Rival Watch

17149 posts
WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

Re: Rival Watch

by WestYorksRoyal » 24 Aug 2019 22:10

It feels great to know this thread won't be desperately watching relegation rivals in March. I really couldn't give a shit about Wigan,Barnsley and Luton.

The Enfield Royal71
Hob Nob Regular

by The Enfield Royal71 » 24 Aug 2019 23:06

WestYorksRoyal It feels great to know this thread won't be desperately watching relegation rivals in March. I really couldn't give a shit about Wigan,Barnsley and Luton.

Don't speak too soon. We could do a reverse end of last season!

StellaPlease

by StellaPlease » 24 Aug 2019 23:19

WestYorksRoyal It feels great to know this thread won't be desperately watching relegation rivals in March. I really couldn't give a shit about Wigan,Barnsley and Luton.

Wigan will sack their manager I expect. Still though, they don't have the team there really.

They're one of those sides that have bounced back twice in recent years, however if they go down again they may disappear for some years.

Barnsley are a good club and will also be coming back.

Luton picked the wrong manager, even though they won today.

Were you there today? At half time I had a feeling we would do something secon half.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 25 Aug 2019 10:53

Feds got a rare start for Stoke yesterday and certainly stopped Stoke seeing a heavier defeat.

Sadly looks like Leeds will be going up though, could even afford to have Costa on the bench for 80 minutes.

tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

by tidus_mi2 » 25 Aug 2019 11:02

Sutekh Feds got a rare start for Stoke yesterday and certainly stopped Stoke seeing a heavier defeat.

Sadly looks like Leeds will be going up though, could even afford to have Costa on the bench for 80 minutes.

They looked like they were going up last season as well.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 25 Aug 2019 11:16

They look like they are going up every season. That’s what they do

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 25 Aug 2019 12:53

Hound Whatever

Just ignore him Hound, as always he's got nothing to add but spite and attempts to rile people.

tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

by tidus_mi2 » 25 Aug 2019 13:37

Do Swansea look good or do Birmingham look bad, or is it a bit of both?

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 25 Aug 2019 13:41

Two consecutive heavy defeats on the road for Brum since they rode their luck to win at Brentford on the 1st day, they look clueless going forward, I reckon they should have signed Puscas.
On this evidence they look at bottom 6 side.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 25 Aug 2019 13:47

windermereROYAL Two consecutive heavy defeats on the road for Brum since they rode their luck to win at Brentford on the 1st day, they look clueless going forward, I reckon they should have signed Puscas.

They've been threatening to drop for a while now and seem to be a total mess.

John Smith
Hob Nob Regular

by John Smith » 29 Aug 2019 13:49

Snowflake Royal
windermereROYAL Two consecutive heavy defeats on the road for Brum since they rode their luck to win at Brentford on the 1st day, they look clueless going forward, I reckon they should have signed Puscas.

As poor as Birmingham have looked, Stoke's form is alarmingly poor...on that basis, if Birmingham beat Stoke at home on Saturday, does Nathan Jones go?

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 29 Aug 2019 13:51

John Smith
Snowflake Royal

As poor as Birmingham have looked, Stoke's form is alarmingly poor...on that basis, if Birmingham beat Stoke at home on Saturday, does Nathan Jones go?

Yes he does and most likely will.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 29 Aug 2019 22:47

Not sure if mentioned elsewhere but Ali Al-Habsi has signed for West Brom. Glad we didnt have to play him! Good singing.

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 29 Aug 2019 23:40

It's just struck me that the chorus to Danny Nedelko by Idles would make a most excellent chant for Ali Al Habsi.

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 29 Aug 2019 23:57

StellaPlease

Wigan will sack their manager I expect. Still though, they don't have the team there really.

They're one of those sides that have bounced back twice in recent years, however if they go down again they may disappear for some years.

Were you there today? At half time I had a feeling we would do something secon half.

Our own chairman’s nephew would do a good job at those clubs you have mentioned,

The Enfield Royal71
Hob Nob Regular

by The Enfield Royal71 » 30 Aug 2019 06:26

paultheroyal
StellaPlease

Our own chairman’s nephew would do a good job at those clubs you have mentioned,

:lol:

The guy is ClueLOLess. He doesn't even go to games like he claims.

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 30 Aug 2019 08:32

NewCorkSeth Not sure if mentioned elsewhere but Ali Al-Habsi has signed for West Brom. Glad we didnt have to play him! Good singing.

Not sure he is coming in to be number 1 tbh.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 30 Aug 2019 08:54

Hendo
NewCorkSeth Not sure if mentioned elsewhere but Ali Al-Habsi has signed for West Brom. Glad we didnt have to play him! Good singing.

Yeah, be very surprised if Al-Habsi on a 1 year deal is coming in to replace a 6.5m summer signing - will likely sit on the bench awaiting an injury and the FA Cup 3rd round.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 30 Aug 2019 09:18

Stranded
Hendo

Yeah, be very surprised if Al-Habsi on a 1 year deal is coming in to replace a 6.5m summer signing - will likely sit on the bench awaiting an injury and the FA Cup 3rd round.

Fair enough. Still though. Not many better back ups.

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 30 Aug 2019 09:32

Funny that Ali has gone there given that their back up keeper was none other than Jonathan Bond.

He must be sick of Ali taking his place.

17149 posts