Hob Nob Legend

Re: BTFS - QPR

by genome » 13 Jan 2017 11:21

Oh, you're trying to be funny

Ouroboros
Hob Nob Regular

by Ouroboros » 13 Jan 2017 11:22

It makes me really upset that Kes supports a big team and I don't. I think I might cry.

Rollerbob

by Rollerbob » 13 Jan 2017 11:26

Okay here's where I think it went wrong.

Middle of the park. The gap between our back 4 and our front 3 was enormous last night. For this tactic to work well, we need 3 tireless CM's to be running up and down, working their butts off to create space and make things happen. Unfortunately, we had a somewhat lethargic Swift, an ineffectual Kelly and one of the laziest performances in the centre i've ever seen from Williams. Seriously. The guy puts 0 effort to help his team mates when we've got the ball. He makes no runs, he just stands there.. watching.. and is usually marked. No wonder why we pass it back so often, or end up trying to play the 'impossible pass' and end up losing the ball. It's like playing with 10 men. Beyond frustrated watching him week in, week out do nothing for us when he himself is not on the ball. He is either the laziest player we've got or he's totally oblivious and has 0 spacial awareness.

TLDR: Williams is fcuking shite, and we lost it in the centre of midfield.

No Fixed Abode

by No Fixed Abode » 13 Jan 2017 11:28

genome Oh, you're trying to be funny

IF another 10,000 people had turned up last night the attendance WOULD'VE been 12,000.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 13 Jan 2017 11:29

No Fixed Abode
genome Oh, you're trying to be funny

IF another 10,000 people had turned up last night the attendance WOULD'VE been 12,000.

Factually wrong

George_

by George_ » 13 Jan 2017 11:30

Westwood52 Kermit 2: I disagree with most, I thought he was awful. Missed a sitter, kept on falling over or losing the ball in possession.

+1

Been bigging him up in recent weeks, but he missed 2 sitters with his head from close range last night.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 13 Jan 2017 12:43

Top Flight Feed the Kermie and he will score.

Except for when he regularly misses, like he did with two good chances last night.

bcubed
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by bcubed » 13 Jan 2017 13:46

Ian Royal

Except for when he regularly misses, like he did with two good chances last night.

indeed

bobby1413
Hob Nob Addict

by bobby1413 » 13 Jan 2017 14:14

I know we really don't need any more proof but some of our fans are fcking mongs.

Twat on twitter:

"Some of our 'fans' deserve that, 12.000 for a league game - pathetic; hope you lot who didn't go stay away forever #tinpotfans"

Some responses are things like:

"I was working. Is that ok?"

And he responds "yea of course that's fine"

Thanks you fcking d1ck

Victor Meldrew
Hob Nob Addict

by Victor Meldrew » 13 Jan 2017 14:25

Un (fortunately) had no car last night so watched the game on TV.
The commentator spent the first hour bigging up our passing game and possession stats as if we are England's answer to Barcelona and because of what Stam said about Kelly he is somehow our Iniesta or Xavi.
When he realised that the passing game and possession stats are all about what we do in our own half he gave up going on about it-not being at work today I don't know how dull the neutrals thought it to be but it wasn't much of an advert for The Championship.

Watching from the sofa it was incredibly dull and it never felt as though we would get anything out of the game and nobody came out of it with any great credit and once again, as with last Saturday,throughout the team we are the typical soft Southerners-weak in the tackle and easily dispossessed.
It's only one game of course and we have won other games where it has looked most unlikely that we would but we do at times look a million miles away from being a Premier League side and without major changes would be a laughing stock if we somehow fluked promotion.

Stam has done brilliantly with what we have got but last night he must have stood on the touchline wondering what the rest of the season holds for us and him, especially with the Chinese deal looking unlikely to complete (if at all) during this transfer window.

Top Flight
Hob Nob Regular

by Top Flight » 13 Jan 2017 14:36

Ian Royal

They weren't easy chances. Kermie did well with those chances. McLeary's ball was lofted up slightly too high for him so he couldn't get above it enough. He still managed to crash it onto the crossbar.

The other chance, the defender was right in the way and put him under massive pressure but he still managed to head the ball and the defenders head to narrowly miss the post. The cut on his head shows that it wasn't an easy chance. He had to clash with the defenders head as well as the ball. He did well with a difficult chance.

If we had made him another two chances like that, the likelihood is that one of them would have gone in. We just need to do more in games. He showed what a serious aerial threat he can be. Let's take advantage of that strength. We're not doing enough going forward. Coppells side was the benchmark of what can be achieved in this division. We are not creating anywhere near the same number or quality of chances that the 106 side created and we don't play with anything like the same level of urgency.

Still though, we are doing well. So we can't complain too much and we are improving game by game. Long live Stam.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 13 Jan 2017 15:28

Kermit should have scored the first to be honest - he mistimed his jump. Was a cracking cross. The second was far from easy

The soft southern bit I agree with. I do think we are a bit of a good pitch/good weather team at times. Still does mean if we are still in the mix come March with better weather and the poor northern teams shrivel up at the sight of the sun we have a good shout

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 13 Jan 2017 16:01

bobby1413 I know we really don't need any more proof but some of our fans are fcking mongs.

