Rival Watch

17286 posts
Notts Royal
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Rival Watch

by Notts Royal » 17 Feb 2021 21:41

windermereROYAL Are these commentators watching the same game as me? they`re creaming themselves over Bournemouth and Woodgate, they look ultra ordinary to me.

Lerma & Billing strolling around like they don’t want to be there. Leaving out Brooks. They’re a mess

Yup we want to be playing these lot in the POs

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 17 Feb 2021 21:41

Hound
Stranded
windermereROYAL Barnsley 1-0, didn`t need that.

With their GD a win for Barnsley isn't a bad result. Realistically 10 pts back.

Yep good win for them

But still a long way off us. I do rate them as a side, seem a bit short of quality though

A very hardworking side.

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 17 Feb 2021 21:42

Rather be in our position than Bournemouth looking at their last 16 games .

Sat 20 Feb
A
Queens Park Rangers
Championship
3pm

Wed 24 Feb
H
Cardiff City
Championship
7.45pm

Sat 27 Feb
H
Watford
Championship
12.30pm

Wed 3 Mar
A
Bristol City
Championship
7.45pm

Sat 6 Mar
A
Preston North End
Championship
3pm

Sat 13 Mar
H
Barnsley
Championship
3pm

Tue 16 Mar
H
Swansea City
Championship
7.45pm

Sat 20 Mar
A
Huddersfield Town
Championship
3pm

Fri 2 Apr
H
Middlesbrough
Championship
3pm

Mon 5 Apr
A
Blackburn Rovers
Championship
3pm

Sat 10 Apr
H
Coventry City
Championship
3pm

Sat 17 Apr
A
Norwich City
Championship
3pm

Wed 21 Apr
A
Millwall
Championship
7.45pm

Sat 24 Apr
H
Brentford
Championship
3pm

Sat 1 May
A
Wycombe Wanderers
Championship
3pm

Sat 8 May
H
Stoke City
Championship
3pm

WoodleyRoyal
Hob Nob Addict
Location: when was the last time you did something for the first time?

by WoodleyRoyal » 17 Feb 2021 21:48

Zip
WoodleyRoyal
tidus_mi2 Far too early to be throwing in the towel.

Agreed boro on Saturday. Then we have a nice run of games

Boro (h)
Wycombe (a)
Rotherham (a)
Blackburn (h)
Sheff wed (h)
Forest (a)
Birmingham (a)
QPR (h)
Barnsley (a)
Derby (h)

30 points available we should be getting circa 25 points from that lot? No? Which would put us on 76 points with 6 still to play. Two of those 6 are Luton and Huddersfield and of the others Swansea and Cardiff are at home. We are definitely still in with a shout.

That’s very very optimistic. If we get 20 points it will be a terrific outcome.

I was being conservative :? we could quite feasibly get all 30 points. But I’ve got us down as drawing with Blackburn Barnsley and boro. The rest as wins.

11 of our remaining 16 games are all teams below 10th in the league. I would back us to beat anyone outside of the top 10.
Last edited by WoodleyRoyal on 17 Feb 2021 21:50, edited 1 time in total.

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 17 Feb 2021 21:49

tidus_mi2 Watching Bournemouth - Rotherham on NowTV, the fake chants are pretty cringe.

Couldn`t agree more, fukking hate it.

WoodleyRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WoodleyRoyal » 17 Feb 2021 21:55

Plus looking at our schedule we are pretty much Saturday Tuesday every week now till the end of the season bar a couple. Swansea are going to have to fit in another two games on top of what our busy schedule is. They basically will be Saturday Tuesday till the end of the season. That could have a bearing ....

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 17 Feb 2021 22:02

WoodleyRoyal Plus looking at our schedule we are pretty much Saturday Tuesday every week now till the end of the season bar a couple. Swansea are going to have to fit in another two games on top of what our busy schedule is. They basically will be Saturday Tuesday till the end of the season. That could have a bearing ....

We have 2 Tuesday and 2 Wednesday games to go before the end of the season.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 17 Feb 2021 22:04

windermereROYAL
WoodleyRoyal Plus looking at our schedule we are pretty much Saturday Tuesday every week now till the end of the season bar a couple. Swansea are going to have to fit in another two games on top of what our busy schedule is. They basically will be Saturday Tuesday till the end of the season. That could have a bearing ....

Yeah it’s busy now but eases to normal fixture levels next month. I just don’t think we are consistent enough to overtake Norwich and Swansea.

WoodleyRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WoodleyRoyal » 17 Feb 2021 22:19

windermereROYAL

I make it 6 but with a caveat.. bare with me :lol:

Tuesday 23rd February
Wycombe

Tuesday 2nd March
Blackburn

Wednesday 17th March
Birmingham

Then over Easter we have Good Friday game, and then an Easter Monday game. I’m classing them both as midweek games.... there is a method to my madness!! It’s because you couldn’t have a midweek game on either side of Easter weekend. The week before and after Easter are sandwiched between Saturday fixtures. For instance, you couldn’t play Saturday, Wednesday, Friday Monday in the week leading up to good Friday . Or the week after - Easter Monday week. That would be Friday, Monday, Wednesday, Saturday.

Friday 2nd April
Barnsley

Monday 5th April
Derby

Wednesday 21st April
Luton

So I make that 6 midweek fixtures, Swansea will have to fit in another 2. If you take the two weeks out Over Easter (the week before and after Easter weekend) I make it 9 more available midweeks until the end of the season on may 8th. So from my reckoning Swansea will be playing 8 midweek games in 9 available weeks. I think :lol:

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 17 Feb 2021 22:33

yep I didn`t include the easter games.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 18 Feb 2021 07:47

WoodleyRoyal
Zip
WoodleyRoyal
Agreed boro on Saturday. Then we have a nice run of games

Boro (h)
Wycombe (a)
Rotherham (a)
Blackburn (h)
Sheff wed (h)
Forest (a)
Birmingham (a)
QPR (h)
Barnsley (a)
Derby (h)

30 points available we should be getting circa 25 points from that lot? No? Which would put us on 76 points with 6 still to play. Two of those 6 are Luton and Huddersfield and of the others Swansea and Cardiff are at home. We are definitely still in with a shout.

