Rival Watch

17149 posts
Mr Angry
Hob Nob Addict

Re: Rival Watch

by Mr Angry » 20 Jun 2022 09:57

When the answer is Michael Appleton, you really don't want to be asking the question...................

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 20 Jun 2022 10:54

NathStPaul Don't think there is any money there, no way their previous manager leaves to become an assistant manager and Liam Rosenior turns them down if there are funds. I get the impression Blackpool know it is going to be a massive struggle, they'll likely lose their better players too.

I'd also imagine Rosenior will get the Derby job once all sorted and Rooney leaves which is pretty much a given.

Ascotexgunner
Hob Nob Addict

by Ascotexgunner » 21 Jun 2022 19:21

Some serious money being splashed on wages and transfers by the likes of Stoke, Cardiff and Gourley FC.
With Burnley/Watford/Norwich coming down, they arnt nailed on to go back up. Then there's Sheffield and Boro....the top will be quite interesting and there will be some angry fans/manager sackings and disappointing owners next may...with EFL looking at finances very closely at one ortwo of them.

Crowbar6753

by Crowbar6753 » 21 Jun 2022 20:01

Ascotexgunner Some serious money being splashed on wages and transfers by the likes of Stoke, Cardiff and Gourley FC.
With Burnley/Watford/Norwich coming down, they arnt nailed on to go back up. Then there's Sheffield and Boro....the top will be quite interesting and there will be some angry fans/manager sackings and disappointing owners next may...with EFL looking at finances very closely at one ortwo of them.

Gourley FC still have the benefit of some parachute payments...Stoke and Cardiff must be sailing pretty close to breaching FFP regulations, either that of they've decided to go gung-ho and go all out lol :D
I fancy Watford to go straight back up and Norwich should be top six, however, Burnley are in big trouble and will be mid table at best.

tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

by tidus_mi2 » 21 Jun 2022 20:15

Crowbar6753
Ascotexgunner Some serious money being splashed on wages and transfers by the likes of Stoke, Cardiff and Gourley FC.

Gourley FC still have the benefit of some parachute payments...Stoke and Cardiff must be sailing pretty close to breaching FFP regulations, either that of they've decided to go gung-ho and go all out lol :D
I fancy Watford to go straight back up and Norwich should be top six, however, Burnley are in big trouble and will be mid table at best.

They literally sold their stadium for £70m and I believe only just passed FFP with that, if they don't calm down they will eventually breach it.

Also we sold our stadium for only £20m right? We're even shit at cheating.

The Real Sandhurst Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by The Real Sandhurst Royal » 21 Jun 2022 20:16

Stoke finances.

https://www.stokesentinel.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/stoke-city-financial-fair-play-7230553?int_source=nba

While the Coates family continue to bank roll the club they will not find themselves on the EFL hit list.

tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

by tidus_mi2 » 21 Jun 2022 20:21

The Real Sandhurst Royal Stoke finances.

https://www.stokesentinel.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/stoke-city-financial-fair-play-7230553?int_source=nba

While the Coates family continue to bank roll the club they will not find themselves on the EFL hit list.

Not how FFP works though, if they lose more £39m over 3 seasons they get sanctioned, whether the owner is willing to bankroll the club is irrelevant.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 21 Jun 2022 20:50

tidus_mi2

Not how FFP works though, if they lose more £39m over 3 seasons they get sanctioned, whether the owner is willing to bankroll the club is irrelevant.

Difficult to say where they are, seems they must be very close to breaking ffp even with the stadium sales etc

Still baffles me a bit how and why we sold ours so cheaply when sounds like we could have prob sold it for double what we did

Again it’s not a punishment for cheating that we have, it’s a punishment for cheating and doing it very badly

Not sure what players Stoke have on their books now but they do pull in decent crowds which must help

On Strings

by On Strings » 22 Jun 2022 11:40

"At least two of Derby's SEVEN senior contracted players are taking legal action over an employment law that could allow them to rip up their contracts when the club is sold..." - BBC Radio Derby 8) :lol:

The fans are starting to get narky with Rooney too. Must be some soundbites suggesting he might be looking for a way out finally.

WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WestYorksRoyal » 22 Jun 2022 12:50

Hound
tidus_mi2

Difficult to say where they are, seems they must be very close to breaking ffp even with the stadium sales etc

Still baffles me a bit how and why we sold ours so cheaply when sounds like we could have prob sold it for double what we did

Again it’s not a punishment for cheating that we have, it’s a punishment for cheating and doing it very badly

Not sure what players Stoke have on their books now but they do pull in decent crowds which must help

I'm amazed that they haven't closed off the asset stripping loophole that allows income from stadium sales to be included. If costs like academy costs are (rightfully) excluded, why can't certain income be?

FFP's official title is "profit and sustainability" rules, but I can't think of anything much less "sustainable" than encouraging risk taking owners to asset stripping their club. Are lessons being learned from Derby?
Last edited by WestYorksRoyal on 22 Jun 2022 15:06, edited 1 time in total.

On Strings

by On Strings » 22 Jun 2022 14:11

FFS Chris :lol:

Chris Hood - @ChrisHoodForst
I can't think to begin how Derby fans feel right now. My whole life is Forest...
Forest toothbrush, Forest bedsheets, Forest mugs...
That's why I hope they go bust. Every single one of those sheep shagging rats deserves it. #NFFC #DCFC

Absolute fcukers lol

tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

by tidus_mi2 » 22 Jun 2022 14:20

On Strings FFS Chris :lol:

Chris Hood - @ChrisHoodForst
I can't think to begin how Derby fans feel right now. My whole life is Forest...
Forest toothbrush, Forest bedsheets, Forest mugs...
That's why I hope they go bust. Every single one of those sheep shagging rats deserves it. #NFFC #DCFC

Absolute fcukers lol

Had me in the first half, ngl.

