Rival Watch

17149 posts
Royal_jimmy
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Rival Watch

by Royal_jimmy » 20 Sep 2022 22:17

Zip Money talks. Cardiff could offer him a fair bit more I guess. However he appears to be living locally with his son and I reckon he loves his son playing for the team he manages.
Expectations are also realistic. He knows. We know. Staying up this season and it’s job done.

I can’t see him leaving.

Paul Ince is set for life anyway from his playing days. Does an extra £100-200k per annum really matter to him? I highly doubt it.

blythspartan
Hob Nob Regular

by blythspartan » 20 Sep 2022 22:32

The bookies have him at around 33/1. I would see them more likely to go for Nathan Jones or Dyche but you never know. I think Ince has been burnt too many times before moving clubs and he seems happy with us.

Mr Angry
Hob Nob Addict

by Mr Angry » 20 Sep 2022 23:09

Franchise FC
Mr Angry Concession goals?

If you include own goals, then Stuart Morgan's bullet header from the edge of our penalty area that flew past Steve Death in a home FA Cup game versus Arsenal in the early 1970's would be high up the list for me.....

We scored all three that day
It’s the only home game I can remember standing in the Town End

And one of the handful of games I ever watched from (near the very front) of the Southbank.

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 21 Sep 2022 20:38

Paul Warne off to Derby. Should derail Rotherham's good start.

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 21 Sep 2022 21:34

Pepe the Horseman Paul Warne off to Derby. Should derail Rotherham's good start.

Lol that’s pretty scummy ay :lol:

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 22 Sep 2022 13:24

Confrimed Warne to Derby

Do have to think that’s bad news for Rovrum. Back to relegation favourites

Rosenior will make a good coach or manager somewhere I reckon.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 22 Sep 2022 13:26

Hound Confrimed Warne to Derby

Very harsh on Rosenoir. They haven't given him a chance.

YorkshireRoyal99
Hob Nob Addict

by YorkshireRoyal99 » 22 Sep 2022 13:53

Zip

Obviously wanting to get back to the Championship at the first attempt, which to be fair they weren't doing under Rosenior. Agree he didn't get much of a chance, but it's a pressure job. Good move for Warne, but he is certainly under much more pressure to deliver at Derby than what he was at Rotherham.

Not sure I'd highlight Rotherham as clear favourites again yet. They've started pretty well and have a good foundation to build on, both on and off the pitch. It all depends who they bring in. If they can lure an experienced coach, such as Michael O'Neill for example, then I'd probably back them to stop up. If not, it looks like a struggle.

Franchise FC
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Franchise FC » 22 Sep 2022 14:08

YorkshireRoyal99
Zip

Obviously wanting to get back to the Championship at the first attempt, which to be fair they weren't doing under Rosenior. Agree he didn't get much of a chance, but it's a pressure job. Good move for Warne, but he is certainly under much more pressure to deliver at Derby than what he was at Rotherham.

Not sure I'd highlight Rotherham as clear favourites again yet. They've started pretty well and have a good foundation to build on, both on and off the pitch. It all depends who they bring in. If they can lure an experienced coach, such as Michael O'Neill for example, then I'd probably back them to stop up. If not, it looks like a struggle.

From the outside it would appear that Rotherham aren’t going to have massive pull so may have to get lucky with the next appointment … apparently, Rosenior’s available

YorkshireRoyal99
Hob Nob Addict

by YorkshireRoyal99 » 22 Sep 2022 14:16

Yeah agree, it's going to have to be someone with substantial experience and/or credit in the bank, if you like, to be able to steer them away from relegation this season. There are a couple available, just more a case if they are willing to go there.

I wouldn't be too terribly surprised if it was someone like Steve Morrison who ended up there, if he wanted to jump straight back into management.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 22 Sep 2022 14:54

YorkshireRoyal99
Zip

How do you know Rosenoir wouldn't get them back up at the first attempt? They are outside the play offs on goal difference.

YorkshireRoyal99
Hob Nob Addict

by YorkshireRoyal99 » 22 Sep 2022 14:57

Zip
YorkshireRoyal99
Zip

How do you know Rosenoir wouldn't get them back up at the first attempt? They are outside the play offs on goal difference.

I don't, as doesn't anybody now, but the stats would suggest that they weren't doing at the time of him leaving. I'd imagine the club would be wanting to push for the top 2 as well, not just sticking with the play offs, which they are already pretty significantly behind and their recent form has been unspectacular. (Pretty significantly behind the top 2 I mean).

Agree that it's harsh, but I can see why it has been done.

Ascotexgunner
Hob Nob Addict

by Ascotexgunner » 23 Sep 2022 08:24

Berkshire Live reporting Paunovic linked with the Cardiff job. Hmmm

Mr Angry
Hob Nob Addict

by Mr Angry » 23 Sep 2022 11:57

YorkshireRoyal99
Zip
YorkshireRoyal99

I don't, as doesn't anybody now, but the stats would suggest that they weren't doing at the time of him leaving. I'd imagine the club would be wanting to push for the top 2 as well, not just sticking with the play offs, which they are already pretty significantly behind and their recent form has been unspectacular. (Pretty significantly behind the top 2 I mean).

Fan expectations for Derby pre-season were ridiculous; did someone on here not write that a Derby fan had posted that they expected to beat our points record?? That level of arrogance and entitlement permeates through an organisation, and so when, after however many games, Derby weren't already 10 points clear, the pressure grows on the Manager.

I would be surprised if this is Derby's only new Manager this season..........................

YorkshireRoyal99
Hob Nob Addict

by YorkshireRoyal99 » 23 Sep 2022 12:12

Mr Angry
YorkshireRoyal99
Zip

Fan expectations for Derby pre-season were ridiculous; did someone on here not write that a Derby fan had posted that they expected to beat our points record?? That level of arrogance and entitlement permeates through an organisation, and so when, after however many games, Derby weren't already 10 points clear, the pressure grows on the Manager.

I would be surprised if this is Derby's only new Manager this season..........................

I thought that myself initially, but would feel it would be very rash to get rid of him unless they were lingering in the bottom half, I'd be shocked but not surprised though.

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 26 Sep 2022 12:40

Edwards out, Bilic in, at Watford.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 26 Sep 2022 12:49

Pepe the Horseman Edwards out, Bilic in, at Watford.

Is this Confrimed? Not seen it

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 26 Sep 2022 12:49

Just shows what an idiot Edwards was jumping ship at FGR for Watford - was never going to get a fair crack there, so will not need to rebuild his career somewhere else.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 26 Sep 2022 12:51

Hound
Pepe the Horseman Edwards out, Bilic in, at Watford.

Is this Confrimed? Not seen it

Telegraph reporting it.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 26 Sep 2022 12:55

Bit silly if that’s the case. Ten games in…only 2 defeats in there

Not a great start but even so

and yes just breaking news on ssn

17149 posts