Stam Interview on BBCRB

Royal Ginger
Hob Nob Addict

Re: Stam Interview on BBCRB

by Royal Ginger » 13 Jan 2017 14:20

genome
Royal Ginger Chinese failed the fit and proper person's test but it was more to do with the presentation of their documents than their actual finances. An appeal is ongoing but it's taking time as Nigel Howe is out of the country.

:?:

80%

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 13 Jan 2017 17:04

So is Nigel the only person allowed to talk to the FL/PL then? Or perhaps he's the only one with an Adobe Editor licence and has taken his PC with him.

It's all getting rather silly.

Lower West
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Lower West » 13 Jan 2017 17:05

Originally the Thais said that the redevelopment around the ground would fund and support the football club. Now they intend keeping the land and selling purely the club. If that's how they do their business. You wonder what was said to Stam when they interviewed him for the job. He obviously came as he believed the project was long term. That appears in under 6 months to be in essence a lie. His presence made the football club more marketable to buyers that's all. If there was no long term plans. Then Brian could have achieved an ok job on a limited budget. Today's publication of the accounts shows that who ever owns the club will need deep pockets. That or player sales being the other way to balance the books. Understandable that Stam should vent. As in the space of a few months he has achieved miracles with relatively little.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 13 Jan 2017 17:10

Silver Fox
From Despair To Where? To be fair to Stam regarding him leaving, if that's the full transcript, that was a pretty loaded question from Dellor.

There's a surprise, perhaps Dim was hoping for a Rodgers style meltdown so he can pretend to be a journalist again
lol, unsnipeworthy

It was Jaap doing most of the talking.....maybe opening up a little bit too much in fact.

TD spent the following few minutes trying to undo the speculation that Jaaps words would bring, which have predictably been jumped on all over here

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 13 Jan 2017 18:03

Not living in the Radio Berks area, I didnt hear the interview, just read the transcript. If it is out of context with the overall discussion then fair enough.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 13 Jan 2017 18:07

It pretty much was, however

(And fwiw TD was asking the basic (0-1 defeat at home) questions embellished with the ownership thing...it was Jaap who blurted....and rightly so imo....he must be fuming...shaking with rage .....rip Alad)

JS wears his heart on his sleeve....that's how he played his football....his exit from MU was part of his constitution....he WILL say what he is thinking...no bullsh1t

Even TD was caught out by his honesty

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 13 Jan 2017 18:21

Ultimately....I think it was just Jaap doing a long-deserved "sounding-off"

frustrated by the result, frustrated by the reaction from the crowd and media despite our unlikely league position

Despite my initial worries at his appointment, I sincerely hope that this all blows over....can we really afford to lose him and his backroom/support staff right now?......... no definately not

Royal Ginger
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal Ginger » 13 Jan 2017 18:27

Sutekh So is Nigel the only person allowed to talk to the FL/PL then? Or perhaps he's the only one with an Adobe Editor licence and has taken his PC with him.

It's all getting rather silly.

Dunno. Do things not slow down when key people at your work go away? They do where I work. I believe it, you don't have to m'love.

Gunny Fishcake
Hob Nob Regular

by Gunny Fishcake » 13 Jan 2017 18:56

We all know Jaap wont be here long, sadly, he's like a loveable Labrador, love him but wont be around long, we're a glorious stepping stone to the fantasy land where Jaap will no doubt end up probably next season or after

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 13 Jan 2017 19:05

^ and his whole "make-up"/ personality means that he won't put up with any old sh1t

Admirable.....a quality appreciated by me.....and not lost on other teams ...I'm sure

Gunny Fishcake
Hob Nob Regular

by Gunny Fishcake » 13 Jan 2017 19:32

AthleticoSpizz ^ and his whole "make-up"/ personality means that he won't put up with any old sh1t

Admirable.....a quality appreciated by me.....and not lost on other teams ...I'm sure

+1

EverHopeful

by EverHopeful » 13 Jan 2017 21:25

royal_rumble I'm with Stam on this one. How can you not be concerned? How long is it taking to sign Ilori? I'm assuming potential Chinese owners having to put up some form of promise for the money pre-takeover. Why have they not taken over yet? Are they fit and proper (probably not given they've failed this test previously!). Thai owners actively selling the club after coming out and speaking about their vision for the club at the start of the season, soon after the land next to the stadium seems to be getting the go ahead?

Nothing to worry about here - just Stam deflecting clearly...

top post - clearly nothing to be worried about as you say - Stam maybe bye-bye , land already gone, no money again.......

WAZZOCK

by WAZZOCK » 13 Jan 2017 21:40

Royal Ginger Chinese failed the fit and proper person's test but it was more to do with the presentation of their documents than their actual finances. An appeal is ongoing but it's taking time as Nigel Howe is out of the country.

Howe was at the game yesterday, so your last bit is nonsense.

Tazewell Royal

by Tazewell Royal » 13 Jan 2017 21:44

I think maybe it's a Dutch thing. Koeman had digs at the people responsible for signings and the owner (at Everton) in his post match interview last weekend. This week he finally got one of the players he wanted.

Maybe Jaap Stam has taken a leaf out of his book and tried to get things moving.

The difference is, Tiger and his cronies are thousands of miles away (most of the time) and you wonder whether they will understand what he was talking about or whether Nigel will convey it to them.

The Thais have got what they wanted, some room for development (Royal Elm Park, with everything possible crammed in) and a nice fat profit. The Chinese are property developers, we should be very wary and not get too excited about any takeovers probably. As there have been numerous in England that have gone pear-shaped and it's always the fans that suffer, no one else.

Hopefully it will be third time lucky for RFC.

Royal Ginger
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal Ginger » 13 Jan 2017 22:13

WAZZOCK

Howe was at the game yesterday, so your last bit is nonsense.

Really? I'm extremely surprised by that. I was certain he was in Hong Kong. That was 3 days ago, so I suppose he could have got back but I didn't know that.

Lower West
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Lower West » 13 Jan 2017 23:45

Tazewell Royal
The difference is, Tiger and his cronies are thousands of miles away (most of the time) and you wonder whether they will understand what he was talking about or whether Nigel will convey it to them.

Makes you wonder if this is what Clarke experienced behind the scenes. Simply failed to deliver on their word.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 14 Jan 2017 12:09

Given clarke signed a whole team in the summer, including milliins for a loanee, and was gone before January. That seems rather massively unlikely. Especially as Stam got good support this summer.

Lets not forget two of the Thais will retain shares if the deal goes ahead.

Or that when they bought the club there were supposed to be 4 of them but one couldn't get through and now a second wants out, leaving them with half of the original investors.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 14 Jan 2017 18:17

Gunny Fishcake
AthleticoSpizz ^ and his whole "make-up"/ personality means that he won't put up with any old sh1t

+1

Add another +1 to that.

Lower West
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Lower West » 14 Jan 2017 18:23

Ian Royal Given clarke signed a whole team in the summer, including milliins for a loanee, and was gone before January. That seems rather massively unlikely.

Maybe so. But as we all know some signings never work out. Promotion push requires deep deep pockets to fund. One suspects that even the Thai's are now baulking at what's required. With a £15 million pound loss last year. Perhaps the novelty wore off. Nor did the Reading brand gain traction at home.