Re: MATCHWATCH : Fulham (h) sponsored by 'Diddy' Richard Osman

by LUX » 30 Dec 2016 21:18

Ian Royal Booooooo

Yeah, you could see everything on the radio

Winston Smith
Hob Nob Addict

by Winston Smith » 30 Dec 2016 21:27

Wait until they take all their HT beer & food money then abandon it. cLOLassic RFC :lol:

harry
Hob Nob Regular

by harry » 30 Dec 2016 21:52

Emmer Green Royal
bcubed Dense
Plenty of mention on BBC Radio Berks

Thanks for the update. Radio Berks isn't available abroad or online. Boo.

Radio Berks isn't directly, but if you sign up for Reading Player you get Radio Berks commentary. I did so in August knowing I'd be abroad for 1st games of the season. As it turns out tonight was my 4th game having to listen from abroad.

Emmer Green Royal

by Emmer Green Royal » 31 Dec 2016 08:52

[quote="harry"][quote="Emmer Green Royal"][quote="bcubed"]Dense
Plenty of mention on BBC Radio Berks[/quote]

Thanks for the update. Radio Berks isn't available abroad or online. Boo.[/quote]

Radio Berks isn't directly, but if you sign up for Reading Player you get Radio Berks commentary. I did so in August knowing I'd be abroad for 1st games of the season. As it turns out tonight was my 4th game having to listen from abroad.[/quote]

Yes, I'd forgotten about that. I signed up for Reading Player for my first year abroad, but the reliability was so poor I gave up. For it to work correctly for a full game was very unusual. Often it started late (or not at all), or the sound quality was poor, or the sound balance between the studio and the commentators was way off. Perhaps it is now improved, but it ruined so many game days for me that I gave up.

harry
Hob Nob Regular

by harry » 31 Dec 2016 10:41

Emmer Green Royal
harry
Emmer Green Royal
Thanks for the update. Radio Berks isn't available abroad or online. Boo.

Radio Berks isn't directly, but if you sign up for Reading Player you get Radio Berks commentary. I did so in August knowing I'd be abroad for 1st games of the season. As it turns out tonight was my 4th game having to listen from abroad.

Yes, I'd forgotten about that. I signed up for Reading Player for my first year abroad, but the reliability was so poor I gave up. For it to work correctly for a full game was very unusual. Often it started late (or not at all), or the sound quality was poor, or the sound balance between the studio and the commentators was way off. Perhaps it is now improved, but it ruined so many game days for me that I gave up.

I've tried using it 4 times this season. 2 full games successfully. 1 game when I lost coverage after about 5 mins but I had issues with everything that day on wifi/phone coverage due to location so very unlikely to be a Reading Player issue. Last night I got the full game up until them saying they thought it was abandoned then immediately coverage went.

The impression I get is they cover the game only. No build-up & no post-match analysis. So as soon as last night's game was abandoned they cut the broadcast.

The Royal Forester
Hob Nob Regular

by The Royal Forester » 31 Dec 2016 12:13

harry
Emmer Green Royal
harry

I've tried using it 4 times this season. 2 full games successfully. 1 game when I lost coverage after about 5 mins but I had issues with everything that day on wifi/phone coverage due to location so very unlikely to be a Reading Player issue. Last night I got the full game up until them saying they thought it was abandoned then immediately coverage went.

The impression I get is they cover the game only. No build-up & no post-match analysis. So as soon as last night's game was abandoned they cut the broadcast.

Whilst I agree that the RFC Player can be a bit erratic at times, they usually do keep the BBC Berkshire programme on after the match until it ends. What you can do (on a normal Saturday) is to listen to the BBC Berks pre-match programme from (1-3 o'clock) on their website then switch over to the Player just before kick off and at 5 o'clock, switch back to BBC Berks website for the post match programme. For mid week matches the pre match programme is aired on the BBC Berkshire website from 7 pm until kick off. After the match you will only get any post match comments on the player, until about 10pm or a bit later if the programme carries longer.

Forbury Lion
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Forbury Lion » 03 Jan 2017 10:53

Winston Smith Wait until they take all their HT beer & food money then abandon it. cLOLassic RFC :lol:
+1
Although they could have at least given the bus drivers 10 minutes notice instead of making us all wait in the cold while they ate their HT food.

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 06 Jan 2017 08:14

With the real possibility of both Reading and Fulham going out of FA Cup this weekend very real chance this being rescheduled on the day allocated to 4th round of the FA Cup.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 06 Jan 2017 08:18

paultheroyal With the real possibility of both Reading and Fulham going out of FA Cup this weekend very real chance this being rescheduled on the day allocated to 4th round of the FA Cup.

