Back from the game - Leeds (H)

133 posts
Royal Ginger
Hob Nob Addict

Re: Back from the game - Leeds (H)

by Royal Ginger » 02 Apr 2017 00:43

TBM Blackett is fcucking terrible - shouldn't be anywhere near the starting xi

Absolutely correct, lets the ball bounce, can't clear, picks the wrong ball and doesn't seem to notice what's going on around him. He was directly responsible for at least two of their one on ones. All of our other options are better.

Through sheer luck I happened to be looking right at the stamp. The only reason he wasn't sent off is that the only person who saw it was Blackett. There was some debate in the stands over who did it and the officials didn't have a clue. No doubt he'll get a deserved ban.

Whilst the bottle throwing was deplorable, I did lol a bit when Al-Habsi slipped on the exact spot he emptied the bottle immediately afterwards.

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 02 Apr 2017 01:07

Royal Ginger

Absolutely correct, lets the ball bounce, can't clear, picks the wrong ball and doesn't seem to notice what's going on around him. He was directly responsible for at least two of their one on ones. All of our other options are better.

Through sheer luck I happened to be looking right at the stamp. The only reason he wasn't sent off is that the only person who saw it was Blackett. There was some debate in the stands over who did it and the officials didn't have a clue. No doubt he'll get a deserved ban.

Whilst the bottle throwing was deplorable, I did lol a bit when Al-Habsi slipped on the exact spot he emptied the bottle immediately afterwards.

Shamed that didn't actually happen.

BR0B0T
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by BR0B0T » 02 Apr 2017 01:21

Ian Royal
John Madejski's Wallet
Wycombe Royal Because Stam knew that Leeds would take the long ball route and he wanted to get extra height on the pitch.

Self fulfilling prophecy. We were on top when he made those changes....... could have at least waited until Leeds started going long!

Kelly's not long back from injury either.

It worked out ok, so no big deal even if it wasn't great. Ideally we'd have had Evans or Berg available.

Yeah, I assumed it was a fitness thing as much as anything else.

Royal Ginger
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal Ginger » 02 Apr 2017 01:25

leon
Royal Ginger

Yes it did, during the resultant goal kick. The Leeds fans cheered.

Ingham

by Ingham » 02 Apr 2017 06:38

PremAddict
leon
AthleticoSpizz agree Emerald....great performance one and all.

Leeds fans "reverting to type" when convenient

Cooper should get at least a 3 game retrospective ban

Leeds really are cnuts. Fans and team. Always have been, always will be.

Utter cnuts.

Nice that they showed it for all to see. The bottle-throwing plus the stamp just sums-up their style.

Plus number of cars with tyres slashed and windows smashed in road where I parked. Fact that been parking there for years with no problem and Leeds car left untouched suggests it was Leeds scumbags rather than anyone else.

Thanks again go to the Reading fan who helped me change my wheel.

bobby1413
Hob Nob Addict

by bobby1413 » 02 Apr 2017 07:55

Agreed. I've said it before and yesterday did nothing to change my mind.

It's like he's running with someone else's legs and he's just not with it half the time.

In a word: sh1te

The Cube

by The Cube » 02 Apr 2017 07:58

I hate these crappy little clubs, just up from League 1 and heading back there soon. Lots of mouth in the week and treating a trip to Reading like their big day out for the year. But then all they do is sit back and defend, their only idea being to hoof it to a cart-horse up front. Add in some clogging plus a referee who lets them get away with that because he's taken pity on them for being so completely useless. No Plan B. And plan A isn't up to much either.

bobby1413
Hob Nob Addict

by bobby1413 » 02 Apr 2017 07:59

Relief was mainly how I felt yesterday. I thought we outclassed dirty Leeds and I absolutely loved watching our more attacking style yesterday.

I remember we missed two one-on-one chances and hit the post, and also nearly scored in second half. That all made me think Leeds were going to get an equaliser.

I also had visions of Blackett giving a penalty away.

Don't know what Leeds issue is. It must be bitterness knowing that yea they are a big club but they're just another championship club. Nothing special at all.

TFF
Hob Nob Addict

by TFF » 02 Apr 2017 08:20

Royal Ginger
leon
Royal Ginger

I thought he tipped it out near the six yard box/touchline and then slipped after a free kick from the front of the box

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 02 Apr 2017 09:09

Don't get the Blackett abuse. Granted he looks clumsy at times but he has just played in a back 4 that has shut out two of our biggest rivals - surely the other 3 and AAH weren't so fantastic they were covering him being poor as well?