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 22 Jun 2022 14:51

WestYorksRoyal
Hound
tidus_mi2 Not how FFP works though, if they lose more £39m over 3 seasons they get sanctioned, whether the owner is willing to bankroll the club is irrelevant.

If amazed that they haven't closed off the asset stripping loophole that allows income from stadium sales to be included. If costs like academy costs are (rightfully) excluded, why can't certain income be?

FFP's official title is "profit and sustainability" rules, but I can't think of anything much less "sustainable" than encouraging risk taking owners to asset stripping their club. Are lessons being learned from Derby?

You can no longer count the sale of assets to an associated party as income. When Stoke did it it was widely reported that they just beat the deadline before the new rules came into force.

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 22 Jun 2022 16:40

Some seriously deluded Forest fans out there. Have seen discussions about what would happen if they and Olympiakos both qualified for the same European competition.

Franchise FC
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Franchise FC » 22 Jun 2022 16:49

Pepe the Horseman Some seriously deluded Forest fans out there. Have seen discussions about what would happen if they and Olympiakos both qualified for the same European competition.

They were expecting (well, the fans were) both Pope and Spence but both of those look extremely unlikely.
That’s going to be the problem for them … who will be left when their ‘targets’ have signed for teams with a (currently) more realistic chance of staying up

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 22 Jun 2022 18:17

Cooper will have done an amazing job if they don’t end rock bottom tbh

Crowbar6753

by Crowbar6753 » 22 Jun 2022 22:24

So i see Cardiff City are meeting with a delegation of Gareth Bale's representatives with regards to seeing if it is plausible that he may sign with them next season!!
I understand he is moving into his let's say "Twilight Stage" of his career, however, Real Madrid to Cardiff City is a huge drop down the ladder even if it is his boyhood team i suspect.
I just googled his wages and he is the third highest player in the world @ 534,000 pound a week.

That is stupid crazy money!! However, it is what it is....so poor little Gareth has been spending this amount of money since moving to Madrid.
To cut a long story short!! how the hell are Cardiff City going to afford his wages!! Let's say they offer him 50,000 a week, that's a 90% pay cut, this guy is living by his means with i guess a lovely penthouse, sport's cars etc...you name it.
Pretty damn sure you will not cover the mortgage and insurance on that lot with that weekly wage, let alone your regular lifestyle your accustomed too lol.

Next concern, how on earth do Cardiff get around FFP with this signing :shock: pretty sure the EFL will be all over them like a rash!!

Is it just me that finds this astonishing that they're even looking into the possibility of making this happen?

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 22 Jun 2022 22:28

Crowbar6753 So i see Cardiff City are meeting with a delegation of Gareth Bale's representatives with regards to seeing if it is plausible that he may sign with them next season!!
I understand he is moving into his let's say "Twilight Stage" of his career, however, Real Madrid to Cardiff City is a huge drop down the ladder even if it is his boyhood team i suspect.
I just googled his wages and he is the third highest player in the world @ 534,000 pound a week.

That is stupid crazy money!! However, it is what it is....so poor little Gareth has been spending this amount of money since moving to Madrid.
To cut a long story short!! how the hell are Cardiff City going to afford his wages!! Let's say they offer him 50,000 a week, that's a 90% pay cut, this guy is living by his means with i guess a lovely penthouse, sport's cars etc...you name it.
Pretty damn sure you will not cover the mortgage and insurance on that lot with that weekly wage, let alone your regular lifestyle your accustomed too lol.

Next concern, how on earth do Cardiff get around FFP with this signing :shock: pretty sure the EFL will be all over them like a rash!!

Is it just me that finds this astonishing that they're even looking into the possibility of making this happen?

If he goes there it won’t be for the money. All he cares about is playing for Wales in the World Cup Finals. Had we lost to Ukraine I think he would have retired.
I reckon he will end up playing in MLS but if he does go to Cardiff it won’t be for big wages.

Crowbar6753

by Crowbar6753 » 22 Jun 2022 22:44

Zip
Crowbar6753 So i see Cardiff City are meeting with a delegation of Gareth Bale's representatives with regards to seeing if it is plausible that he may sign with them next season!!

If he goes there it won’t be for the money. All he cares about is playing for Wales in the World Cup Finals. Had we lost to Ukraine I think he would have retired.
I reckon he will end up playing in MLS but if he does go to Cardiff it won’t be for big wages.

Good call on the MLS Zip, one of the few leagues that could afford him....but seriously, what do you think Cardiff could seriously offer him in wages?

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 22 Jun 2022 22:52

Crowbar6753
Zip

Good call on the MLS Zip, one of the few leagues that could afford him....but seriously, what do you think Cardiff could seriously offer him in wages?

I can’t see them affording more than about £40k a week. For a start there is no way he will be playing twice a week and once the World Cup is over I don’t think he will be interested.
They will recoup money in merchandise sales and increased ST prices and will only be paying for a one year deal so they won’t be committed long term. Even so £40k a week equates to £2 million a year and I cannot see them paying beyond that.

17149 posts