Rival Watch

17149 posts
Simmops
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: Rival Watch

by Simmops » 05 Dec 2020 17:17

boycey
Simmops Millwall fans boo their own players for taking the knee.

Utter thick neanderthal oxf*rd.

I’d say the thick ones are the players who decided to make black power signs at millwall fans .
Doesn’t take a genius....

That didn't happen. They started to boo straight away. They are racists and bigots.

Do you support BLM or not boycey?

Simmops
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Simmops » 05 Dec 2020 17:20

PFUCKING LOL at millwal racists genuinely believing on social media they are taking the moral high ground by booing

Mid Sussex Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Mid Sussex Royal » 05 Dec 2020 17:23

Ascotexgunner Top 2 have been less than impressive. If only Yiadom had been fit at Bournmouth.
I do get the feeling refs are helping them at the minute though.

They had a cast iron pen not given v Preston the other night when the score was 0-1

Mid Sussex Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Mid Sussex Royal » 05 Dec 2020 17:24

Hound So dire refs have basically cost us 5 points over Norwich

Can wait to see what Pulis says though :)

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 05 Dec 2020 17:38

boycey
Simmops Millwall fans boo their own players for taking the knee.

Utter thick neanderthal oxf*rd.

I’d say the thick ones are the players who decided to make black power signs at millwall fans .
Doesn’t take a genius....

Surely the reaction of Millwall fans shows the players are 100% in the right..... what were the fans booing ? Uppity blacks acting above their station ?

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 05 Dec 2020 21:26

Think it might just be the most Millwall thing ever.

And before they say "we aren't that sort of club" don't forget this is their core support in today, their most loyal 2000 fans. It wasn't a minority of the supporters who booed it sounded like most of them. They are a racist, homophobic group of supporters who deserve nothing but contempt.

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 05 Dec 2020 21:30

Old Man Andrews Think it might just be the most Millwall thing ever.

And before they say "we aren't that sort of club" don't forget this is their core support in today, their most loyal 2000 fans. It wasn't a minority of the supporters who booed it sounded like most of them. They are a racist, homophobic group of supporters who deserve nothing but contempt.

Hugely ironic that on the forum I looked at the general view was that ‘uneducated’ people would consider the booing as racist, whereas it was a complaint about the politicisation of the game....
There was one poster who claimed we also booed when our players took the knee. We absolutely did not, there was widespread applause.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 05 Dec 2020 21:36

Nameless

Hugely ironic that on the forum I looked at the general view was that ‘uneducated’ people would consider the booing as racist, whereas it was a complaint about the politicisation of the game....

I think I'm right in saying the booing hasn’t happened anywhere else in the country thus far? Only Millwall. Millwall with their vast history of racist chanting and racist views and race related violence.

Cnuts.

Davezk

by Davezk » 05 Dec 2020 21:44

BLM stands for more than just erasing racism against black people but also defunding the police amongst other marxist ideals.

Booing is disapproval at BLM political movement and not supporting racism... sadly people are too stupid to de-couple these or deliberately misinterpreting :roll:

For the record I fully support erasing racism from society but BLM goes well beyond that intention...

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 05 Dec 2020 21:56

Nah they are just racists.

tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

by tidus_mi2 » 05 Dec 2020 22:03

Davezk BLM stands for more than just erasing racism against black people but also defunding the police amongst other marxist ideals.

Booing is disapproval at BLM political movement and not supporting racism... sadly people are too stupid to de-couple these or deliberately misinterpreting :roll:

For the record I fully support erasing racism from society but BLM goes well beyond that intention...

Nope, like them you're refusing to separate taking the knee from one part of the BLM organisation having political motivations that you are opposed to. Colin Kaepernick for example was taking the knee in protest to the US National Anthem over mistreatment of black people, long before BLM started doing it.

It has a very clear meaning, taking the knee is to show your support for racial equality, if you boo it, either through ignorance or outright racism, then you are showing you oppose racial equality.
Last edited by tidus_mi2 on 05 Dec 2020 22:08, edited 1 time in total.

Franchise FC
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Franchise FC » 05 Dec 2020 22:08

tidus_mi2
Davezk BLM stands for more than just erasing racism against black people but also defunding the police amongst other marxist ideals.

Nope, like them you're refusing to separate taking the knee from one part of the BLM organisation having political motivations that you are opposed to. Colin Kaepernick for example was taking the knee in protest to the US National Anthem over mistreatment of black people, long before BLM started doing it.

