Huddersfield in trouble over weakened side.

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

Re: Huddersfield in trouble over weakened side.

by Nameless » 04 May 2017 09:23

No.
The rule is fine.
It's a statement of principle which allows the league to consider all the angles and context. I don't think you could frame a 'specific' rule.
It's rather like the playing law that forbids unsporting behaviour. It's very open and allows the officials scope to make sensible decisions on a case by case basis. If you had a list of specifically banned behaviour all that would happen would be people would do other stuff and argue that they were allowed to because it was not specifically banned.

Mid Sussex Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Mid Sussex Royal » 04 May 2017 20:57

I completely get the point that if they'd played their first 11 they would have been at 75% but its the principle of respecting other sides in the league with something to play for.

Wagner wouldn't understand that though - as a team I wouldn't mind if Hudds went up but Wagner's antics this season do not impress me at all.

loyalroyal4life
Hob Nob Addict

by loyalroyal4life » 05 May 2017 05:38

They should be able to play whatever side they choose, respect for the league does not come into it when they are 3 games away from promotion.

3 clubs fighting at the bottom should have thought about their position at the start of the season, not the end reliant on others!