That’s very very optimistic. If we get 20 points it will be a terrific outcome.

I was being conservative :? we could quite feasibly get all 30 points. But I’ve got us down as drawing with Blackburn Barnsley and boro. The rest as wins.

11 of our remaining 16 games are all teams below 10th in the league. I would back us to beat anyone outside of the top 10.

Yep. We could win all those games but we have lost to Coventry, Millwall, PNE and Birmingham, who are all lower than 10th currently. I would be amazed if we don't lose one or two of those but there is also no game in that run that I wouldn't back us to win.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 18 Feb 2021 07:53

WoodleyRoyal
windermereROYAL

Tuesday 23rd February
Wycombe

Tuesday 2nd March
Blackburn

Wednesday 17th March
Birmingham

Then over Easter we have Good Friday game, and then an Easter Monday game. I’m classing them both as midweek games.... there is a method to my madness!! It’s because you couldn’t have a midweek game on either side of Easter weekend. The week before and after Easter are sandwiched between Saturday fixtures. For instance, you couldn’t play Saturday, Wednesday, Friday Monday in the week leading up to good Friday . Or the week after - Easter Monday week. That would be Friday, Monday, Wednesday, Saturday.

Friday 2nd April
Barnsley

Monday 5th April
Derby

Wednesday 21st April
Luton

So I make that 6 midweek fixtures, Swansea will have to fit in another 2. If you take the two weeks out Over Easter (the week before and after Easter weekend) I make it 9 more available midweeks until the end of the season on may 8th. So from my reckoning Swansea will be playing 8 midweek games in 9 available weeks. I think :lol:

Mentioned elsewhere Swansea don't have a free midweek until after the international break. This run started in January. They will likely have to fit their game against Wednesday in on the 13th April.

International break will help naturally but their only gap of a week between games is after we play them on 24th April unless they play Wednesday after that.

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 18 Feb 2021 10:27

lol @ brentford's back to back defeats, but a bit surprising as they were very good

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 18 Feb 2021 10:52

Stranded
tidus_mi2
Zip Norwich ten clear of us. Swansea five clear with two games in hand. We won’t be catching these two.

Far too early to be throwing in the towel.

Quite. Who after Brentford beat us thought they would go on to lose to Barnsley and QPR back to back. Swansea don't score many but rely on a great defence. Not beyond realms of possibility they hit a sticky patch too. We would need to be good enough to take advantage of course.

I don’t think anyone would have but did make the comment that they always seem to crumble under pressure - they’re in their comfort zone as the chasing team but they seem to struggle once they hit 1st/2nd. Did think it was a bit premature to suggest they were “already promoted” after beating us given their history in the last few seasons

Still reckon the top 2 is open for any top 6 team but for the likes of us/Bournemouth and Watford, will need a good sustained run

First point is of course widening the gap between the teams outside the playoffs before we have any other ambitions, tough one on Saturday

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 18 Feb 2021 12:58

WoodleyRoyal
windermereROYAL

Tuesday 23rd February
Wycombe

Tuesday 2nd March
Blackburn

Wednesday 17th March
Birmingham

Friday 2nd April
Barnsley

Monday 5th April
Derby

Wednesday 21st April
Luton

You could easily play Tuesday / Good Friday / Easter Monday
It’s no different to the standard Wednesday / Saturday pattern.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 18 Feb 2021 13:11

URZZZZ
Stranded
tidus_mi2 Far too early to be throwing in the towel.

Quite. Who after Brentford beat us thought they would go on to lose to Barnsley and QPR back to back. Swansea don't score many but rely on a great defence. Not beyond realms of possibility they hit a sticky patch too. We would need to be good enough to take advantage of course.

I don’t think anyone would have but did make the comment that they always seem to crumble under pressure - they’re in their comfort zone as the chasing team but they seem to struggle once they hit 1st/2nd. Did think it was a bit premature to suggest they were “already promoted” after beating us given their history in the last few seasons

Still reckon the top 2 is open for any top 6 team but for the likes of us/Bournemouth and Watford, will need a good sustained run

First point is of course widening the gap between the teams outside the playoffs before we have any other ambitions, tough one on Saturday

I'd still very much think it'll be Brentford and Norwich. Watford and Swansea seem to be very good at grinding out results, but the other two are a notch above

morganb
Hob Nob Regular

by morganb » 18 Feb 2021 13:50

See Watford striker Troy Deeney is facing a spell on the sidelines after suffering an Achilles injury. Who'll take all their penalties now?

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 18 Feb 2021 13:54

morganb See Watford striker Troy Deeney is facing a spell on the sidelines after suffering an Achilles injury. Who'll take all their penalties now?

Hopefully Andre Grey, so he can continue to make himself look like a fool.

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 18 Feb 2021 14:51

HRK's finest moment in a Reading shirt.

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 18 Feb 2021 16:26

Hound
URZZZZ
Stranded

I'd still very much think it'll be Brentford and Norwich. Watford and Swansea seem to be very good at grinding out results, but the other two are a notch above

Interesting that us, Bournemouth, Norwich and Brentford have had poor runs as you'd normally expect every team to have at least poor run

As far as I'm aware, neither Watford/Swansea have had a poor run over a range of 4/5 games yet so hopefully that's still to come

17286 posts