Rival Watch

17149 posts
Horsham Royal
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Rival Watch

by Horsham Royal » 28 Apr 2019 22:51

Hound I don’t mind villa too much tbf. Know a few or their fans who are decent sorts

But obvs much rather WBA. Not sure I could cope with the fat frank love if Derby went up

Kind of hoping FL gets Derby up as I pay no attention all to the PL (unless of course RFC are participating).
That way I never have to suffer the FL worship again.

JR

by JR » 28 Apr 2019 23:02

Fox Talbot Talking of which ^^^^

Five minutes of pure. classic, dirty Leeds …

0-0, Kodija kicked out the game, lying injured, Leeds don't put the ball out, dummy to put the ball out, go on instead, score, heavy handbags ensue in penalty area and touchline, Bamford fakes being head-butted and gets Villa man sent off, Bielsa does the right thing (!) and tells his men to let Villa walk through and get an equaliser into the empty net - and Pontus makes an attempt to clear it while berating his manager.

Look forward to seeing them in Reading again next season. xx

I would be furious if this was Reading and we let a team walk in an equaliser. Completely with Pontus on this one.

One of my biggest frustrations when watching football is players who think they are the ref and kick the ball out whenever a player is on the floor - and we know as fans that half the time there is no injury.

Denver Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Denver Royal » 28 Apr 2019 23:35

Horsham Royal
Hound I don’t mind villa too much tbf. Know a few or their fans who are decent sorts
But obvs much rather WBA. Not sure I could cope with the fat frank love if Derby went up

Kind of hoping FL gets Derby up as I pay no attention all to the PL (unless of course RFC are participating).
That way I never have to suffer the FL worship again.

Villa? Mings could have killed someone FFS. A multiple offender, too.
Re. Derby, the day I’m not able to tune out or manage the media, social media, etc, will be a sad day.
Yes, of course, Lampard will get some press. Anticipate/know that going in, deal with it accordingly.
He does deserve some press, however. Any first year manager that gets his team in Top 6 in Champ is due some.
West Brom? The firing of Moore was disgraceful, imo.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 28 Apr 2019 23:48

JR

0-0, Kodija kicked out the game, lying injured, Leeds don't put the ball out, dummy to put the ball out, go on instead, score, heavy handbags ensue in penalty area and touchline, Bamford fakes being head-butted and gets Villa man sent off, Bielsa does the right thing (!) and tells his men to let Villa walk through and get an equaliser into the empty net - and Pontus makes an attempt to clear it while berating his manager.

I would be furious if this was Reading and we let a team walk in an equaliser. Completely with Pontus on this one.

One of my biggest frustrations when watching football is players who think they are the ref and kick the ball out whenever a player is on the floor - and we know as fans that half the time there is no injury.

It had me wishing we'd given a Watford a walk In for the ghost goal.

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 29 Apr 2019 00:06

muirinho

Bielsa is too good for Leeds tbh

Where’s that mot mong when you need him? Would quite like to hear a Leeds perspective on what it’s like to bottle it again.

Fox Talbot
Hob Nob Regular

by Fox Talbot » 29 Apr 2019 08:15

Snowflake Royal
JR

It had me wishing we'd given a Watford a walk In for the ghost goal.

Same ref!

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 29 Apr 2019 08:59

Who to go up in the play-offs? Have to look at who would be left behind and the state they would be in:

Leeds: Bielsa would likely leave if they don't go up and the owner has already made comments about selling if they don't - this could easily be their best/only chance to go up for a few years likely to fall away next year

Villa: Due to not tightening their budget, FFP is going to hit them next year - will lose key loanees like Abraham and likely not be able to replace them - may need to sell Grealish etc too. Could easily fall back into mid table next year.

Derby: Owner rumoured to want to sell, squad build this year was very much planned on getting up this year. Will lose loanees like Mount & Wilson who will either be around their own clubs first teams on more likely on loan in the PL. Always likely to be top 10 but may not mount a promotion push.

Boro: Poor team going forward who will need a rebuild next year to challenge.

WBA: Feel like they would be challenging again next year.

So on that basis, you want WBA to go up as the other clubs, collectively or individually could be a basket case next year.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 29 Apr 2019 09:03

The relegated clubs from the Prem will be interesting

Fulham seem to have found form and still have a nucleus of good players. Depends on who they want to/need to sell but think they’ll challenge next year

Hudders have looked absolutely woeful whenever I have watched them this season. But they’ve got a few good champ players and presumably not spent too much on players and wages.

Cardiff will probably be fairly strong. Again a decent nucleus of players and they’ve not spent a huge amount.

LUX
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by LUX » 29 Apr 2019 09:03

JR

agreed you should play to the whistle, that's the law, but the Leeds player feigned putting the ball out of play, the Villa players stopped for 5 seconds, then the Leeds player initiated the attacking move. Bielsa was definitely correct in what he did.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 29 Apr 2019 09:11

Hound The relegated clubs from the Prem will be interesting

Fulham seem to have found form and still have a nucleus of good players. Depends on who they want to/need to sell but think they’ll challenge next year

Hudders have looked absolutely woeful whenever I have watched them this season. But they’ve got a few good champ players and presumably not spent too much on players and wages.

Cardiff will probably be fairly strong. Again a decent nucleus of players and they’ve not spent a huge amount.

