Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: Rival Watch

by Simmops » 12 Jan 2020 19:55

URZZZZ
Simmops
URZZZZ
I thought he was on ignore?

He is.

Nice Whiteknighting there. I thought better of you.

Not whiteknighting anyone. I was just wondering why you replied to someone who you had on ignore

No I didn't.

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 15 Jan 2020 11:54

Darren Randolph leaves Middlesborough to go back to West Ham.

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 15 Jan 2020 22:26

Sheffield Wednesday have launched a season ticket plan that guarantees fans a seat for 10 years after their next promotion to the Premier League

Eh?

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 15 Jan 2020 22:31

URZZZZ Sheffield Wednesday have launched a season ticket plan that guarantees fans a seat for 10 years after their next promotion to the Premier League

Eh?

Hats off to them for trying something new and different. It's kind of a long term investment I guess.

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 15 Jan 2020 22:34

Old Man Andrews
URZZZZ Sheffield Wednesday have launched a season ticket plan that guarantees fans a seat for 10 years after their next promotion to the Premier League

Eh?

Hats off to them for trying something new and different. It's kind of a long term investment I guess.

It's a massive risk though if they don't manage to achieve promotion in the near future IMO because from what I can gather, the deal starts from next season

So if it takes them 25 years to get promoted, that's a season ticket for 35 years surely?

Jagermesiter1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Jagermesiter1871 » 15 Jan 2020 22:42

URZZZZ
Old Man Andrews

Eh?

It's a massive risk though if they don't manage to achieve promotion in the near future IMO because from what I can gather, the deal starts from next season

So if it takes them 25 years to get promoted, that's a season ticket for 35 years surely?

Wouldn't it be 10 seasons? Or am I completely lost - it sounds mental whatever it is.

Simmops
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Simmops » 15 Jan 2020 22:42

URZZZZ
Old Man Andrews

Eh?

Do you buy the ticket now and pay now and it has no expiry or do you buy it then, or have to be a current st holder? It is a great idea tbh.

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 15 Jan 2020 22:46

Jagermesiter1871
URZZZZ
Old Man Andrews Hats off to them for trying something new and different. It's kind of a long term investment I guess.

Wouldn't it be 10 seasons? Or am I completely lost - it sounds mental whatever it is.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/51129422

"There is no maximum to the number of years outside the Premier League. For example, if we achieve promotion in 15 years, those first 15 years are free and then the 10 years starts to count down"

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 15 Jan 2020 22:47

Simmops
URZZZZ
Old Man Andrews Hats off to them for trying something new and different. It's kind of a long term investment I guess.

Do you buy the ticket now and pay now and it has no expiry or do you buy it then, or have to be a current st holder? It is a great idea tbh.

It says fans will be able to use the tickets from the start of next season so I guess you can buy it now

Ranging from £4,550 to £6,400

Jagermesiter1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Jagermesiter1871 » 15 Jan 2020 23:05

URZZZZ
Jagermesiter1871
URZZZZ

"There is no maximum to the number of years outside the Premier League. For example, if we achieve promotion in 15 years, those first 15 years are free and then the 10 years starts to count down"

Tbf £6400 is quite a bit. That is probably about 12 years of season tickets + plus the club gets it all in a lump sum. Smart.

WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WestYorksRoyal » 15 Jan 2020 23:10

Jagermesiter1871
URZZZZ
Jagermesiter1871

Tbf £6400 is quite a bit. That is probably about 12 years of season tickets + plus the club gets it all in a lump sum. Smart.

Sounds like FFP circumnavigation. From an accounting view, there is no way they should be recognizing the full £6400 in year 1, but I bet they find a way.

muirinho
Hob Nob Regular

by muirinho » 15 Jan 2020 23:17

WestYorksRoyal
Jagermesiter1871
URZZZZ

Sounds like FFP circumnavigation. From an accounting view, there is no way they should be recognizing the full £6400 in year 1, but I bet they find a way.

Surely though it would make FFP problems more likely rather than less, unless they actually get promoted? Because they wouldn't have that income from the tickets coming in the second and subsequent years.

I'd say they will spread the money from the tickets over 15 years alright - but what they will get now is a bit of injection of capital - essentially it's a loan from the supporters to the club without any interest being charged

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 16 Jan 2020 00:13

muirinho
WestYorksRoyal
Jagermesiter1871

Surely though it would make FFP problems more likely rather than less, unless they actually get promoted? Because they wouldn't have that income from the tickets coming in the second and subsequent years.

I'd say they will spread the money from the tickets over 15 years alright - but what they will get now is a bit of injection of capital - essentially it's a loan from the supporters to the club without any interest being charged

Personally not sure demand will be too high for them anyway

Not many people will be that willing to just flutter away 6k I don’t think

JR

by JR » 16 Jan 2020 00:47

WestYorksRoyal
Jagermesiter1871
URZZZZ

I was just thinking good luck to their auditor!!

Chameleon

by Chameleon » 16 Jan 2020 02:00

WestYorksRoyal
Jagermesiter1871
URZZZZ

Yeah, there's surely no way that they can recognise it all this year, it'd have to be recognised over a minimum of 15 years, and hence that'll make this move cashflow positive for this year, but FFP worse for this year. Maybe they're so boned by FFP already that it doesn't matter one jot?

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 16 Jan 2020 07:10

Smacks of desperation to get some cash in tbh

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 16 Jan 2020 08:25

URZZZZ
Simmops
URZZZZ

It says fans will be able to use the tickets from the start of next season so I guess you can buy it now

Terrible gamble that might pay off. They're obviously up the shit for money, so I assume it's a way of robbing the future to pay the present.

Is there some sort of clause about minimum attendance or it's cancelled? They might have done some research, found 60% of STs are only kept or regularly attended for 5 years so they can charge for the equivalent of 6, it looks like a great deal but then 2 or 3 years down the line they start expiring on non-attendance and can be resold.

Seems very fishy and not very prudent.

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 16 Jan 2020 09:25

Snowflake Royal
URZZZZ
Simmops

Terrible gamble that might pay off. They're obviously up the shit for money, so I assume it's a way of robbing the future to pay the present.

That's basically what Leeds did, isn't it, gambling on future revenue. After their shenanigans with the stadium sale, I'd imagine the Football League will be on this like flies to shit.

I suppose the one thing going for Wednesday is that Nuhui, Forrestieri, Winnall, Rhodes and Fletcher are all out of contract in the summer so that's about about £175,000 a week off the wagebill which is about the same amount of money saved in 1 year that this scheme would generate in total if 1500 people took it up (not taking into account the potential lost revenue further down the line).

Franchise FC
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Franchise FC » 16 Jan 2020 09:44

From Despair To Where?
Snowflake Royal
URZZZZ

That's basically what Leeds did, isn't it, gambling on future revenue. After their shenanigans with the stadium sale, I'd imagine the Football League will be on this like flies to shit.

I suppose the one thing going for Wednesday is that Nuhui, Forrestieri, Winnall, Rhodes and Fletcher are all out of contract in the summer so that's about about £200,000 a week off the wagebill.

This doesn't seem to be a million miles away from what we did under the Russian's, albeit that was apparently a loan from one source rather than a few thousand individuals. Still gambling on the future revenue

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 16 Jan 2020 09:57

And that worked out an absolute treat for us, didn't it?

17149 posts