Rival Watch

17257 posts
WoodleyRoyal
Hob Nob Addict
Location: when was the last time you did something for the first time?

Re: Rival Watch

by WoodleyRoyal » 30 Jan 2020 16:14

Old Man Andrews Money aside it must be so bleak knowing you have to go to Burnley.

well you sure as hell wouldn't live there

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 30 Jan 2020 16:15

WoodleyRoyal
Old Man Andrews Money aside it must be so bleak knowing you have to go to Burnley.

well you sure as hell wouldn't live there

Even playing for them must be a struggle. It's like going back in time 20 years.

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 30 Jan 2020 16:50

Hendo Josh Brownhill on his way out of Bristol City, on his way to Burnely.

Didn't think he was that great for them on Tuesday.

What’s Burnley’s obsessions with buying Championship players who inevitably fail?

Wells, Vydra, Gibson, Peacock Farrell etc

Complete waste of time for both club and player

Blue Label

by Blue Label » 30 Jan 2020 17:12

https://yellowsforum.co.uk/threads/oufc-rivals.3252/

Came across this, whilst trying to see the Pox opinion of Liam Kelly.

Would be good if they got promoted to catch up with some old acquaintances

Brain Traysers

by Brain Traysers » 30 Jan 2020 18:38

Brentford have reportedly had a £3m bid accepted by Oxford for ex RFC academy players Shandon Baptiste and Tariqe Fosu (of terrorizing Derby fame).

Both have been key in Oxford's unexpectedly strong first half of the season, and the fee seems a bit of a steal for 21 and 24 year old players with 1.5 and 2.5y on their contracts respectively. A championship move is not completely out of the blue, although it's surprising a club with short term ambitions to get promoted in Brentford think they are ready for the step - I wonder if they are being opportunistic as there is scope for large profits on those fees.

leon
Hob Nob Legend

Re: The big "Leeds are falling apart again" thread sponsored by Old Man Andrews

by leon » 31 Jan 2020 00:53

Snowflake Royal
WoodleyRoyal
NewCorkSeth I vote for John Smith.

+1

And another.

Late to this but +1 as well.

Shit poster. Not funny. Unintelligent. Wnaker.

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 31 Jan 2020 01:03

leon
Snowflake Royal
WoodleyRoyal
+1

And another.

But apart from that, he’s all right?

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 31 Jan 2020 01:07

Nahki Wells gone to Bristol for five million. At least we’ve already played them twice this year, stops his inevitable goal

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 31 Jan 2020 06:02

leon
Snowflake Royal
WoodleyRoyal
+1

And another.

Nice sig etc.....

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 31 Jan 2020 07:20

URZZZZ Nahki Wells gone to Bristol for five million. At least we’ve already played them twice this year, stops his inevitable goal

Not a bad deal all round that.

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 31 Jan 2020 08:25

Anyone Robinson going to AC Milan for £10 million. That’s a bit strange isn’t it?

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 31 Jan 2020 08:29

URZZZZ Anyone Robinson going to AC Milan for £10 million. That’s a bit strange isn’t it?

I didn't know they had a quota to fill with people who's surname was Robinson, etc.

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 31 Jan 2020 08:31

Brain Traysers Brentford have reportedly had a £3m bid accepted by Oxford for ex RFC academy players Shandon Baptiste and Tariqe Fosu (of terrorizing Derby fame).

Both have been key in Oxford's unexpectedly strong first half of the season, and the fee seems a bit of a steal for 21 and 24 year old players with 1.5 and 2.5y on their contracts respectively. A championship move is not completely out of the blue, although it's surprising a club with short term ambitions to get promoted in Brentford think they are ready for the step - I wonder if they are being opportunistic as there is scope for large profits on those fees.

I thought I saw on twitter a while back that the oxf*rd fans were convinced that Baptiste was going to go for £10m (or something silly) along with Fosu.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 31 Jan 2020 08:38

Hendo
URZZZZ Anyone Robinson going to AC Milan for £10 million. That’s a bit strange isn’t it?

I didn't know they had a quota to fill with people who's surname was Robinson, etc.

Don't know loads about him, but saw some chart the other day which showed him being by far the most attacking FB in the division, and that at a dire club like Wigan - so I assume he is decent

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 31 Jan 2020 09:24

Hendo

Milan famously signed Smokey Robinson in the 1950's. It's a long standing club tradition.

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 31 Jan 2020 11:27

Both Bowen and Grosicki leaving Hull today, with Grosicki already confirmed at WBA

Handy for next weekend. Hull looking at Marcus Maddison who is a good player but no where near the level of those two

Charlton have signed McGeady too

WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WestYorksRoyal » 31 Jan 2020 11:54

URZZZZ Both Bowen and Grosicki leaving Hull today, with Grosicki already confirmed at WBA

Handy for next weekend. Hull looking at Marcus Maddison who is a good player but no where near the level of those two

Last year, Bowen, Campbell and Grosicki tore us a new one up at the KC. As good a front 3 as you could want at this level. Bowen was always going to move on to better things, but I'm amazed they have let all 3 go.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 31 Jan 2020 11:59

WestYorksRoyal
URZZZZ Both Bowen and Grosicki leaving Hull today, with Grosicki already confirmed at WBA

Last year, Bowen, Campbell and Grosicki tore us a new one up at the KC. As good a front 3 as you could want at this level. Bowen was always going to move on to better things, but I'm amazed they have let all 3 go.

Still owned by the Allam's aren't they? Think they have pretty much checked out as owners, so not majorly surprising. As said, should help us next weekend.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 31 Jan 2020 12:07

Stranded
WestYorksRoyal

Still owned by the Allam's aren't they? Think they have pretty much checked out as owners, so not majorly surprising. As said, should help us next weekend.

Yeah, its a give up on the playoffs and cash in window for Hull. Understandable I suppose

RFCMod

by RFCMod » 31 Jan 2020 12:20

Old Man Andrews
Hendo

Milan famously signed Smokey Robinson in the 1950's. It's a long standing club tradition.

Signing Tommy to lead the Ultras as well

17257 posts