Rival Watch

17256 posts
Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

Re: Rival Watch

by Nameless » 13 Jul 2020 09:15

URZZZZ
genome Promotion clinching goal there for Leeds. That's them up I reckon

For all of Brentford’s quality and endeavour these past few weeks, it deserves to be Leeds and WBA up automatically as they’ve been the front runners throughout

Given no one seems to want 6th spot at the moment, you’d expect Brentford/Fulham to walk over them in the semis given both their recent form but then again this is the Championship, and anything can happen

If Brentford catch WBA then they deserve to go up. Being the front runner is irrelevant, because if you finish third you haven’t done as well over the season as the team’s that finish above you.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 13 Jul 2020 09:19

Nameless
URZZZZ
genome Promotion clinching goal there for Leeds. That's them up I reckon

For all of Brentford’s quality and endeavour these past few weeks, it deserves to be Leeds and WBA up automatically as they’ve been the front runners throughout

Given no one seems to want 6th spot at the moment, you’d expect Brentford/Fulham to walk over them in the semis given both their recent form but then again this is the Championship, and anything can happen

If Brentford catch WBA then they deserve to go up. Being the front runner is irrelevant, because if you finish third you haven’t done as well over the season as the team’s that finish above you.

Neither side are as good as Leeds which is a point I made in about September last year much to the ammusement of many.

SouthDownsRoyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SouthDownsRoyal » 13 Jul 2020 09:30

Leeds are a good side, as are WBA and Brentford, over the course of the season I would put them all on a par, have seen some excellent bits from all three of them.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 13 Jul 2020 09:38

SouthDownsRoyal Leeds are a good side, as are WBA and Brentford, over the course of the season I would put them all on a par, have seen some excellent bits from all three of them.

But they aren't on par. Look at the points totals, there is a reason why Leeds are top.

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 13 Jul 2020 09:43

Old Man Andrews
SouthDownsRoyal Leeds are a good side, as are WBA and Brentford, over the course of the season I would put them all on a par, have seen some excellent bits from all three of them.

But they aren't on par. Look at the points totals, there is a reason why Leeds are top.

Looking at the table, Leeds are marginally better, at this point. There are only 3 points in it at the moment (between them and WBA), which could change over the next 3 games. If Leeds and WBA finish on level points, will you admit they are on par over the course of a season?

However, one thing that does stick out is that WBA have drawn 15 games, which seems loads to me, compared to Leeds and Brentford who are both on 9. Say you convert that 6 game difference into wins and you've got WBA ahead by miles, hypothetical of course, but if I was WBA fan, I'd be looking at that and saying there is a problem right there.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 13 Jul 2020 09:51

Hendo
Old Man Andrews

Looking at the table, Leeds are marginally better, at this point. There are only 3 points in it at the moment (between them and WBA), which could change over the next 3 games. If Leeds and WBA finish on level points, will you admit they are on par over the course of a season?

However, one thing that does stick out is that WBA have drawn 15 games, which seems loads to me, compared to Leeds and Brentford who are both on 9. Say you convert that 6 game difference into wins and you've got WBA ahead by miles, hypothetical of course, but if I was WBA fan, I'd be looking at that and saying there is a problem right there.

I think if teams finish on the same points you have to go by the head to head. If that is two draws then they are on par. Leeds beat West Brom at home and drew with them away. Leeds beat Brentford at home and drew with them away. Reckon that is pretty conclusive.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 13 Jul 2020 09:59

Bielsa and Leeds both fade hard at the business end of the season. Massively helped by a three month rest break.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 13 Jul 2020 17:38

We're all Wycombe aren't we?

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 13 Jul 2020 17:40

Old Man Andrews We're all Wycombe aren't we?

Nah, I'm an Oxford fan tonight. Never seen the team I support in a play off final win so hopefully I'll jinx them.

Mr Optimist
Hob Nob Regular

by Mr Optimist » 13 Jul 2020 18:43

Absafuckinlutely

Fox Talbot
Hob Nob Regular

by Fox Talbot » 13 Jul 2020 19:31

Mr Optimist

Absafuckinlutely

Too right.

Not hopeful, though. Ox have a nasty habit of being lucky in big games. As I see it anyway.

SouthDownsRoyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SouthDownsRoyal » 13 Jul 2020 20:43

Champagne ready?

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 13 Jul 2020 20:44

SouthDownsRoyal

Champagne ready?

I'll be providing some man made champagne if the glorious Gareth Ainsworth gets the job done here. Tactically wonderful thus far.

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 13 Jul 2020 20:46

Nice one lads.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 13 Jul 2020 20:48

Yeah cheers South Downs Royal.

WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WestYorksRoyal » 13 Jul 2020 21:01

Fox Talbot
Mr Optimist

Absafuckinlutely

Too right.

Not hopeful, though. Ox have a nasty habit of being lucky in big games. As I see it anyway.

So it seems

SouthDownsRoyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SouthDownsRoyal » 13 Jul 2020 21:02

Old Man Andrews Yeah cheers South Downs Royal.

:|

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 13 Jul 2020 21:03

Just switched it on. Had totally forgot Liam Kelly was at Oxford

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 13 Jul 2020 21:04

Hound Just switched it on. Had totally forgot Liam Kelly was at Oxford

Pretty Reading heavy...