Rival Watch

17237 posts
Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

Re: Rival Watch

by Nameless » 10 May 2022 20:31

tidus_mi2 Would it be fair for us to have beef with the EFL if no one gets sanctioned next season? Can't see how Stoke can't be breaching FFP with their losses.

They sold their ground just before the rules were changed to prohibit it. I believe they are also structured in a way that means their losses are absorbed into a highly profitable organisation.

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 10 May 2022 21:17

Maybe we should try that and make Liam Moore the highest paid shop assistant in China.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 10 May 2022 21:24

Perhaps we could pay Moore £500,000 to get rid leaving him s free agent.

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 10 May 2022 22:35

Zip Perhaps we could pay Moore £500,000 to get rid leaving him s free agent.

I think he might want the million that he’d still be owed !

oldebiscuit

by oldebiscuit » 10 May 2022 22:58

tidus_mi2 If Ainsworth takes Wycombe up via the play-offs I'd take him here when he's available simply because he'd maintain a 100% play-off record in 3 attempts.

Maybe we'd actually win the oxf*rd play-offs for a change.

Well we nicked their ‘Since I Was Young’ song, why not half inch their manager too!

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 10 May 2022 23:20

Nameless

He will want to play football
Pay him 50% of his remaining contract and leave him free to negotiate a deal elsewhere. Better than rotting in the reserves

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 11 May 2022 06:26

Zip
Nameless

He will want to play football
Pay him 50% of his remaining contract and leave him free to negotiate a deal elsewhere. Better than rotting in the reserves

You still need to get him to sacrifice a huge sum of money that is legally his ! He takes all the risk. Is he even fit enough to play at the moment ?

NathStPaul
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by NathStPaul » 11 May 2022 06:56

I am interested to hear Moore's side of things once he leaves the club. Something other than poor form has happened, there has been a serious falling out somewhere along with those rumours of racism within the club.

YorkshireRoyal99
Hob Nob Addict

by YorkshireRoyal99 » 11 May 2022 08:50

NathStPaul I am interested to hear Moore's side of things once he leaves the club. Something other than poor form has happened, there has been a serious falling out somewhere along with those rumours of racism within the club.

Surely it's got more to do with the financial factor behind the actual announcement. Although if they were questioning his commitment for the club, that would have been infuriating for him no doubt.

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 11 May 2022 09:18

I read this morning - part of a large fan survey of rivalries..... that we make the top 4 for Southampton and Bournemouth in being their biggest rivals and clubs they hate.

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 11 May 2022 09:25

YorkshireRoyal99
NathStPaul I am interested to hear Moore's side of things once he leaves the club. Something other than poor form has happened, there has been a serious falling out somewhere along with those rumours of racism within the club.

Surely it's got more to do with the financial factor behind the actual announcement. Although if they were questioning his commitment for the club, that would have been infuriating for him no doubt.

The Moore fall out in January has lots more to it than has been publicised and it was very unfair on Moore.
Not sure what you mean by ‘financial factor’, Moore going to Stoke made no difference to our finances.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 11 May 2022 09:28

I agree the way Moore was left to hang out and dry was appalling. Not the way we should be doing things.

YorkshireRoyal99
Hob Nob Addict

by YorkshireRoyal99 » 11 May 2022 09:33

Nameless
YorkshireRoyal99

The Moore fall out in January has lots more to it than has been publicised and it was very unfair on Moore.
Not sure what you mean by ‘financial factor’, Moore going to Stoke made no difference to our finances.

I meant that we have told him to leave the club because we simply cannot afford his wages. I know the Stoke deal didn't impact our finances directly at that time, but it gave him the opportunity to perform and potentially earn himself a move either to Stoke or elsewhere in the league.

As you say, the things that were said about him were very unfair really. I don't think the club necessarily needed to make a statement about him losing the captaincy, they just needed him to move to Stoke with nothing else behind it.

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 11 May 2022 09:38

YorkshireRoyal99
Nameless
YorkshireRoyal99

I meant that we have told him to leave the club because we simply cannot afford his wages. I know the Stoke deal didn't impact our finances directly at that time, but it gave him the opportunity to perform and potentially earn himself a move either to Stoke or elsewhere in the league.

As you say, the things that were said about him were very unfair really. I don't think the club necessarily needed to make a statement about him losing the captaincy, they just needed him to move to Stoke with nothing else behind it.

I don’t think we’ve told him to leave the club. In many ways we have made it hard for him to go, and harder to stay.
The whole situation has been handled badly and I can’t see why the club have acted the way they have.
Last edited by Nameless on 11 May 2022 09:40, edited 1 time in total.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 11 May 2022 09:39

It’s also interesting that since this racism issue Clarke has barely been involved in the first team.

YorkshireRoyal99
Hob Nob Addict

by YorkshireRoyal99 » 11 May 2022 09:46

Nameless
YorkshireRoyal99
Nameless

I don’t think we’ve told him to leave the club. In many ways we have made it hard for him to go, and harder to stay.
The whole situation has been handled badly and I can’t see why the club have acted the way they have.

Yeah, could be true. At the end of the day, we don't know, we can only assume what has happened, but either way none of it is right. As I say, the only reason I can think we've told him to leave the club is because we simply cannot afford his wages. Moving to Stoke seemed like a decent opportunity for him to earn himself a deal there, or elsewhere.

ReadingGlasses

by ReadingGlasses » 11 May 2022 09:54

paultheroyal I read this morning - part of a large fan survey of rivalries..... that we make the top 4 for Southampton and Bournemouth in being their biggest rivals and clubs they hate.

I always find the Bournemouth thing a bit strange because it's not mutual. I get the impression that many Reading fans range from not caring about Bournemouth up to thinking that it's a decent club. The feeling when they first went up to the Premier League was far more "well done to them" than "look what some rivals have done, I don't like this".

It's not like the two towns have any great connection outside of football either. I certainly don't think of Bournemouth as being a neighbouring area, which is a common reason for a rivalry.

NathStPaul
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by NathStPaul » 11 May 2022 09:56

The rivalry with Bournemouth stems from the jealousy of some sections of our support. We want to be them, we are desperate to be Bournemouth.

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 11 May 2022 09:57

Can you point me towards that section of our support, as it is something I have never seen and would like to laugh at them.

NathStPaul
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by NathStPaul » 11 May 2022 09:59

Hendo Can you point me towards that section of our support, as I would like to laugh at them.

Of course a lot of our supporters want to be Bournemouth, they are a successful club who are of a similar size to us. There is an extreme amount of envy amongst a lot of our support. They won't be honest enough to admit it but it is quite clear. Expect better of you tbh, it is pretty obvious.

17237 posts