You would expect Fulham to be up there but they will lose quite a few from there current team - can't see Babel, Mitrovic being there next season - Sessegnon will attract interest (Spurs interested apparently) and Cairney could well go too.

Loans they have Rico, Fosu-Mensah, Chambers, Schurrle, Nordveidt - all likely to leave. Will be a massive rebuilding job for Parker, assuming he gets it.

Huddersfield - Can see them being next years Stoke - just plodding along in lower mid-table, not really getting in trouble but never quite threatening to get on a run. Early games will be massive for them, if they lose a couple of their opening games, could be a long season.

Cardiff (assuming it will be them) - I think it all depends on Warnock. If he decides to stay on they will do well (he is making noises that he would like to), quite possible though that he decides that at 70 it's time to call it a day or Cardiff decide that for him.

Denver Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Denver Royal » 29 Apr 2019 14:22

Stranded Cardiff (assuming it will be them) - I think it all depends on Warnock. If he decides to stay on they will do well (he is making noises that he would like to), quite possible though that he decides that at 70 it's time to call it a day or Cardiff decide that for him.

I'll be surprised if he doesn't return regardless of div. Think he has at least one more year on his deal. He has a really good rapport with the fans, who really get behind him and the team no matter what (in stark contrast to Brighton).
Think Cardiff would be very well equipped for the Champ. They are a tight group, they don't have many 'stars' and won't lose many players, and most of them (and Warnock) know the Champ real well.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 29 Apr 2019 14:25

LUX
JR

agreed you should play to the whistle, that's the law, but the Leeds player feigned putting the ball out of play, the Villa players stopped for 5 seconds, then the Leeds player initiated the attacking move. Bielsa was definitely correct in what he did.

I think they only did because they've basically got nothing to play for now.

If they were still challenging with Sheff Utd for 2nd, absolutely no chance they let them walk that goal in.

Denver Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Denver Royal » 29 Apr 2019 14:29

genome
LUX
JR

If they were still challenging with Sheff Utd for 2nd, absolutely no chance they let them walk that goal in.

Heh, yep, even if Bielsa had instructed them to...

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 29 Apr 2019 14:35

genome
LUX
JR

Yeh, agreed. It's a shame Jansson didn't manage to clear it, the reaction to that would've been incredible to watch.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 29 Apr 2019 14:36

Pepe the Horseman
genome
LUX

Yeh, agreed. It's a shame Jansson didn't manage to clear it, the reaction to that would've been incredible to watch.

Or if Adomah had missed :lol:

JR

by JR » 29 Apr 2019 14:41

Pepe the Horseman
genome
LUX

Yep, would have loved to have seen him defending a corner in his own :lol:

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 29 Apr 2019 14:45

Order of preference would be Boro>West Brom>Bristol>Derby>Leeds/Villa

Boro and West Brom are harmless, but would probably prefer Boro because as Denver said, West Brom's treatment of Moore was disgraceful (almost like Derby and Clement a few seasons ago :wink: ) Plus would rather get Pulis out the division with his anti-football. Appreciate Boro are unlikely to reach top 6 though

Don't particularly like Bristol or Derby but they're nothing compared to Leeds and Villa. Leeds are just scum lead by an honest tactician, have nothing against Bielsa but have a bigger rational dislike of Leeds. Don't know why anyone wants Villa up, from Mings deliberately stamping on Oliveira's head, to their cheats who throw themselves to the floor (El Ghazi at our place :roll: ) and Dean Smith who thinks the world revolves around him and his style, absolute vile club, no thank you

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 29 Apr 2019 14:53

Would prefer Boro to go up as it gets another non-descript Northern team out of the division and off our schedule next year. Villa, West Brom and Leeds are better away days and far more interesting games

Plus I can't be doing with Leeds winning the playoffs

Denver Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Denver Royal » 29 Apr 2019 15:14

genome Would prefer Boro to go up as it gets another non-descript Northern team out of the division and off our schedule next year. Villa, West Brom and Leeds are better away days and far more interesting games

Plus I can't be doing with Leeds winning the playoffs

Yep, Villa Park is a decent away day.
(Better than Birmingham, where a few years back upon arrival, I parked and then actually had to pay a kid to watch my car :shock: .Never again. Anyone else had that happen to them at other grounds?)
Last edited by Denver Royal on 29 Apr 2019 15:19, edited 3 times in total.

John Smith
Hob Nob Regular

by John Smith » 29 Apr 2019 15:15

URZZZZ Order of preference would be Boro>West Brom>Bristol>Derby>Leeds/Villa

Boro and West Brom are harmless, but would probably prefer Boro because as Denver said, West Brom's treatment of Moore was disgraceful (almost like Derby and Clement a few seasons ago :wink: ) Plus would rather get Pulis out the division with his anti-football. Appreciate Boro are unlikely to reach top 6 though

Don't particularly like Bristol or Derby but they're nothing compared to Leeds and Villa. Leeds are just scum lead by an honest tactician, have nothing against Bielsa but have a bigger rational dislike of Leeds. Don't know why anyone wants Villa up, from Mings deliberately stamping on Oliveira's head, to their cheats who throw themselves to the floor (El Ghazi at our place :roll: ) and Dean Smith who thinks the world revolves around him and his style, absolute vile club, no thank you

Another brilliant post. Villa are a disgrace and think they warrant a place in the Prem. They must suffer further.

17149 posts