leave China, not good.

Dai, and others, owned clubs to ADVERTISE. Xi took that away, it's why he disbanded Beijing Renhe, which is an interesting club in itself.

I moved to Xi'an in 2012. Xi'an team was Dai's team. But they moved a few months before I got there, and I literally walked past the stadium on my way to work every day, I saw China play there twice (what crap those games were). He moved the team to Guiyang or somewherethere, then he moved it again to Beijing (where I saw them when I lost my passport three days before when trying to leave China forever, so ended up in Beijing and went to watch them play, and lose, and see a player get sent off for headbutting, fun)

The club served a purpose for him, and he got rid of it when he realized it wasn't going to do that. He probably wants Reading to be his premiership club, he must realize that with him in charge, that is never going to happen by now.

I remember a documentary on YouTube about HITC talking about the rise and fall of China's involvement with football. They didn't do their due diligence

The whole thing of the rise and fall of the Chinese league is typical of what China is like, especially under Xi.

He could even suddenly change course again and try and make the Chinese league really successful again. Or he could just ban football for some dodgy reason. Or he could probably do both on the same day.

elrey

by elrey » 06 May 2023 09:54

Royal_jimmy
elrey
Ascotexgunner

The whole thing of the rise and fall of the Chinese league is typical of what China is like, especially under Xi.

He could even suddenly change course again and try and make the Chinese league really successful again. Or he could just ban football for some dodgy reason. Or he could probably do both on the same day.

Sebastian the Red

by Sebastian the Red » 06 May 2023 18:08

Snowflake Royal
Sutekh There is no reason that Reading couldn’t be successful if the owners remain and you have to say that this season behind the scenes the club has turned a corner and things are starting to look up.

Yes, there is a reason Rrading cant be successful if the owners remain. Its because they're oxf*rd idiots who couldn't run a race let alone a football team.

Ban this racist filth.

Orion1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Orion1871 » 06 May 2023 18:21

Sebastian the Red
Snowflake Royal

Ban this racist filth.

Can we not just ban him anyway?

tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

by tidus_mi2 » 06 May 2023 19:31

So I might have a controversial opinion but...I don't think Dai is that bad, he clearly is willing to invest in the club, we have seen the good of that with the training ground and the bad with the ill advised spending spree that led us to this mess. He has taken advice from the wrong people consistently which is a major reason we are heading to League One. We're now in second chance territory here, if he just repeats the cycle again then I'll lose all faith in him as an owner but I'll remain optimistic that lessons have been learned.

Rax

by Rax » 06 May 2023 19:40

tidus_mi2 So I might have a controversial opinion but...I don't think Dai is that bad, he clearly is willing to invest in the club, we have seen the good of that with the training ground and the bad with the ill advised spending spree that led us to this mess. He has taken advice from the wrong people consistently which is a major reason we are heading to League One. We're now in second chance territory here, if he just repeats the cycle again then I'll lose all faith in him as an owner but I'll remain optimistic that lessons have been learned.

I'm in two minds too about Dai - the person that needs to go is Kia!

under the tin

by under the tin » 07 May 2023 11:07

FWIW, I think the most important signing any club can make is that of the The First Team Manager.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 07 May 2023 11:31

Rax
tidus_mi2 So I might have a controversial opinion but...I don't think Dai is that bad, he clearly is willing to invest in the club, we have seen the good of that with the training ground and the bad with the ill advised spending spree that led us to this mess. He has taken advice from the wrong people consistently which is a major reason we are heading to League One. We're now in second chance territory here, if he just repeats the cycle again then I'll lose all faith in him as an owner but I'll remain optimistic that lessons have been learned.

I'm in two minds too about Dai - the person that needs to go is Kia!

Who do you think is keeping Kia around and giving him any say in anything?

The rot comes from the tippy top.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 07 May 2023 11:34

under the tin FWIW, I think the most important signing any club can make is that of the The First Team Manager.

This * 1,000,000,000,000 and something Reading have got very very wrong ever since Adkins had the job (and even that appointment was questionable to many). Some one should write an open letter to Mark Bowen on behalf go the fan base expressing concerns over Reading's record in this department and requesting assurances that proper due diligence will be completed and someone appointed within 2 weeks of the end of the season - and that it won't just get given to the first random name that some bright spark sticks a pin in from a list of names.

ayjaydee
Hob Nob Regular

by ayjaydee » 07 May 2023 12:03

I tend to agree with this. I really do not get the the word corrupt being bandied about by a few posters on here. I see no evidence of corruption in any of his actions relating to the football club. Stupid yes, ignorant yes, easily led yes and many more similar adjectives but corrupt I'm not having.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 07 May 2023 12:07

How many honest billionaires from autocratic corrupt states do you think there are?

ayjaydee
Hob Nob Regular

by ayjaydee » 07 May 2023 12:18

Snowflake Royal How many honest billionaires from autocratic corrupt states do you think there are?

Didn't say he wasn't corrupt in other spheres of his life, it was the inference in the posts that somehow our plight was as a result of having a corrupt owner.

tmesis
Hob Nob Regular

by tmesis » 07 May 2023 14:58

Sutekh
under the tin FWIW, I think the most important signing any club can make is that of the The First Team Manager.

This * 1,000,000,000,000 and something Reading have got very very wrong ever since Adkins had the job (and even that appointment was questionable to many). Some one should write an open letter to Mark Bowen on behalf go the fan base expressing concerns over Reading's record in this department and requesting assurances that proper due diligence will be completed and someone appointed within 2 weeks of the end of the season - and that it won't just get given to the first random name that some bright spark sticks a pin in from a list of names.

Unless the manager does it all, I'd actually suggest the most important role these days is recruitment. The difference between a club with a good scouting system and a weak one is possibly bigger than the one with a good manager.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 08 May 2023 06:16

tmesis
Sutekh

Unless the manager does it all, I'd actually suggest the most important role these days is recruitment. The difference between a club with a good scouting system and a weak one is possibly bigger than the one with a good manager.

This. The recruitment side is key and looks like being built properly. The style the club wants going forwards is decided by Bowen and the manager hired needs to fit to that. Look at Swansea, they have a style and hire to suit.

Anfield Royal

by Anfield Royal » 05 Jun 2023 19:36

@paoloclementio
Takeover Imminent. BDO Consultants leaked the info. Seems Dais just wanted cents in the dollar. The whole project was a way to get money out of China. @BBCBerkshire #ReadingFC @TheTilehurstEnd

I wish this was true, but I suspect not. Someone on here posted recently about Dai looking to sell though. Here’s hoping.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 15 Jun 2023 10:30

Share filing has been updated at Companies House - the 6m odd now showing as being pumped in this month and not in May as originally thought.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 15 Jun 2023 11:19

Stranded Share filing has been updated at Companies House - the 6m odd now showing as being pumped in this month and not in May as originally thought.

It's just a share conversion of loans or something isn't it rather than an actual £6m in cash?

948 posts