Leeds united

256 posts
Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

Re: Leeds united

by Ian Royal » 02 May 2017 17:36

Yeah I've got a workmate who kept talking Leeds up when they were playing well and went above us. Loads of Leeds related messages round a whatsapp group we've got, links to tweets about our loss to them and boring boring Reading.

She then went on a sulky rant recently about how she hated smug Jaap Stam and smug nothing club Reading and smug me when they fell apart and out of the Play Offs.

Up until her crowing about Leeds, I'd spent the season saying we were a work in progress and probably wouldn't keep it up.

And she's normally lovely. The Leeds scum taint gets to everyone.

Steve_Upper_West

by Steve_Upper_West » 03 May 2017 04:15

Ian Royal Yeah I've got a workmate who kept talking Leeds up when they were playing well and went above us. Loads of Leeds related messages round a whatsapp group we've got, links to tweets about our loss to them and boring boring Reading.

She then went on a sulky rant recently about how she hated smug Jaap Stam and smug nothing club Reading and smug me when they fell apart and out of the Play Offs.

Up until her crowing about Leeds, I'd spent the season saying we were a work in progress and probably wouldn't keep it up.

No not everyone - I sit with 4 other season ticket holders one of whom is actually a Leeds fan, Reading have become his second club. Obviously he does not celebrate when we beat them but nor did he crow when they embarrassed us at the Madstad last season. In fact you could not meet a nicer guy... just saying

LightwaterRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by LightwaterRoyal » 03 May 2017 07:23

I recently got my HGV licence. Had to go to Hull for it and the guy who taught me had been a Leeds fan for as long as he could remember. Went to every home game and as many away as possible. He even lived near me in Spain but moved back because it was getting too expensive to fly back every home game. (I know)

Couldn't have been a nicer, more down to earth bloke on the planet than him.

Winchester Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Winchester Royal » 03 May 2017 07:55

I also work with a Leeds fan, who is a lovely guy, very humble and in no way matches the stereotype.

Winston Smith
Hob Nob Addict

by Winston Smith » 03 May 2017 08:14

Steve_Upper_West
Ian Royal Yeah I've got a workmate who kept talking Leeds up when they were playing well and went above us. Loads of Leeds related messages round a whatsapp group we've got, links to tweets about our loss to them and boring boring Reading.

No not everyone - I sit with 4 other season ticket holders one of whom is actually a Leeds fan, Reading have become his second club. Obviously he does not celebrate when we beat them but nor did he crow when they embarrassed us at the Madstad last season. In fact you could not meet a nicer guy... just saying

I also know a Leeds fan who goes to watch RFC with his boys and we have become his 2nd team due to him moving down here many years ago. lovely fella.

I wonder if we know the same person :?

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 03 May 2017 08:43

I think it's a generational thing. My missus's ex husband is a Leeds fan and his attitude is "we've been oxf*rd it up for 15 years, we're going to oxf*rd it up again".

Whilst younger fans seem to have such a sense of entitlement from an era they're not even old enough to remember and they genuinely seem to believe that the last 15 years are a conspiracy and not at all down to chronic mismanagement at the club.

Mix in the mentality that Yorkshire is the Universe and Leeds is Yorkshire and you get a lot of deluded idiots.

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 03 May 2017 10:48

Winston Smith
Steve_Upper_West

I also know a Leeds fan who goes to watch RFC with his boys and we have become his 2nd team due to him moving down here many years ago. lovely fella.

I wonder if we know the same person :?

Must be. i think we've established there's only one nice Leeds fans.

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 03 May 2017 12:16

Jesus what is this shit?

The law of probability says that everyone will know at least one Leeds fan who is nice.

You know, with there being several million of them, and all.

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 03 May 2017 13:52

CountryRoyal Jesus what is this shit?

The law of probability says that everyone will know at least one Leeds fan who is nice.

You know, with there being several billion of them, and all.

Corrected for you.

JamieY26

by JamieY26 » 03 May 2017 14:45

I know a Leeds fan..... He's a tosser!

oldebiscuit

by oldebiscuit » 03 May 2017 22:30

I know a Leeds fan that drinks beer and eats pies, so there you are.

Stockport Royal

by Stockport Royal » 03 May 2017 22:59

I love lamp

exileinleeds
Hob Nob Addict

by exileinleeds » 07 May 2017 23:25

Met a Leeds fan in my local a couple of nights ago....he is Gibraltarian, and has supported them 'since he was a boy' (guessing back in the 70's when they did/won stuff).....nice chap, knows dogs....and like every other football fan I ever speak to, has never met a Chelsea fan who is not an uttercunt.

Half Biscuit

by Half Biscuit » 08 May 2017 00:15

How silly does mot feel now, I wonder.

Crowing about success is one thing, but crowing about success before it's even happened (and when in fact it never does happen) is just asking for trouble.

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 08 May 2017 06:45

Suspect mot has abandoned that user name and is happily posting under one of his other ids....

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 08 May 2017 07:59

Half Biscuit How silly does mot feel now, I wonder.

Crowing about success is one thing, but crowing about success before it's even happened (and when in fact it never does happen) is just asking for trouble.

I know - I wonder if Leeds fans had a pitch invasion to celebrate 7th?

256 posts