Hob Nob Legend

Re: Leeds united

by From Despair To Where? » 04 Apr 2017 18:48

Ian Royal
LWJ
wiggso
Where are the replays of it? I cant find any

https://twitter.com/WALM0T33/status/849 ... evealed%2F

I think that's the worst view of and I still don't think it's intentional. I'd be quite happy to slam one of our players for doing it too.

From multiple angles and a longer build up, you can see there's a strong intent from both to win the ball. Blackett is his usual slightly awkward self. But just watch that video a few times and ask yourself, given where the ball is going and Blackett's body shape, how can he try to get to it without bring the right side of his body round and his arm through that space. He's clearly focused on the ball, and IMO trying to get passed Wood, not do him with an elbow.

Personally, I'd trust 3 elite professional refs on this one.... but I would say that, seeing as they found in our favour in both cases and agree with me.

And to be honest, the way Wood goes down looks very exagerated, especially when you see the ref's view. Yes there's a bruise on his cheek but it's the wrong side. Blackett's arm catches him behind the ear yet he's clutching his temple.

If three refs say no further action then it says it all.

bcubed
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by bcubed » 04 Apr 2017 23:56

genome
mot
genome No proof. Just don't think it's a coincidence that they park there and it's never happened to them until Saturday, when Leeds fans turn up, who a) have a history of vandalism b) got into trouble outside the ground before the game (can't think of that happening before either) c) threw bottles at our players and coins at fans d) by all accounts were abusive to Reading fans on the way home.

If it's proven it was not Leeds fans who smashed them up, I'll hold my hands up. But no smoke without fire, I think.

Hang on, shouldn't you have proof it was Leeds fans first before you sling mud about. As one poster has already pointed out. The Leeds fans were in the ground when this happened. Jumping to conclusions :oops: :oops:

More than enough history for me to comfortably make that assertion.

And as I said, police were called before kick-off. Reading comprehension :oops: :oops:

That and the fact that this is a Forum for Reading fans, so no proof necessary pal

Silver Fox
Hob Nob Legend

by Silver Fox » 05 Apr 2017 00:01

LWJ
wiggso
LWJ IMO the wrong decision. Having seen the replays since I fall firmly on the side of he meant it.

Happy though as Leeds fans trying to defend Cooper's actions by citing the Blackett incident are complete and utter morons.

FA should stamp this out the game with a 7 match ban or something similar.

Where are the replays of it? I cant find any

https://twitter.com/WALM0T33/status/849 ... evealed%2F

:lol: Still waiting for something Blackett should be banned for

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 05 Apr 2017 09:00

they are not making it any better for themselves regarding the bellend Cooper:

"We spoke to Liam and decided together to plead guilty for the recklessness of it," said Leeds boss Garry Monk.

"But 100% not for any intent - Liam's not that type of lad, we know that, and he's very clear on that as well."

Just accept you acted like a complete d!ck and take your punishment. An apology would be good as well.

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 05 Apr 2017 09:34

Reckless = intent

Monk probably meant to say it was careless but reckless challenges are at the top end of the scale.

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 05 Apr 2017 10:23

Six game ban.

Brum Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Brum Royal » 05 Apr 2017 11:16

Pepe the Horseman Six game ban.

Did he play last night? That would make him elligible for the last day. If not he would next be available for any potential play off match.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 05 Apr 2017 11:20

he'll be back for last game of regular season

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 05 Apr 2017 11:21

Leeds fans still going on about Blackett's challenge as if they were comparable. :roll:

"Double standards"

TBM
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: Prediction League Champion 2009/2010, 2010/2011 & 2013/2014

by TBM » 05 Apr 2017 11:22

genome Leeds fans still going on about Blackett's challenge as if they were comparable. :roll:

"Double standards"

I haven't seen any footage of the incident (and i was at the game and don't remember it)

Is there any, anywhere or are they just making it up?

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 05 Apr 2017 11:24

TBM
genome Leeds fans still going on about Blackett's challenge as if they were comparable. :roll:

"Double standards"

I haven't seen any footage of the incident (and i was at the game and don't remember it)

Is there any, anywhere or are they just making it up?

https://twitter.com/WALM0T33/status/849 ... 80/video/1

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 05 Apr 2017 11:24

In other words, we pleaded guilty because we knew we didn't have a leg to stand on and the FA would take us to the cleaners for a blatantly bulshit not guilty plea.

Gunny Fishcake
Hob Nob Regular

by Gunny Fishcake » 05 Apr 2017 11:32

Worthy punishment to heap pressure on Leeds run in

TBM
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: Prediction League Champion 2009/2010, 2010/2011 & 2013/2014

by TBM » 05 Apr 2017 12:07

From Despair To Where? In other words, we pleaded guilty because we knew we didn't have a leg to stand on and the FA would take us to the cleaners for a blatantly bulshit not guilty plea.

LOL - yeah Blackett should have been done for that

The Cube

by The Cube » 05 Apr 2017 13:32

An FA spokesman said, "Liam Cooper was guilty of violent conduct. A standard punishment would clearly be insufficient, so he will now be suspended for Leeds United's next six defeats."

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 05 Apr 2017 13:58

think that would have been a harsh red personally - hardly comparable to a stamp on the head.

Think this wins sh!!test comment award, beating off tough competition:

'Blackett knows the truth,he's a dirty bastard that's got his card marked now.Can you imagine Hunter,Bremner and Gilesy chasing him'

Being as they are either dead or in their 70s, and he is built like a brick outhouse, don't think he would care in the slightest

Forbury Lion
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Forbury Lion » 05 Apr 2017 14:13

RoyalBlue
paultheroyal Thick question alert - but why is the mot song always boo'd - just because its Leeds?

For the same reason we boo Delilah when Stoke visit? It's the best way to try to drown them out?
Correction, It's the best thing we have to drown them out since we don't have a song of our own (no offence Lady Sasima) - The chorus of Sweet Caroline isn't really enough.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 05 Apr 2017 14:18

In a statement, United chief executive Ben Mansford said the club were “disappointed” with the length of the ban. “After careful consideration and consultation with the club, Liam pleaded guilty to the charges brought against him as he acknowledges that the coming together with Reece Oxford was reckless,” Mansford said. “However, in my experience Liam is an honest and genuine person who would never intend to hurt another player. “Liam is a leader and his influence in the dressing room will still play a major role in the remaining fixtures this season.” Speaking last night before the length of Cooper’s punishment was known, Monk voiced sympathy for him but admitted the defender was right to plead guilty. Cooper caught Oxford in the face with his boot during the second half at the Madejski Stadium and was cited by the FA ahead of yesterday’s trip to Griffin Park. Monk insisted that Cooper had not shown “intent” but United’s head coach conceded that the clash had been “reckless”. “We spoke to Liam and as a club we supported him,” Monk said. “We pleaded guilty to a reckless charge but 100 per cent we didn’t plead guilty to an intent charge. “We know Liam very well and as a person he’s not like that. One hundred per cent we didn’t plead guilty to an intent charge.

Caught in the face!? :lol:

Schards#2
Hob Nob Regular

by Schards#2 » 05 Apr 2017 14:18

Away leg of a play off against Leeds could be a bit tasty!

multisync1830
Hob Nob Regular

by multisync1830 » 05 Apr 2017 14:50

terrible stamp and 100% with intent...

256 posts