BFTF ...Some hazy blobs...(H)

Royal Ginger
Hob Nob Addict

BFTF ...Some hazy blobs...(H)

by Royal Ginger » 30 Dec 2016 21:16

That sucked. The fog was easing. Should have been called at about the 25 minute mark when it was impossible to follow the action.

Funny how they called it just as the players are returning to the pitch when the club's half time tills are nice and full...

sloughroyal123

Re: BFTF ...Some hazy blobs...(H)

by sloughroyal123 » 30 Dec 2016 21:31

AAH 6: couldn't see him
Gunter 6: couldn't see him
Moore 6: couldn't see him
Blackett 6: couldn't see him
VDB 6: couldn't see him
Harriott 6: couldn't see him
Evans 6: Couldn't see him
Williams 6: Couldn't see him
Kelly 6: Couldn't see him
Macca 6: Couldn't see him
Kermit 6: Couldn't see him

John Madejski's Wallet
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Anyone who lives within their means shows a serious lack of imagination

by John Madejski's Wallet » 30 Dec 2016 21:35

Thought we were ok considering the conditions.
If only McCleary had put away that chance from the stunning hold-up/through ball from Kermogant......

Their right winger was ripping us to shreds, f'ck he was fast. But Harriott makes an awful wingback

.....THAT tackle from Joey :lol:
Last edited by John Madejski's Wallet on 30 Dec 2016 21:36, edited 1 time in total.

bcubed
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by bcubed » 30 Dec 2016 21:35

sloughroyal123 AAH 6: couldn't see him
Gunter 6: couldn't see him
Moore 6: couldn't see him
Blackett 6: couldn't see him
VDB 6: couldn't see him
Harriott 6: couldn't see him
Evans 6: Couldn't see him
Williams 6: Couldn't see him
Kelly 6: Couldn't see him
Macca 6: Couldn't see him
Kermit 6: Couldn't see him

Generous marks!

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 30 Dec 2016 21:35

Guess it has more to do with the tv companies

Linington has gone to the top of my "hanging list'...what a total dick.......could he not've delayed 2nd half kick-off for ten minutes to reasess the improving visibility?....guess he was paid off by Sky or someone.

Regardless of whether the club do the 'right thing' and honour those with tickets free admission for the re-arranged fixture...or not...(remember v Leicester NY day 2003 anybody?), Linigton will not be paying the expenses incurred...nor the effort that fans have made in the (worse fog) to get to the game.

Luckily, I am just a walk away.......if you like the A33...it was nice viewing :twisted:

Winston Smith
Hob Nob Addict

by Winston Smith » 30 Dec 2016 21:42

30/12/16. Fogmageddon

Never forget, never forgive.

John Madejski's Wallet
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Anyone who lives within their means shows a serious lack of imagination

by John Madejski's Wallet » 30 Dec 2016 21:44

Usually I'm about the last out of the stadium and therefore one of the last out of the dogtrack car park... handily was stood right next to the East Stand gate when the announcement and legged it to the car 8)

SCIAG
Hob Nob Addict

by SCIAG » 30 Dec 2016 21:46

Couldn't complain if it had been called off either of the times that he went over to speak to the benches, but the match was perfectly playable at the end of half time. It's an absolute disgrace that the referee didn't come to check.

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 30 Dec 2016 21:50

Disgusting decision but typical of the useless wastes of skin they call "officials" that this league has to offer. They are spineless.

John Madejski's Wallet
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by John Madejski's Wallet » 30 Dec 2016 21:54

Lets face it, the 'fog' would have got worse again second half as it mostly consisted of the breath/body heat of the fans hitting the cold, damp air..... of course it was going to clear at half time. In the same way the temperature always drops at HT

ayjaydee
Hob Nob Regular

by ayjaydee » 30 Dec 2016 21:54

John Madejski's Wallet Usually I'm about the last out of the stadium and therefore one of the last out of the dogtrack car park... handily was stood right next to the East Stand gate when the announcement and legged it to the car 8)

From where I was sat it was clear the Fulham manager was angling for the abandonment from about 20 mins into the game.
According to Dim on BBCRB the decision was instigated by the 2 assistant refs who were struggling to see across the pitch. But, at half time visibility was vastly improved. Very poor decision.

UpThePrem

by UpThePrem » 30 Dec 2016 21:57

John Madejski's Wallet Lets face it, the 'fog' would have got worse again second half as it mostly consisted of the breath/body heat of the fans hitting the cold, damp air..... of course it was going to clear at half time. In the same way the temperature always drops at HT

Was thinking exactly this. The fog lifted when half the fans left their seats. Wouldn't have been surprised if it would have returned as soon as the fans came back.

IceIceGylfi

by IceIceGylfi » 30 Dec 2016 21:59

Apparently the EFL policy is for the tickets for the replay to not be free, but half-price. IMO that is a bloody disgrace; my Dad had to pay £28 to come today. An extra £!4; not to mention travel, food and other concessions. Ridiculous. I reckon the only reason the game went on to the halfway mark is because of the American marching band. I wouldn't have minded if it had been called off in the first half, but at HT I spent about £7; plus the fog was starting to clear. :twisted:

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 30 Dec 2016 22:01

so the assistant referees now out-rank the referee?

Linington is the oxf*rd here......will he get the gig to ref the re-arranged fixture?

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 30 Dec 2016 22:02

John Madejski's Wallet Lets face it, the 'fog' would have got worse again second half as it mostly consisted of the breath/body heat of the fans hitting the cold, damp air..... of course it was going to clear at half time. In the same way the temperature always drops at HT

The weather had been like the first half all day with the Stadium empty so poor excuse I'm afraid.

muirinho
Hob Nob Regular

by muirinho » 30 Dec 2016 22:03

IceIceGylfi Apparently the EFL policy is for the tickets for the replay to not be free, but half-price. IMO that is a bloody disgrace; my Dad had to pay £28 to come today. An extra £!4; not to mention travel, food and other concessions. Ridiculous. I reckon the only reason the game went on to the halfway mark is because of the American marching band. I wouldn't have minded if it had been called off in the first half, but at HT I spent about £7; plus the fog was starting to clear. :twisted:

I'm sure the linesmen were waiting till they'd seen the marching band.....

John Madejski's Wallet
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by John Madejski's Wallet » 30 Dec 2016 22:07

sandman

The weather had been like the first half all day with the Stadium empty so poor excuse I'm afraid.

Yeah that's the point :|

It was the fans making the 'fog' thicker. It was pretty clear before the game, got thicker the longer the half went on, then cleared at HT.

IceIceGylfi

by IceIceGylfi » 30 Dec 2016 22:09

muirinho
IceIceGylfi Apparently the EFL policy is for the tickets for the replay to not be free, but half-price. IMO that is a bloody disgrace; my Dad had to pay £28 to come today. An extra £!4; not to mention travel, food and other concessions. Ridiculous. I reckon the only reason the game went on to the halfway mark is because of the American marching band. I wouldn't have minded if it had been called off in the first half, but at HT I spent about £7; plus the fog was starting to clear. :twisted:

Obviously not; but I'd assume the staff at the ground would be involved in the decision to abandon the match

sloughroyal123

by sloughroyal123 » 30 Dec 2016 22:10

muirinho

Game would of been abandoned at the start of fhalf time if it wasn't for the yanks
Last edited by sloughroyal123 on 30 Dec 2016 22:10, edited 1 time in total.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 30 Dec 2016 22:10

Was clearing before HT

Negligeable fog on the walk home ( walking past the methane gas of the Reading Tip