17%

Total votes: 70
Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: Who do you want in the playoffs?

by Sutekh » 01 May 2017 08:13

bobby1413
George_
RG30 Fulham away, Saturday 13th May with 4,000 pissed up Reading fans.

Would be a 5:30 KO too 8)

Would that game be on live on BBC?

No, all the play off games are live on SKY.

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 01 May 2017 09:15

Posted in rivals but more relevant here....

Convinced everyone will be jostling for position... sure no one will want Fulham however everyone will want Reading.

We won't win at Burton, not with the kids etc being put out... then depends whether Huddersfield can be bothered to play out a win against Cardiff. Wednesday / Fulham game is a gentlemans agreemnt for a draw.

Prediction is we will finish 4th and play Sheffield and Huddersfield take Fulham.

Royal_jimmy
Hob Nob Regular

by Royal_jimmy » 01 May 2017 11:43

In order of choice I want in the semis

1. Huddersfield - they're out of form at the moment. Itll be right but think we'd scrape past them. The 1-0 at their place flattered them and thought we were a little lucky to beat them 1-0 at home. I'm confident we'd go there and get a draw or win then finish the job off in the 2nd leg

2. Fulham - I'm not that confident playing them away first after losing 5-0 there. A similar defeat would mean the tie is over before the 2nd leg. I think with a fully fit full strength side I think we'll be much better. Their home form isn't actually that good and we could go there and win. We nullified them well at home. In at one off game at Wembley I think they'd beat us. Like us, they're open at the back.

3. Sheffield Wednesday - are the in form team, will Have Forestieri fit as well. Id be less confident against them over 2 legs. Then again, they were in the playoffs last year and we have beaten them twice. I just have a funny feeling they'd beat us if we got them.

Playoff finalists id rather face in order:

1. Sheff Wed
2. Huddersfield
3. Fulham

I don't think we should fear any of them. They're as flawed as we are and think we should be about the same odds to win as the others in my opinion.

tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

by tidus_mi2 » 01 May 2017 12:21

Yeah, I don't think Fulham are as great a team as people seem to be worried about, we were missing Kermorgant when they stuffed us and trying to play Samuel who has subsequently gone out on loan, add to that we completely collapsed after Williams got sent off, while I don't think we would have got back into the game anyway, I doubt we would have lost 5-0.

Our form over the season very well suggest we could end up winning the home leg but losing by more away but I'll remain optimistic, our last 2 away games to fellow play-off sides weren't too shabby, a tight 1-0 defeat that could have gone either way and a hard fought 2-0 win.