Rival Watch

17257 posts
Mr Optimist
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Rival Watch

by Mr Optimist » 07 Jan 2020 20:07

The world’s gone soft, wanting Oxford to get promoted, and even our little non league friends Wycombe. If Oxford are going to have a Berks Oxon derby it should be against Maidenhead or even better Slough.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 07 Jan 2020 20:53

Mr Optimist The world’s gone soft, wanting Oxford to get promoted, and even our little non league friends Wycombe. If Oxford are going to have a Berks Oxon derby it should be against Maidenhead or even better Slough.

Yep, have no real interest in seeing Oxford and their useless stadium come up

Though do agree with the earlier point of needing some more southern clubs in the division, it’s ridiculously northern atm

Lower West
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Lower West » 07 Jan 2020 21:55

windermereROYAL Looking like Birmingham have joined Sheffield Wednesday by being charged for selling the stadium to themselves, don`t know where that leaves us and Derby.

Get some transfer business done before there's another embargo. 8)

Foreign owners appear to like pushing the boundararies.

WTRoyal

by WTRoyal » 07 Jan 2020 23:06

windermereROYAL Looking like Birmingham have joined Sheffield Wednesday by being charged for selling the stadium to themselves, don`t know where that leaves us and Derby.

Think we'll be ok, as I understand it (with little to no research) the problems with Sheff W & Birmingham transactions is that the amounts and timings of the actual transactions are not the same as in detailed in the proposals to the FA - hence, now the discrepancies have come to light, enquiries are under way.

royalp-we
Hob Nob Regular

by royalp-we » 07 Jan 2020 23:34

Lower West

Get some transfer business done before there's another embargo. 8)

Foreign owners appear to like pushing the boundararies.

I heard that Birmingham, like Reading, had our stadiums independently valued. So won’t be getting charged.

Sheff Weds (already charged), Derby (Pending) and Villa took the p!ss in their valuations of the land.

The latest one for Birmingham is that they were expected to sell players last January to comply with the EFL's imposed business plan, but because they were offered such small fees they held off until the summer.

tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

by tidus_mi2 » 07 Jan 2020 23:47

I do feel like Villa could be slammed hard by the EFL if they get relegated, already one of the biggest clubs in the league + parachute payments and they still smashed FFP and did a dodgy sale of their stadium.

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 08 Jan 2020 00:42

Hound
Mr Optimist The world’s gone soft, wanting Oxford to get promoted, and even our little non league friends Wycombe. If Oxford are going to have a Berks Oxon derby it should be against Maidenhead or even better Slough.

Yep, have no real interest in seeing Oxford and their useless stadium come up

Though do agree with the earlier point of needing some more southern clubs in the division, it’s ridiculously northern atm

Not sure we’re one to talk about stadiums etc...

The Championship always seems to have quite a few Northern clubs but by the same token, it doesn’t seem as bad this year. At least we have 5 London away days and then there’s always the likes of Bristol, Cardiff, Swansea etc which isn’t too bad

And presuming we do stay in the Champ next season, there’s a couple of OK Prem teams hovering around the relegation zone that wouldn’t be bad away games. Hopefully getting rid of the likes of Barnsley, Wigan, Leeds etc too would help

John Smith
Hob Nob Regular

by John Smith » 08 Jan 2020 10:22

Hendo
Hendo
John Smith I see Harry Arter scored goal of the round in the FA Cup this weekend, against Premier League opposition, further proving his ability to perform at the highest level

Odd that the goal of the round has already been awarded with one tie still left to play... Could get a decent one from either a Leeds player or an Arsenal player.

Awkward...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/51007672

Pathetic. Time to boycott the BBC. I don't want my license fees going to biased tossers like that.

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 08 Jan 2020 10:26

Should have rallied together all the members of the Harry After fan club to vote then.

My mistake, you did.....

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 08 Jan 2020 10:52

John Smith
Hendo
Hendo
Odd that the goal of the round has already been awarded with one tie still left to play... Could get a decent one from either a Leeds player or an Arsenal player.

Awkward...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/51007672

Pathetic. Time to boycott the BBC. I don't want my license fees going to biased tossers like that.

What do you think of Arter being the 11th best rated Fulham player on WhoScored JS, with a very average rating of 6.68?

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 08 Jan 2020 12:17

Hound
John Smith

What do you think of Arter being the 11th best rated Fulham player on WhoScored JS, with a very average rating of 6.68?

Do they deduct points for being a cheat?

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 08 Jan 2020 12:20

leon
Hound
John Smith Pathetic. Time to boycott the BBC. I don't want my license fees going to biased tossers like that.

Do they deduct points for being a cheat?

Possibly. A few more for being very punchable as well I expect.

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 08 Jan 2020 12:34

Hound
John Smith

He'll answer once he's given up arguing over on the US Politics thread.

John Smith
Hob Nob Regular

by John Smith » 08 Jan 2020 14:51

sandman
Hound
John Smith Pathetic. Time to boycott the BBC. I don't want my license fees going to biased tossers like that.

I don't do politics.

I'm not sure that website should be taken as gospel. It's just an angle, a bit like xG. Some believe in fully, others think it's utter drivel. I use it for betting and still never win.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 08 Jan 2020 15:10

John Smith
sandman
Hound

I don't do politics.

I'm not sure that website should be taken as gospel. It's just an angle, a bit like xG. Some believe in fully, others think it's utter drivel. I use it for betting and still never win.

The only certain bet you can make these days is if Harry Arter plays he does well.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 08 Jan 2020 15:30

Old Man Andrews
John Smith
sandman

I don't do politics.

The only certain bet you can make these days is if Harry Arter plays he does well.

not that well according to WhoScored....Bang average in fact. Almost an entire point behind Swift :D

Not taking it as gospel at all, but it gives a fair summary

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 08 Jan 2020 16:11

Old Man Andrews
John Smith
sandman

I don't do politics.

The only certain bet you can make these days is if Harry Arter plays he gets booked because he’s a thug

Edited for you

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 08 Jan 2020 16:18

URZZZZ
Old Man Andrews
John Smith I don't do politics.

The only certain bet you can make these days is if Harry Arter plays he'll try to get someone sent off by crying like a baby in front of the ref

Edited for you

and again

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 09 Jan 2020 15:55

Steven Fletcher injured for 10 weeks for Wednesday with a knee injury (currently 5th top scorer in the league)

Considering they only have Rhodes, Nuhiu and Winnall left at the moment, think they'll struggle up top. Although not sure where Forestieri is?

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 09 Jan 2020 15:57

URZZZZ Steven Fletcher injured for 10 weeks for Wednesday with a knee injury (currently 5th top scorer in the league)

Considering they only have Rhodes, Nuhiu and Winnall left at the moment, think they'll struggle up top. Although not sure where Forestieri is?

Looks like he has been out with a knee injury as well and is only just coming back to fitness. Missed the whole of December.

17257 posts