He is a big part of Jaap's plans like it or not. He is big, strong and fairly quick and aggressive in the air. It is no coincidence we look so strong defending set pieces and corners

Sure there is always a mistake in him - but that's why he is here and not still at Utd.

For a relatively small fee I think he has been an excellent signing

Emeraldroyal

by Emeraldroyal » 02 Apr 2017 09:14

Royal Ginger
leon
Royal Ginger

Wasn't the same Spot though.

I chuckled a bit myself but he basically poured it to the right of his post (pitchside) the slip was further out.

That's that sorted :wink:

Jack Celliers
Hob Nob Regular

by Jack Celliers » 02 Apr 2017 09:16

That was fantastic. No footy for three weeks and some shit days at work meant I was really looking forward to it and had that swelling feeling of anxiety all day long. We were brilliant first half. Kelly is a gem. Williams and Swift were just too good for them and at least Yanm took one of the chances. Second half we were also brilliant with backs to the wall defending.

The crowd noise was great and it felt like the last promotion year at times.

I saw the stamp in the hotel afterwards on a big screen. There was a collective gulp of astonishment. Five matches for the the Leeds thug; Blackett could get a three match ban.

Gunny Fishcake
Hob Nob Regular

by Gunny Fishcake » 02 Apr 2017 09:27

Great game, great performance, great atmosphere....that's what we want to see . I think after a performance like that it's churlish to have a go at players, we all know where are weak links are but nobody can deny their commitment , just imagine when all eleven are on their game.Completely deserved that win Leeds should have been dead and buried at half time but I take great heart that we've played one of our main play off rivals and a team we could well play in the play offs semis off the park.

bobby1413
Hob Nob Addict

by bobby1413 » 02 Apr 2017 09:29

Imagine Leeds in the play offs... with the second leg at home :shock: :?

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 02 Apr 2017 09:48

Great performance generally only thing letting it down was the failure to convert at least two other gilt edged opportunities to settle it earlier.

Actually thought Gunter did really well although the whole team should get MotM for the performance and result.

And while Cooper should be done for his "assault" on Reece let's not forget that Blackett could also quite easily be done for his "collision" with Chris Wood.

A win Tuesday will see Reading reclaim false third for 24 hours - or possibly longer if Norwich get something at Huddersfield on Wednesday (which is live on the telly).

Next step is to try and nail down 3rd or 4th place and probably hope we can avoid Fulham in any play off shenanigans.

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 02 Apr 2017 09:58

Sutekh
Next step is to try and nail down 3rd or 4th place and probably hope we can avoid Fulham in any play off shenanigans.

Don`t 3rd play 6th in the play-offs?

royalp-we
Hob Nob Regular

by royalp-we » 02 Apr 2017 09:59

Hound Don't get the Blackett abuse. Granted he looks clumsy at times but he has just played in a back 4 that has shut out two of our biggest rivals - surely the other 3 and AAH weren't so fantastic they were covering him being poor as well?

He is a big part of Jaap's plans like it or not. He is big, strong and fairly quick and aggressive in the air. It is no coincidence we look so strong defending set pieces and corners

Sure there is always a mistake in him - but that's why he is here and not still at Utd.

For a relatively small fee I think he has been an excellent signing

+1

Brings the ball out well, obviously a good footballer in there, left footed too; and produces less mistakes than we would have got with Cooper. I also think Obita / McShane / Moore / Gunter are so strong and have made so few errors, it makes a minor slip turn the crowd on him

Schards#2
Hob Nob Regular

by Schards#2 » 02 Apr 2017 10:10

Ridiculous criticism off Blackett on here, the guy has taken responsibility in the absence of McShane and done a decent job.

He's comfortable on the ball and pick a pass through pressing teams into the midfield. He has the very occasional nervy moment but doesn't every young defender? Hasn't stopped him playing a major part in two crucial clean sheets

People need to get off his back, he's doing fine

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 02 Apr 2017 10:14

Comparing Blackett awkwardly jumping for the ball and catching Wood accidentally with a forearm / elbow and Cooper deliberately stamping on Oxford's head is crazy.

Norfolk Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Norfolk Royal » 02 Apr 2017 10:15

'greed. Not getting the criticism of Blackett. Thought he was immense although he was a bit lucky with the forearm smash on Woods.

Thought Kelly was absolutely brilliant, oozes class. Gunter had his best game for some time. Kermorgant superb. Well done everyone in fact.

133 posts