Rival Watch

17149 posts
YorkshireRoyal99
Hob Nob Addict

Re: Rival Watch

by YorkshireRoyal99 » 17 Jan 2022 10:53

Zip
YorkshireRoyal99 Lawrence's wages are astronomical as well, it would cost a lot for somebody to get him, even if the transfer fee would be relatively small. Similar issue as to what we have with Moore.

Lawrence is out of contract in June. For a top end Championship player his current wages wouldn’t be much of an issue.

Yeah that's true in fairness once he's out of contract.

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 17 Jan 2022 10:55

Monumental week coming up for us. Toxic atmosphere aside, 2 back to back wins will go a long way in ensuring safety - 7 wins should be enough - to get that down to 5 would be a massive step. We will know alot more about the team come the end of this week.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 17 Jan 2022 10:56

paultheroyal Monumental week coming up for us. Toxic atmosphere aside, 2 back to back wins will go a long way in ensuring safety - 7 wins should be enough - to get that down to 5 would be a massive step. We will know alot more about the team come the end of this week.

thats true, but our likely team looks so incredibly weak and understrength. We really are hanging on until Feb imo, any points before then a bonus

NathStPaul
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by NathStPaul » 17 Jan 2022 10:58

Seeing how Luton battled against Bournemouth fills me with worry. They'll come here really fired up and be on the front foot early. An early goal for them could see us having another very difficult evening. Again.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 17 Jan 2022 11:03

NathStPaul Seeing how Luton battled against Bournemouth fills me with worry. They'll come here really fired up and be on the front foot early. An early goal for them could see us having another very difficult evening. Again.

No easy games, just need to get ahead and somehow hold on. Hopefully if we can do it once, then we might be able to pick up form.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 17 Jan 2022 11:05

Stranded
NathStPaul Seeing how Luton battled against Bournemouth fills me with worry. They'll come here really fired up and be on the front foot early. An early goal for them could see us having another very difficult evening. Again.

No easy games, just need to get ahead and somehow hold on. Hopefully if we can do it once, then we might be able to pick up form.

We should be able to bring on Morrison and Joao in the second half which might help. Could do with Carroll re-signing and getting a full back in before Wednesday though.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 17 Jan 2022 11:28

paultheroyal Monumental week coming up for us. Toxic atmosphere aside, 2 back to back wins will go a long way in ensuring safety - 7 wins should be enough - to get that down to 5 would be a massive step. We will know alot more about the team come the end of this week.

Like that the number of wins has gone down without us getting any.

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 17 Jan 2022 11:37

Snowflake Royal

Would imagine it is because the number of games have gone down and those teams around us are also losing?

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 17 Jan 2022 11:41

Hendo
Snowflake Royal

Would imagine it is because the number of games have gone down and those teams around us are also losing?

Oh yeah, could work that way. Bit early for that to kick in though.

I'd prefer just x more games for Derby / Posh / etc to lose. It's more likely than us winning. :lol:

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 17 Jan 2022 11:41

Stranded

Luton have 8 wins, 8 draws and 7 losses so far in the league. So you know which result makes sense…

3-0 Luton

YorkshireRoyal99
Hob Nob Addict

by YorkshireRoyal99 » 17 Jan 2022 12:03

Inconsistent, but it will be a difficult game nonetheless.

Barney
Hob Nob Regular

by Barney » 17 Jan 2022 12:38

This is so true.
6 points - we are all ecstatic
4 points - acceptable
3 points - not great, but at least we've won a game
2 points - poor. we are in trouble
1 point - Don't even think about
0 points - G'nite.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 17 Jan 2022 12:44

Barney

This is so true.
4 points - acceptable
0 points - G'nite.

I’d be very happy with 4 points

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 17 Jan 2022 12:53

Zip
Barney

This is so true.
4 points - acceptable
0 points - G'nite.

I’d be very happy with 4 points

Yeah, I think if you offered me 4 points now, I'd snap your hand off.

YorkshireRoyal99
Hob Nob Addict

by YorkshireRoyal99 » 17 Jan 2022 16:56

I think if you offered me a win right now, I'd take that. Not bothered if it comes in the 99th minute against Luton through a freak own goal, let's just get a win on the board and pile the pressure on those around us.

Let's not forget though, Hull and Cardiff aren't exactly in good shape either off the field. We might be the worst of the 3, but Hull aren't going anywhere anytime soon as they are struggling as their takeover has seemingly hit rocks at the moment and playing out from the back for them isn't working as effectively and I don't doubt Cardiff might be one of the next clubs (Bristol City, Stoke and Middlesbrough not withstanding) who may be slapped with FFP punishments as their parachute payments come to a close and they still have some pretty high earners there.

The bottom of the Championship tends to reflect two things (although not in every circumstance), those who are not good enough at this level and those who have off the field issues, usually financially.

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 17 Jan 2022 16:59

YorkshireRoyal99 I think if you offered me a win right now, I'd take that.

Bold statement.

Mid Sussex Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Mid Sussex Royal » 17 Jan 2022 19:45

To recap, generally good results at the weekend with three sides around us losing at home. Derby won, but who knows who else the admin guys will sell

Hull were awful yesterday v injury hit Stoke who were in second gear and out of form

Peterboro lost (hammered in fact) to a Coventry side also in very poor form, and they've relied on home form for points.

Cardiff - lost to a side in form but down to 10 for a significant part of the game, and Moore out for a while.

Barnsley - Woodrow has had knee surgery so assume out for season, they haven't got much else up front.

Cardiff look to have the squad to get out of it, Derby are on form (but who knows what will happen there) so i think Barnsley, Hull and Peterboro are the sides to finish above

WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WestYorksRoyal » 17 Jan 2022 20:10

YorkshireRoyal99 I think if you offered me a win right now, I'd take that. Not bothered if it comes in the 99th minute against Luton through a freak own goal, let's just get a win on the board and pile the pressure on those around us.

Let's not forget though, Hull and Cardiff aren't exactly in good shape either off the field. We might be the worst of the 3, but Hull aren't going anywhere anytime soon as they are struggling as their takeover has seemingly hit rocks at the moment and playing out from the back for them isn't working as effectively and I don't doubt Cardiff might be one of the next clubs (Bristol City, Stoke and Middlesbrough not withstanding) who may be slapped with FFP punishments as their parachute payments come to a close and they still have some pretty high earners there.

The bottom of the Championship tends to reflect two things (although not in every circumstance), those who are not good enough at this level and those who have off the field issues, usually financially.

If us and Derby go down this season, that will be Wigan, Wednesday plus us 2 relegated with points deductions and off field issues within 3 years. And you can already see the next clubs awaiting the fate in the pipeline. Not a great advert for EFL governance, though equally you could argue that it sets a clear warning to other owners.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 17 Jan 2022 21:57

Rooney favourite for the Everton Job. Hope he gets it!

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 17 Jan 2022 23:27

On Derby. I understand part of the issue is the ongoing legal proceedings with Middlesbrough and Wycombe are stopping buyers coming forward because they don’t want to be saddle with a big liability if Derby lose the court cases.

I can understand Wycombe’s stance to an extent as they went down at their expense, but what beef do Middlesbrough have exactly?

17149 posts