Rival Watch

17149 posts
genome
Hob Nob Legend

Re: Rival Watch

by genome » 10 May 2021 13:48

Pepe the Horseman https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-9561583/Derby-RELEGATED-Championship-EFL-won-appeal-against-FFP-rule-break.html

EXCLUSIVE: Derby could still be RELEGATED from the Championship after EFL win appeal to find Rams did breach Financial Fair Play rules... and a three-point deduction THIS season would send them down despite last-day survival

lol

The DM are having a laugh with that website, aren't they? It's one big advert with the occasional article sentence

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 10 May 2021 14:14

Wayne Rooney`s side drew 3-2 with Sheffield Wednesday, top journalism.

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 10 May 2021 14:44

genome
Pepe the Horseman https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-9561583/Derby-RELEGATED-Championship-EFL-won-appeal-against-FFP-rule-break.html

EXCLUSIVE: Derby could still be RELEGATED from the Championship after EFL win appeal to find Rams did breach Financial Fair Play rules... and a three-point deduction THIS season would send them down despite last-day survival

lol

The DM are having a laugh with that website, aren't they? It's one big advert with the occasional article sentence

Yeh, wasn't the easiest of reads.

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 10 May 2021 14:47

Is there a precedent for a team being deducted points after the season has ended?

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 10 May 2021 14:58

Don't give the pcunts money by clicking that shit!

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 10 May 2021 15:32

Pepe the Horseman Is there a precedent for a team being deducted points after the season has ended?

Sort of. Wigan had 12pts deducted as soon as the season finished last year but that was known about from the moment they went into admin. Of course, if they had dropped without the deduction they would be in League 2 next season now.

Ascotexgunner
Hob Nob Addict

by Ascotexgunner » 10 May 2021 17:44

Stranded
Pepe the Horseman Is there a precedent for a team being deducted points after the season has ended?

Sort of. Wigan had 12pts deducted as soon as the season finished last year but that was known about from the moment they went into admin. Of course, if they had dropped without the deduction they would be in League 2 next season now.

I really hope that happens......Wycombe deserve to stay up.

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 10 May 2021 18:14

I know Leeds went into administration with 20 minutes of the season left, knowing they were already relegated. That's what promoted the change in the rules to the points being carried over for relegated teams.

To be fair, the League are pretty quick to close loopholes, like when Leicester defaulted on their stadium and used the money to keep their Premier League squad together and gain promotion.

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 10 May 2021 18:17

The Mirror (I know I know) are reporting that Wycombe are considering legal action.

Mr Optimist
Hob Nob Regular

by Mr Optimist » 10 May 2021 18:32

windermereROYAL The Mirror (I know I know) are reporting that Wycombe are considering legal action.

Such a homely club, they have certainly learned how to battle with their more illustrious opponents over the last 12 months...call in the expensive solicitors if all else fails.

Sebastian the Red

by Sebastian the Red » 10 May 2021 18:37

Mr Optimist
windermereROYAL The Mirror (I know I know) are reporting that Wycombe are considering legal action.

Such a homely club, they have certainly learned how to battle with their more illustrious opponents over the last 12 months...call in the expensive solicitors if all else fails.

What else would you have them do?

Mr Optimist
Hob Nob Regular

by Mr Optimist » 10 May 2021 19:09

Sebastian the Red
Mr Optimist

What else would you have them do?

Nothing. Other than play in League 1 next season.

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 10 May 2021 21:19

Ascotexgunner
Stranded

Do they?

They didn’t get the amount of points required to stay up, which is why they finished in the bottom 3.

I’d like them to stay up, sure. At Derby’s expense? Even more so. But deserve, just because they’re “plucky” nah.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 11 May 2021 07:04

Hendo
Ascotexgunner
Stranded

Do they?

They didn’t get the amount of points required to stay up, which is why they finished in the bottom 3.

I’d like them to stay up, sure. At Derby’s expense? Even more so. But deserve, just because they’re “plucky” nah.

Oh yeah they don't deserve it as such but only because it took them too long to find their feet. They took 20pts from the last 12 games, winning half of them. If their form had kicked in 2 or 3 games earlier they would have saved themselves.

Don't want to take any pleasure from Derby's potential deduction as who knows when it will be our turn.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 11 May 2021 08:12

If Derby broke the rules in such a way that they get a points deduction, which should be applied this season based on the original hearing, the Wycombe have done enough to deserve to stay up, because the only thing relegating them is points Derby don't deserve.

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 11 May 2021 08:28

Stranded
Hendo
Ascotexgunner

Do they?

Oh yeah they don't deserve it as such but only because it took them too long to find their feet. They took 20pts from the last 12 games, winning half of them. If their form had kicked in 2 or 3 games earlier they would have saved themselves.

Don't want to take any pleasure from Derby's potential deduction as who knows when it will be our turn.

Exactly why I was erring on the side of caution!

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 11 May 2021 08:39

Hendo
Stranded
Hendo
Do they?

Exactly why I was erring on the side of caution!

If it’s going to be our turn it’s surely going to be this summer. I would be very happy if we start the new season on 0 points.

tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

by tidus_mi2 » 11 May 2021 09:17

I feel coronavirus may potentially save us from what would have been a pretty inevitable points deduction.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 11 May 2021 09:40

tidus_mi2 I feel coronavirus may potentially save us from what would have been a pretty inevitable points deduction.

I hope you’re right but our losses have been huge in the past couple of seasons and corona virus will only have played a very small part in that at the back end of last season. I think we will be very lucky to escape a points deduction.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 11 May 2021 12:25

If we get a points deduction it's because we deserve it, so fair enough. Happy to take it and enjoy Derby getting one.

17149 posts