It has a very clear meaning, taking the knee is to show your support for racial equality, if you boo it, either through ignorance or outright racism, then you are showing you oppose racial inequality.

All going well until your last word - think you meant equality

tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

by tidus_mi2 » 05 Dec 2020 22:08

Franchise FC
tidus_mi2

It has a very clear meaning, taking the knee is to show your support for racial equality, if you boo it, either through ignorance or outright racism, then you are showing you oppose racial inequality.

All going well until your last word - think you meant equality

Haha damn, made the edit, thanks for pointing it out.

WoodleyRoyal
Hob Nob Addict
Location: when was the last time you did something for the first time?

by WoodleyRoyal » 05 Dec 2020 22:31

Old Man Andrews
Nameless

I think I'm right in saying the booing hasn’t happened anywhere else in the country thus far? Only Millwall. Millwall with their vast history of racist chanting and racist views and race related violence.

Cnuts.

Calum harriott tweeted to say Colchester fans did the same

tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

by tidus_mi2 » 05 Dec 2020 22:39

WoodleyRoyal
Old Man Andrews
Nameless

Cnuts.

Calum harriott tweeted to say Colchester fans did the same

He's a good egg Callum Harriott, still has the Reading site as a link in his Twitter bio.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 05 Dec 2020 23:00

tidus_mi2

It has a very clear meaning, taking the knee is to show your support for racial equality, if you boo it, either through ignorance or outright racism, then you are showing you oppose racial equality.

This.

Defunding the police is also about changing the approach so it's not about punishment, but about spending that money to prevent crime and the causes of crime, like social and racial inequality.

It's basically about doing community outreach, education and giving opportunity rather than buying military surplus and doing racial profiling.

Only racists and thickos have a problem with BLM. The sort of RW privileged pricks who equate any sort of social equality programme with Marxism.

Dave's got form as one of those.

WoodleyRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WoodleyRoyal » 05 Dec 2020 23:07

Have to say in with team Ian and Tidus on this

Davezk

by Davezk » 06 Dec 2020 08:16

People don't want politics in football. It's nothing to do with being racist.

If you read around (which I suggest you do), aside from BBC quoting the usual suspects, a lot of the public feel the same. Even Gary Rowett who I see the BBC didn't quote for some reason ( :roll: ) says it is becoming an empty gesture. Not everyone who disagrees with BLM as an organisation is racist but sadly you can't understand this point so I won't waste any more of my time.

WoodleyRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WoodleyRoyal » 06 Dec 2020 09:31

Davezk People don't want politics in football. It's nothing to do with being racist.

If you read around (which I suggest you do), aside from BBC quoting the usual suspects, a lot of the public feel the same. Even Gary Rowett who I see the BBC didn't quote for some reason ( :roll: ) says it is becoming an empty gesture. Not everyone who disagrees with BLM as an organisation is racist but sadly you can't understand this point so I won't waste any more of my time.

I would suggest as the fans are back in the stadium it is as far from being an ‘empty gesture’ as you can get. Kids attend the match and will ask ‘daddy why are they all on one knee?’
‘Well son it because black people have been treated like shit since the beginning of time and this is a way of highlighting to the world that it needs to stop’

Seems like a perfect opportunity to educate the next generation that it’s not ok.

And anyway who are we as fans to boo players for doing something that they believe in. Ffs it’s a few seconds and doesn’t hurt anyone. It needs to continue until change happens. Nothing has changed.

Kitsondinho
Hob Nob Addict
Location: at a cricket ground somewhere around the country........

by Kitsondinho » 06 Dec 2020 09:46

Davezk People don't want politics in football. It's nothing to do with being racist.

No, ‘a lot’ of of the public don’t feel the same. A minority of the population make a lot of noise about how much they hate it and how much public support they have. If ‘a lot’ of the public feel the same, why didn’t it happen at EVERY ground with fans in yesterday afternoon/last night?
I don’t agree with the way Royal British Legion Poppies have become mandatory for all players/teams around 11th November...but I don’t boooooooo the minutes silence.
I don’t agree with the way James McClean has been repeatedly targeted, in grounds and on Twitter, over the issue. However, I suspect I’m about to be told that is the wrong opinion to have on that particular subject and ‘a lot’ of the public disagree with me.

17149 posts