YTF is everyone scared of Fulham FC??

pwb

YTF is everyone scared of Fulham FC??

by pwb » 04 May 2017 12:14

Come on, give me a good reason why RFC should avoid FFC in the semi's?

Toon Toon Blue army

Re: YTF is everyone scared of Fulham FC??

by Toon Toon Blue army » 04 May 2017 12:25

Because we lost 5-0.

pwb

by pwb » 04 May 2017 12:30

Wrong! i asked for a good reason.

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 04 May 2017 12:34

Because they are the form team, flying away from home. a 3-1 win at Newcastle followed by a simular score at a team that thumped us 7-1 a few weeks before,
personally I would prefer to try our luck against them in the semis. rather than a expensive day getting beat at Wembley.

East Grinstead Royal

by East Grinstead Royal » 04 May 2017 12:41

If we are good enough to get to the Premier League, we have to be good enough to beat anyone in the play-offs. I imagine Jaap will have learnt from the two and a half games we've played against Fulham this season, and will already have a plan in mind. But I do agree, I'd rather play them over 2 legs.

pwb

by pwb » 04 May 2017 12:42

Yes that maybe, but they are not in the same form as Sheffield Wednesday by a long chalk!

Top Flight
Hob Nob Regular

by Top Flight » 04 May 2017 12:47

I'm well up for a match against Fulham. A short trip to the Cottage with thousands of Reading Fans, it will be an amazing occasion. Someone will have to deal with Fulham at some point if we are going to go to the Premier League. Why not let it be us at the semi final stage. Stam knows Fulham inside out now. He has tried different tactics against them and found a solution to their style when we beat them 1-0 at the Mad Stad. It won't be easy, but we certainly have a chance. I think our chances are rated at 50/50 to knock them out.

If we do go face them at the Cottage on the Saturday then one thing I have learned is not to buy the delicious sausage that they sell for a fiver. That sausage has brought nothing but bad luck. I indulged at half time last season when we were 1-0 up. Before I started eating it we went 2-0 up thanks to a great goal by Orlando Sa but before I could finish the damn thing we were behind. I blame that collapse on the sausage. This season I had the sausage before the game even started and it was disaster right from the get go starting with Premier League quality right back Chris Gunter putting the ball into his own net. I will not be eating anything at the ground this time around, I will give Reading the best chance of luck by doing all the right superstitious things that I usually do that brings success. That means, I have to have my first coffee on the morning of the match out of my Reading FC mug and I must wear my blue boxer shorts. On top of that at Fulham I will not eat their sausage or anything else in their ground. By taking those steps, I will be doing my bit to ensure that we win.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 04 May 2017 12:50

I have stated a few times they are my preferred team for the semis...

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 04 May 2017 12:55

Don't favour any team in the play offs to be honest. All have their strengths and weaknesses and I'd say they are roughly about the same standard

Fulhams achilles is their inconsistency, home form and dire penalty record. They are possibly the best team in the division on their day, but then they have also lost points to some absolute dross - i.e. Blackburn, Wolves and Brum

LoyalRoyal22
Hob Nob Regular

by LoyalRoyal22 » 04 May 2017 13:02

I hope we get them. Jaap changed the tactics in the last meeting and we nullified them.

The game at the Cottage we went down early to an own goal and went down to ten men. That wont happen again.

Fox Talbot
Hob Nob Regular

by Fox Talbot » 04 May 2017 13:03

I saw the 2-4 there and the 0-5 there. We really struggle against their fast, nippy, forwards.

In the abandoned game here I thought they were the better side in the first half and beating them 1-0 in the re-arranged was hard work.

They've gained a few more points (3) than we have in the second half of the season and have more a sense of momentum about them. They've only lost twice in the last 15 games vs 5 defeats for us. They've won 14 games by two or more goals, we've only won 6 by that margin.

For Chrissake they're virtually Chelsea, Brazil and the Mongol Empire rolled into one almighty biscuit-crushing machine. So let's hope Huddersfield do a job on them!

jar95

by jar95 » 04 May 2017 13:07

pwb Come on, give me a good reason why RFC should avoid FFC in the semi's?

I agree, we are 3rd, deserve to be 3rd and have been in the play offs since October - teams should be wanting to avoid us

Royal_jimmy
Hob Nob Regular

by Royal_jimmy » 04 May 2017 13:16

Top Flight I'm well up for a match against Fulham. A short trip to the Cottage with thousands of Reading Fans, it will be an amazing occasion. Someone will have to deal with Fulham at some point if we are going to go to the Premier League. Why not let it be us at the semi final stage. Stam knows Fulham inside out now. He has tried different tactics against them and found a solution to their style when we beat them 1-0 at the Mad Stad. It won't be easy, but we certainly have a chance. I think our chances are rated at 50/50 to knock them out.

If we do go face them at the Cottage on the Saturday then one thing I have learned is not to buy the delicious sausage that they sell for a fiver. That sausage has brought nothing but bad luck. I indulged at half time last season when we were 1-0 up. Before I started eating it we went 2-0 up thanks to a great goal by Orlando Sa but before I could finish the damn thing we were behind. I blame that collapse on the sausage. This season I had the sausage before the game even started and it was disaster right from the get go starting with Premier League quality right back Chris Gunter putting the ball into his own net. I will not be eating anything at the ground this time around, I will give Reading the best chance of luck by doing all the right superstitious things that I usually do that brings success. That means, I have to have my first coffee on the morning of the match out of my Reading FC mug and I must wear my blue boxer shorts. On top of that at Fulham I will not eat their sausage or anything else in their ground. By taking those steps, I will be doing my bit to ensure that we win.

2,000 royals is all itll be

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 04 May 2017 14:12

Are we still not allowed to swear at Craven Cottage?

alfie9

by alfie9 » 04 May 2017 15:54

I think we have the best chance against them out of all the playoff teams, simply because they are the media's favorites. Can you imagine, boring, boring Reading blocking the 'best team' from reaching the final with negative football and a scrappy Kermorgant goal. It's written in the stars

boycey

by boycey » 04 May 2017 16:24

Trust in the Japs eye, no more spanking at the hands of Fulham.
0-0 at the cottage.
2-0 at ours .

pwb

by pwb » 04 May 2017 16:25

alfie9 I think we have the best chance against them out of all the playoff teams, simply because they are the media's favorites. Can you imagine, boring, boring Reading blocking the 'best team' from reaching the final with negative football and a scrappy Kermorgant goal. It's written in the stars

And the best bit is, the management @ sky Sport TV must be preparing to hang them selves, because they have to televise 2 possibly 3 Reading FC matches on the trot :o :o :o :o :o :o :o

Just image the meeting on Monday morning, how the F*&K did Leeds let us down like this?????

maffff
Hob Nob Addict

by maffff » 04 May 2017 16:38

Neutral stand.

Would rather take them at Wembley.

Danny Murphy.

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 04 May 2017 17:10

maffff

Neutral stand.

WAZZOCK

by WAZZOCK » 04 May 2017 17:49

However bad the loss at CC was, we were much the better team in the 90 minutes home fixture, so that bodes well. Our recent form is very similar to theirs, so there's no reason why we can't turn them over. They will be favourites of course, but much stranger things have happened.