Rival Watch

17149 posts
elrey

Re: Rival Watch

by elrey » 02 May 2019 13:09

Mr Optimist
elrey
Nameless
What on earth didn’t the Birmingham fans go on to become then ? Politicians ?

There weren't any.

We had Millwall, Wolves and Coventry and the usual glory supporters, but I don't remember there being any Brum supporters.

Must have been some Albion fans though? Don't mind the Baggies fans for the ones I've met over the years they are a decent bunch.

Not in south Warwickshire, no. West Brom is a long way away in my mind, you'd have to go up through Brum and then some more.

I mostly remember when Villa were good and a lot of people supported them. I even remember going to Coventry for a shopping day out and it was a top of the table clash between them and Norwich, and we're talking Division One, before the Premiership even existed. Two big top division clubs close by, most other clubs got ignored, but Wolves, I can't remember if it was just one kid who was a Wolves fan or if there were more. But we went up to what's now the Championship and Wolves were a big 2nd division team then....

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 02 May 2019 14:15

Also spent some time growing up in south Warwicks. I can honestly only remember one Cov fan and one Villa fan. Every one just seemed to support random teams from what I remember

Basildon

by Basildon » 03 May 2019 12:51

Brentford awarded 1-0 win over Bolton

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 03 May 2019 12:58

Basildon Brentford awarded 1-0 win over Bolton

Apparently a first in Football League history that a game has been cancelled. Can only imagine this will only lead to them getting a pretty hefty penalty (if there is still a club to penalise). Comes about because the stadium has lost it's safety certificate again due to employees remaining unpaid.
Last edited by Stranded on 03 May 2019 12:59, edited 1 time in total.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 03 May 2019 12:59

Stranded

Apparently a first in Football League history that a game has been cancelled. Can only imagine this will only lead to them getting a pretty hefty penalty (if there is still a club to penalise).

Should be a further points deduction on top of whatever one they get for going into administration for me.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 03 May 2019 13:08

They're fcuked aren't they?

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 03 May 2019 13:35

Hound They're fcuked aren't they?

Pretty much.

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 03 May 2019 13:37

Hound They're fcuked aren't they?

Well it's not looking good for League One promotion.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 03 May 2019 16:35

Stranded

Apparently a first in Football League history that a game has been cancelled. Can only imagine this will only lead to them getting a pretty hefty penalty (if there is still a club to penalise). Comes about because the stadium has lost it's safety certificate again due to employees remaining unpaid.

Seem to recall Middlesbrough pleading illness for failing to fulfil a fixture at Blackburn in the PL that was finally awarded as a win to Blackburn without being played so something similar has happened before in the top divisions of the English game. Plus I wonder way way back in the dim and distant if, after a particularly weather raddled seasons, some ultimately meaningless games were just left unplayed and “unawarded” to either opponent.

Next, will the same happen at Forest on Sunday.....

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 03 May 2019 17:26

Middlesbrough were docked 3 points. The fixtures was played later in the season and was a 0-0 draw.

They were relegated by 1 point.

Mid Sussex Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Mid Sussex Royal » 03 May 2019 19:50

Sutekh
Stranded

Seem to recall Middlesbrough pleading illness for failing to fulfil a fixture at Blackburn in the PL that was finally awarded as a win to Blackburn without being played so something similar has happened before in the top divisions of the English game. Plus I wonder way way back in the dim and distant if, after a particularly weather raddled seasons, some ultimately meaningless games were just left unplayed and “unawarded” to either opponent.

Next, will the same happen at Forest on Sunday.....

I think the Forest game is okay as firstly its at Forest and also the players have made themselves available (despite not having paid 2 months salaries). The issue with the Brentford game is around the safety certificate.

URZZZZZZZZ
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Long knocks it back in.............IT'S READING WHO TAKE A MASSIVE STEP TOWARDS WEMBLEY!!

by URZZZZZZZZ » 13 May 2019 15:20

Zip
URZZZZZZZZ I like Sheffield United as a club, but Wilder behaved appalling when we played them at home a couple of years back - it all revolved around that goal they scored when in reality they should have given us the ball back.

That goal was last season on the coldest night I have ever watched a game. The gate was incredibly low. We lost 3/1 and missed a pen to make it 2/2. That goal was very sneaky.

It was very sneaky, and WIlder showed absolutely no class in the aftermath. Our bench remonstrated with the 4th official and their bench, at which point he directed a tirade of c-bombs at our team. Anyway, they'll be bottom at Christmas and he'll probably get sacked. At which point, I can start liking him again!

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 15 May 2019 21:39

Loleeds have fallen apart again..

Delighted they’ll once again be our ‘rival’ next season

Special shout out to the fat smug foul mouthed prick who sat behind me at the Madejski in the 0-3 this season

grey_squirrel

by grey_squirrel » 15 May 2019 21:41

Can't really see where else to post this and I don't want to start a new thread, but hearty congratulations to Derby on going on to get beaten by Villa in the P/O Final.

You all know what I mean! Especially 'mot'!

:lol: :D :)

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 15 May 2019 21:44

Great game btw. Fully deserved by Derby and they played very well

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 15 May 2019 21:54

Hi mot - how are you? Thought you were destined for the Premier League a few weeks ago when you beat us 3-0? I hope you enjoy your return to the “soulless” Madejski next season

Kind regards

grey_squirrel

by grey_squirrel » 15 May 2019 21:59

Hound Great game btw. Fully deserved by Derby and they played very well

Yes totally deserved. It was a "great advertisement for Championship football"

Jagermesiter1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Jagermesiter1871 » 15 May 2019 22:01

:?: :?: i thought Leeds had already won the league???

Lets all laugh at Leeds :lol: :lol: :lol:

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 15 May 2019 22:10

That deserves a BAFTA, brilliant viewing. we know you will read this mot, bottled it again tosspots, we saw you cry on the telly :D

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 15 May 2019 22:32

The football world will be celebrating tonight.

Although it’s slightly odd for us to be laughing given that like Leeds we only stayed in the division by a fairly fine margin.

They remain the best team I saw last season which kind of makes them falling apart again even more special.....

17149 posts