Rival Watch

17259 posts
Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: Rival Watch

by Pepe the Horseman » 20 Jul 2020 14:00

Charlton are under embargo and can't offer any of their out of contract players a new contract.

Forster-Caskey, Amos, Williams, Sarr, Page, Matthews & Hemed all OOC.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 20 Jul 2020 14:07

Pepe the Horseman Charlton are under embargo and can't offer any of their out of contract players a new contract.

Jonny Williams?

Always seems ok as a sub if he was available on the cheap. Played pretty well this season from what Ive seen. Not exactly a priority though

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 20 Jul 2020 14:11

Hound
Pepe the Horseman Charlton are under embargo and can't offer any of their out of contract players a new contract.

Jonny Williams?

Always seems ok as a sub if he was available on the cheap. Played pretty well this season from what Ive seen. Not exactly a priority though

Jonny Williams I would be very interested in if I was Mark Bowen.

Forster-Caskey too, though just to complete the cycle :lol:

WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WestYorksRoyal » 20 Jul 2020 16:46

Sutekh
Hound

Jonny Williams?

Serious fitness issues with Williams. But certainly has talent and the right sort of character

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 20 Jul 2020 16:49

WestYorksRoyal
Sutekh
Hound
Jonny Williams?

Serious fitness issues with Williams. But certainly has talent and the right sort of character

does seem to get injured a lot certainly

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 20 Jul 2020 17:03

Have things really got to the point that supporters would be happy with Jonny Williams on a free transfer? Good lord.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 20 Jul 2020 17:24

Pepe the Horseman Jake Forster-Caskey is out of contract at Charlton. No idea how good he actually is, but the shirt sales would pay for his wages.

He really should be on our books just for his heritage alone.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 20 Jul 2020 19:28

Who was the chap with the long-ish hair who plays for them? Young midfielder

He had a blinder at the Madejski

Lower West
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Lower West » 20 Jul 2020 19:29

Old Man Andrews Have things really got to the point that supporters would be happy with Jonny Williams on a free transfer? Good lord.

Football clubs are in difficult times.

Simmops
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Simmops » 20 Jul 2020 20:01

genome Who was the chap with the long-ish hair who plays for them? Young midfielder

He had a blinder at the Madejski

Connor Gallagher. He was way above his station there, got nabbed on loan by Swansea. I can see him in a few years being a Chelsea first teamer. He's very good and been their academy player of the year a few times.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 20 Jul 2020 20:18

Wigan's points deduction will be applied next season, they are now safe.

Sheffield Wednesday could also get a 12 point deduction at the start of next season.
Last edited by Old Man Andrews on 20 Jul 2020 20:23, edited 1 time in total.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 20 Jul 2020 20:20

Aitor Karanka very close to taking over at Birmingham.

tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

by tidus_mi2 » 20 Jul 2020 20:36

I wouldn't believe the Mail, EFL have said Wigan's deduction will apply this season.

WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WestYorksRoyal » 20 Jul 2020 20:44

Old Man Andrews Wigan's points deduction will be applied next season, they are now safe.

Sheffield Wednesday could also get a 12 point deduction at the start of next season.

If the story is true, they will start on -12 and Sheffield Wednesday on -21. Combined with Wycombe coming up, you'd really have to be poor to go down next season.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 20 Jul 2020 20:55

WestYorksRoyal
Sutekh
Hound
Jonny Williams?

Very much so re Johnny Williams. He is a likeable lad and a very decent player but unfortunately he always has injury problems. So for that reason no thanks.

Simmops
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Simmops » 20 Jul 2020 22:34

WestYorksRoyal
Old Man Andrews Wigan's points deduction will be applied next season, they are now safe.

If the story is true, they will start on -12 and Sheffield Wednesday on -21. Combined with Wycombe coming up, you'd really have to be poor to go down next season.

Why - 21?

WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WestYorksRoyal » 20 Jul 2020 22:41

Simmops
WestYorksRoyal

Why - 21?

I read it somewhere. Extra punitive for misleading accounting I believe

Edit: all bollocks anyway. EFL have confirmed any penalties will be applied this season.
Last edited by WestYorksRoyal on 20 Jul 2020 22:46, edited 1 time in total.

linkenholtroyal
Hob Nob Regular

by linkenholtroyal » 20 Jul 2020 22:46

WestYorksRoyal
Simmops
WestYorksRoyal If the story is true, they will start on -12 and Sheffield Wednesday on -21. Combined with Wycombe coming up, you'd really have to be poor to go down next season.

Why - 21?

I read it somewhere. Extra punitive for misleading accounting I believe

What like your accountants got it wrong so our numbers guys are to.... we were meant to do 12 but they fudged it as 21.

linkenholtroyal
Hob Nob Regular

by linkenholtroyal » 20 Jul 2020 22:56

Zip
WestYorksRoyal
Sutekh

Very much so re Johnny Williams. He is a likeable lad and a very decent player but unfortunately he always has injury problems. So for that reason no thanks.

Low wage punt well worth a go there is a few like that around. He may only play ten games all season but will put all he can into it and be on 5 k a week. Why not. Last player we bought from a relegated side was yiadom and that worked well. Why not better than spending 20k a week on a foreign punt.

Royal_jimmy
Hob Nob Regular

by Royal_jimmy » 21 Jul 2020 00:16

linkenholtroyal
Zip
WestYorksRoyal Serious fitness issues with Williams. But certainly has talent and the right sort of character

Low wage punt well worth a go there is a few like that around. He may only play ten games all season but will put all he can into it and be on 5 k a week. Why not. Last player we bought from a relegated side was yiadom and that worked well. Why not better than spending 20k a week on a foreign punt.

Yiadom had been on our radar for years. Remember lots of our fans saying 4 years back that they'd want us to get him. Huddersfield tried buying him when they were in the premier league. Jonny Williams is a bit meh for me, I don't think he really offers anything more than what we have already. Rather try get players in who add where we are lacking in the squad. Laurent would be better alongside Baker if we can afford his wages.

17259 posts