One thing almost guaranteed is we will be playing that weekend. As Fulham play Cardiff, who are our scheduled league opponents that day.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 23 Jan 2017 11:30

Part 2

Firstly, there's no fog expected which maybe a problem if Reading play like they have for the previous 135 minutes of football v Fulham this season. Ryan Fredericks is particularly a massive thorn in Reading's side and the thought of Blackett at (wing) back against him again is a worry. No doubt it may well be a concern for the management and to some extent be a heavy influence on the Reading starting line up.

After the improved performance at Derby one hopes that it will be taken into this game but Reading still need to work to stop gifting the ball away and setting up goals for opponents quite so regularly after all it is 9 league games since the last clean sheet.

Reading have Obita suspended and Quinn out long term injured. Rakels is also still sidelined along with Callum Harriott. Logically the team would be the same as at Derby but with Blackett in for Obita; Habsi, Gunter, Blackett, McShane, Moore L, Ilori, Williams, Swift, Kelly, McCleary, Kermorgant but I have a feeling we may see Berg or Evans returning to the starting XI.

Fulham are almost at full strength with just the losses of Neeskens Kabano and Floyd Ayite to African Cup of Nations duty to contend with.

Referee

Staffordshire's Steve Martin will be refereeing what I hope doesn't turn into a Little Shop of Horrors

Previously...

15 Oct 2016 > Queen's Park Rangers 1-1 Reading
15 Mar 2016 > Brighton & Hove Albion 1-0 Reading
23 Jan 2016 > Reading 1-1 Sheffield Wednesday
19 Sep 2015 > Bristol City 0-2 Reading
25 Mar 2014 > Reading 1-3 Barnsley

So Reading are still waiting to win a home game with Mr Martin

Historically

This will be the 20th league game against Fulham in Reading. It's not a particularly impressive home record either having won 9 and lost 6 of the 19 games played to date. Biggest defeat was 4-0 back in 1969 while the Glenn Murray inspired 3-0 win three seasons ago is Reading's biggest win.

riverroyal

by riverroyal » 23 Jan 2017 11:50

Fog has now been forecast for Reading for tomorrow evening from 7pm!!! :o

tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

by tidus_mi2 » 23 Jan 2017 12:17

riverroyal Fog has now been forecast for Reading for tomorrow evening from 7pm!!! :o

From what I can see there has been fog forecast for 7am but will clear up soon after.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 23 Jan 2017 17:10

The Met Office site is now predicting fog for Reading/East Berkshire from around 6pm onwards. We all know that lightning never strikes twice but not so sure about fog....

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 24 Jan 2017 07:09

I spoke to a couple of Fulham fans after the game and I told them it was fortunate for us it got called off, as had we played out the 90 I felt we would have lost.

For all of our (few) self-inflicted awful performances, Fulham are the only team to really have us sussed imo. We're fortunate that Ayite is off at AFCON but Aluko and Fredericks raped us as well, not to mention with Martin they're always likely to score against us.

Unless they have an off day or Stam thinks of a different way of playing against this lot I can sadly only see one result.

0-1

Martin for them.

Royal Ginger
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal Ginger » 24 Jan 2017 08:25

Woken up to a pea-souper here in Bournemouth. Can someone give me the low down on fog in Reading at about 4 as that will inform whether I make the trip again.

Barney
Hob Nob Regular

by Barney » 24 Jan 2017 09:01

Royal Ginger Woken up to a pea-souper here in Bournemouth. Can someone give me the low down on fog in Reading at about 4 as that will inform whether I make the trip again.

I am working in and around Reading all day, so will send updates from early/mid afternoon onwards.

tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

by tidus_mi2 » 24 Jan 2017 09:35

Hopefully it will be fine, the only fog warnings have come in for the fog in the morning, not the fog expected in the evening.

That said, I'm not liking the look of the met office page fog expected at 8pm with very poor visibility.

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/public/weat ... /gcpk99j0x

Hitchytwo

by Hitchytwo » 24 Jan 2017 10:42

tidus_mi2 Hopefully it will be fine, the only fog warnings have come in for the fog in the morning, not the fog expected in the evening.

That said, I'm not liking the look of the met office page fog expected at 8pm with very poor visibility.

Am i right in saying that the majeski stadium pitch is heated?

just thought i would check that there was no possible way of the game getting called off due to a frozen pitch! :lol: :lol:

hobnob
Site Admin

by hobnob » 24 Jan 2017 11:34

tidus_mi2 Hopefully it will be fine, the only fog warnings have come in for the fog in the morning, not the fog expected in the evening.

And a weather warning for dense fog that includes Reading...

If we only play 45 minutes again tonight maybe we should combine the halves and call it a result!

Royal Ginger
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal Ginger » 24 Jan 2017 13:54

hobnob

And a weather warning for dense fog that includes Reading...

If we only play 45 minutes again tonight maybe we should combine the halves and call it a result!

If I have another half time pie tonight do all the calories count?