Rival Watch

17149 posts
John Smith
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Rival Watch

by John Smith » 09 Jan 2020 16:04

Mr Optimist The world’s gone soft, wanting Oxford to get promoted, and even our little non league friends Wycombe. If Oxford are going to have a Berks Oxon derby it should be against Maidenhead or even better Slough.

Good post. And one that could only be the point of view of an actual supporter.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 09 Jan 2020 20:05

URZZZZ Steven Fletcher injured for 10 weeks for Wednesday with a knee injury (currently 5th top scorer in the league)

Considering they only have Rhodes, Nuhiu and Winnall left at the moment, think they'll struggle up top. Although not sure where Forestieri is?

They only have 3 proven goalscorers left??????? What ever will they do?

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 10 Jan 2020 06:40

Old Man Andrews
URZZZZ Steven Fletcher injured for 10 weeks for Wednesday with a knee injury (currently 5th top scorer in the league)

Considering they only have Rhodes, Nuhiu and Winnall left at the moment, think they'll struggle up top. Although not sure where Forestieri is?

They only have 3 proven goalscorers left??????? What ever will they do?

Rhodes hasn't reached double figures for 5 seasons, Nuhiu has reached double figures once in 7 years for Wednesday and averages 5 a season and Sam Winnall has 1 goal in 18 months and 5 in 3 years for Wednesday.

In the last 2 seasons, Fletcher has scored more than the other 3 combined.

Forestieri would appear bo be either permacrocked or permabanned for being a racist.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 10 Jan 2020 07:10

Fletcher is a big loss

Interesting that Cardiff let Madine go for free (8m quid, no goals for them) - wouldn’t be surprised to see him end up there, but not sure what the Wednesday transfer situation is like

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 10 Jan 2020 10:30

Rhodes is a weird one, he used to bang them in consistently with Blackburn, been a complete flop pretty much ever since. I don’t think going to Boro was the best career move for him considering Blackburn played to his strengths and Boro under Karanka weren’t exactly the most offensive team

Even Madine under Bolton scored quite a few there, no idea how he turned out so poorly for Cardiff. IIRC 50% of his goals in the last two years have come against us :roll:

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 10 Jan 2020 10:38

I suspect with Rhodes, he's a poacher and needs to be the focal point of the attack to be successful. He's also not the hardest working player.

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 10 Jan 2020 10:41

URZZZZ Rhodes is a weird one, he used to bang them in consistently with Blackburn, been a complete flop pretty much ever since. I don’t think going to Boro was the best career move for him considering Blackburn played to his strengths and Boro under Karanka weren’t exactly the most offensive team

Even Madine under Bolton scored quite a few there, no idea how he turned out so poorly for Cardiff. IIRC 50% of his goals in the last two years have come against us :roll:

He scored 27, 25 and 21 goals 2012-2015 which is quite staggering.

A goal every 1.9 games in his time at Blackburn.

A career total of a goal every 2.3 games is still very, very good. Just hasn't happened for him over the last few years.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 10 Jan 2020 11:38

Hendo
URZZZZ Rhodes is a weird one, he used to bang them in consistently with Blackburn, been a complete flop pretty much ever since. I don’t think going to Boro was the best career move for him considering Blackburn played to his strengths and Boro under Karanka weren’t exactly the most offensive team

A career total of a goal every 2.3 games is still very, very good. Just hasn't happened for him over the last few years.

Didn’t he score a hatrick out of the blue against forest the other week?

Madine did well for Sheff Utd last year - they liked him a lot there I believe

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 10 Jan 2020 11:39

Hound
Hendo

Yep, 14th December, his only goals of the season.

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 10 Jan 2020 12:10

Hound
Hendo

Wouldn't be surprised if Madine went back to Sheffield if both Sharp and Clarke leave there

Barb

by Barb » 10 Jan 2020 14:25

URZZZZ
Hound
Hendo

Wouldn't be surprised if Madine went back to Sheffield if both Sharp and Clarke leave there

:lol:

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 10 Jan 2020 22:55

Smith-Rowe and Stearman joined Huddersfield

On the few occasions I’ve seen ESR he’s looked OK for Arsenal so could be a good loan signing for them

Simmops
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Simmops » 10 Jan 2020 23:21

URZZZZ Smith-Rowe and Stearman joined Huddersfield

On the few occasions I’ve seen ESR he’s looked OK for Arsenal so could be a good loan signing for them

Not a good move. He would be more suited to L1 football. Huddersfield are dross.

Simmops
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Simmops » 11 Jan 2020 21:15

The best team in the league got comprehensively outplayed and outmuscled today.

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 11 Jan 2020 21:41

Simmops The best team in the world got comprehensively outplayed and outmuscled today.

Corrected for you.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 11 Jan 2020 22:21

1 win in 7 for Leeds - Brentford starting to close the gap. Best side in the league, right?

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 11 Jan 2020 23:06

genome 1 win in 7 for Leeds - Brentford starting to close the gap. Best side in the league, right?

Annual choke for Leeds. WBA not doing much better either

Brentford very good earlier, front three is arguably the best in the division, and IIRC they said Brentford have conceded the least goals this season

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 12 Jan 2020 00:37

Said it before and I will say it again.

Lowest point tally required to finish 2nd and 6th and highest required to finish 21st.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 12 Jan 2020 06:52

Can certainly see Brentford making top two

I honestly aren’t sure Leeds are all that. Depends if they can do some good business this month

Sheff weds an odd team. Thrash forest and beat Leeds but have some shockers as well

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 12 Jan 2020 11:00

To be fair, Leeds never seem able to beat Monk, 4 points from this season for Monk, did the double over them last season etc

Monk always seems to have a weird record of beating better teams, but losing to teams lower down in the table. From last year, when he was at Birmingham, I remember them losing consistently to our rivals

17149 posts