Anyone For Chinese?

948 posts
bobby1413
Hob Nob Addict

Re: Anyone For Chinese?

by bobby1413 » 01 Dec 2016 10:50

I'm completely lost here.

No idea whether I should be worried, are they here to "asset strip" and sell of parts of the area around the ground, are they credible and trust worthy...

Baggie192

by Baggie192 » 01 Dec 2016 10:53

Fox Talbot Maybe the PL and FL have different standards over the 'fit and proper' persons test?

Very concerned that the club/ stadium is being split from the immediately adjacent land and re-development transport plans. Not a recipe for smooth running, I'd have thought.

And if the Thais are holding the land what is the Chinese's financial motivation for buying the club - same as the fella at Villa, Wolves etc - get in the Prem I suppose?

The Chinese goverment want to become a world power in Football. Anyone who owns a club in China can get massive tax breaks by investing aboard. Mainly for Academy set ups and Networks

Forbury Lion
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Forbury Lion » 01 Dec 2016 11:24

If the Thai's asset strip us of the land (possibly including the land for the new training ground and the new training ground!) and the Chinese still want to buy us then they must be interested in the football side of things as that's all that will be left.

El Diablo

by El Diablo » 01 Dec 2016 11:29

Think there's an underground nuclear bunker in Arborfield Garrison ...not far from the training ground... :?

Fox Talbot
Hob Nob Regular

by Fox Talbot » 01 Dec 2016 11:33

Baggie192
Fox Talbot Maybe the PL and FL have different standards over the 'fit and proper' persons test?

Very concerned that the club/ stadium is being split from the immediately adjacent land and re-development transport plans. Not a recipe for smooth running, I'd have thought.

And if the Thais are holding the land what is the Chinese's financial motivation for buying the club - same as the fella at Villa, Wolves etc - get in the Prem I suppose?

The Chinese goverment want to become a world power in Football. Anyone who owns a club in China can get massive tax breaks by investing aboard. Mainly for Academy set ups and Networks

Makes sense. Also looking at their wealth, buying RFC is small change to them even without tax deductabilty. Who's making cheap toys now, eh?

Stockport Royal

by Stockport Royal » 01 Dec 2016 11:39

bobby1413 I'm completely lost here.

No idea whether I should be worried, are they here to "asset strip" and sell of parts of the area around the ground, are they credible and trust worthy...

Same here.

Just going to go with the 'keep calm and carry on' mentality with three little birds playing on repeat until this all blows over.

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 01 Dec 2016 12:59

genome Guess who've got a 5 page thread on this

http://www.northstandchat.com/showthrea ... at-Reading

Of course they have. The dirty little bitches are obsessed.

Green
Hob Nob Legend

by Green » 01 Dec 2016 13:11

Five pages is small fry for such a big club and fan base though

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 01 Dec 2016 13:11

leon

They managed to mention the pitch invasion pretty quickly.

Just awaiting a "tinpot" and that's Brighton bingo

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 01 Dec 2016 13:15

genome
leon

Its the second post on page 2 :lol:

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 01 Dec 2016 13:15

Hendo
genome
leon

Its the first post on page 2 :lol:

Oh, there you go :lol:

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 01 Dec 2016 13:22

I like Brighton. They're such a bunch of middle class pants wetters.

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 01 Dec 2016 13:23

Anyway, we're doomed etc

BR2
Hob Nob Regular

by BR2 » 01 Dec 2016 13:52

SCIAG Theresa May is from Eastbourne and has spent most of her life living near Oxford or London. Parachuted into Maidenhead without any connection to the area.

But she IS a local MP and has been for some time and has strongly advocated board membership to be widened so (said rather tongue-in-cheek) why doesn't she take up the cudgel on behalf of us fans?

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 01 Dec 2016 14:08

genome
Hendo
genome

Its the first post on page 2 :lol:

Oh, there you go :lol:

And of course, these are the same bed wetters who wanted sympathy from every other club in the country when their chairman decided to sell their ground.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 01 Dec 2016 14:10

BR2
SCIAG Theresa May is from Eastbourne and has spent most of her life living near Oxford or London. Parachuted into Maidenhead without any connection to the area.

But she IS a local MP and has been for some time and has strongly advocated board membership to be widened so (said rather tongue-in-cheek) why doesn't she take up the cudgel on behalf of us fans?

For which board does she want membership widened? Hob Nob?

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 01 Dec 2016 14:23

Not sure what is scarier - having a couple of Chinese billionaires buy us or Snowball / Ian Royal / me having influence at board level....

Forbury Lion
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Forbury Lion » 01 Dec 2016 15:48

BR2

Her office area also very good at helping out local residents who have issues with RBWM council from what one resident tells me.

One8Seven1*

by One8Seven1* » 01 Dec 2016 16:27

You can understand a lot of trepidation about the potential new owners, but if they have plans to exploit the club for its remaining assets, it really can only be Hogwood when we eventually move training grounds. (assuming they will put the money in to complete Bearwood)
They are property developers and clearly very successful ones, so you can see they may have eyes on developing that land with a nice hotel etc, in keeping with what they’ve done back home.

Other than that, the stadium is protected as a ‘community asset’ and cannot be sold from underneath us. The hotel isn’t ours, neither is the land around the stadium any longer, so it’s hard to envisage what their motives are if they’re not genuine.

You would hope, with their billion plus in the bank, that they may have genuine ambitions to progress the club, but at the same time I just can’t see a brother and sister from China having those aspirations with a Championship football club. Perhaps that’s a glass half full approach, and I hope to be proved wrong, but it just seems a little unlikely to me. So I really don’t know what to think about any of this. I just hope they give Stam the reassurance he and his staff will be seeking, and offer some financial backing in January which could well be the difference to us getting promoted this season, or falling back into the midfield pack come the final third of the season.

Hopefully they’re not the wong type of owners. With any luck, by the time they sell up, we’ll have wonton’s of trophies and can party with SJM in the Purple Turtle while he dim sum lights..

*The Chinese government banned the media from using puns! They wont like this forum..

STAR Liaison
Hob Nob Regular

by STAR Liaison » 01 Dec 2016 16:55

Er, might have to hold yer horses on this one. According to rumours accessible via mattdeanradio on twitter our would-be investors were seen near Hull yesterday in the company of the City chairman.

948 posts