Twat on twitter:

"Some of our 'fans' deserve that, 12.000 for a league game - pathetic; hope you lot who didn't go stay away forever #tinpotfans"

Some responses are things like:

"I was working. Is that ok?"

And he responds "yea of course that's fine"

Thanks you fcking d1ck
the attendance for what has traditionally been a well supported fixture was pretty abysmal, highlighted by the unusually high amount of matchtime posters posting.

S£y and the Thursday night effect, will obviously take a lot of flak for it......but I reckon you should start a "what's your excuse" thread Bobby

tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

by tidus_mi2 » 13 Jan 2017 16:40

Sky, Thursday evening, heavy traffic and shit conditions, all contributors to a shit turnout.

The third and fourth points are what kept me, or more specifically my father away and as a result I lost my method of transport to the game and couldn't go!

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 13 Jan 2017 16:49

Top Flight
Ian Royal

They weren't easy chances. Kermie did well with those chances. McLeary's ball was lofted up slightly too high for him so he couldn't get above it enough. He still managed to crash it onto the crossbar.

The other chance, the defender was right in the way and put him under massive pressure but he still managed to head the ball and the defenders head to narrowly miss the post. The cut on his head shows that it wasn't an easy chance. He had to clash with the defenders head as well as the ball. He did well with a difficult chance.

If we had made him another two chances like that, the likelihood is that one of them would have gone in. We just need to do more in games. He showed what a serious aerial threat he can be. Let's take advantage of that strength. We're not doing enough going forward. Coppells side was the benchmark of what can be achieved in this division. We are not creating anywhere near the same number or quality of chances that the 106 side created and we don't play with anything like the same level of urgency.

Still though, we are doing well. So we can't complain too much and we are improving game by game. Long live Stam.

If he's so bloody good, he shouldn't need them to be easy chances. You've basically said he needs to either have an inch perfect ball placed on his forehead and / or no defenders pressuring him to score. And I didn't say they were easy chances anyway. I said they were good chances. Which they were.

Lower West
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Lower West » 13 Jan 2017 17:08

Hound The midfield was all wrong

The players available are ok individually but don't perm into a cohesive unit.

Huckleberry Hound

by Huckleberry Hound » 13 Jan 2017 18:53

Credit QPR for the job they did on us. Pressed us & played a high defensive line, giving us no room to play our game. Any attempts at going over the top in the first half saw us caught offside & we didn't seem to have any other ideas after that.

I found our increasingly inept attempts to crab our way towards their goal in the second half strangely enjoyable.

Williams & Van den Berg have no place in a team that seriously wants to be in the Premier League.

If Derby win tonight, there's a real possibility we could be out of the top six by the end of next weekend.

Top Flight
Hob Nob Regular

by Top Flight » 13 Jan 2017 19:26

Ian Royal
Top Flight
Ian Royal Except for when he regularly misses, like he did with two good chances last night.

If he's so bloody good, he shouldn't need them to be easy chances. You've basically said he needs to either have an inch perfect ball placed on his forehead and / or no defenders pressuring him to score. And I didn't say they were easy chances anyway. I said they were good chances. Which they were.

I'm not saying that they weren't good chances. I was just saying that they weren't all that easy either. Also, I'm saying that we don't create enough of those chances. Kitson used to head the ball wide as well. He used to miss the target and hit the crossbar too. But Kitson had a lot more to work with.

Kermorgant doesn't get enough service.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 13 Jan 2017 21:37

Derby looked utterly woeful tonight - appreciate Leeds are a good side, but we really shouldn't go there with any thoughts of inferiority. Need to get the QPR game out of the system and move on, hopefully with McShane back in the mix.

Matej Vydra - wow. Did they really pay 8m for that?

Muskrat
Hob Nob Regular

by Muskrat » 13 Jan 2017 21:54

In a word - abject. No creativity, no discernible shape, no pattern to our play. Same old story, 72% possession and 1 shot on target. People on here banging on about there being no plan B, how about getting plan A sorted out first eh? You know, the most frustrating thing is that the team last night were more than capable of winning that game if we'd had a different game plan. Flat back four, Williams and Kelly in CM, McCleary and Beerens as proper wingers and Swift in the Gylfi role just behind Kermogant and we would have appeared as a different team.

But no. Stam plays some utterly ridiculous formation with Obita and Gunter as"wing backs" even though neither is suited to that role, McCleary and Beerens narrow between the midfield and attack and Williams, for reasons that can only be known to himself, wide right. It was painfully obvious that the players just didn’t know what they were supposed to be doing!

And I'm sorry but to then come out after the game and imply that he hadn't been allowed to build a team when 5 of his signings played and another was left on the bench was frankly embarrassing.

He may be using us to cut his managerial teeth but we are the ones who are suffering.

135 posts